Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HS to Simulate a Biological Terror Attack
The article says Homeland Security is going to conduct a simulated biological terror drill to see how much protection is provided to people inside their homes from the chemical agent. 

WHAT?!!!!!   tinywhat

They say the test will be done in an abandoned town, but if this is true, how will they know how humans are affected inside?  That doesn't make sense to me.  How will they know if it creeps through cracks and makes people sick?

Do you trust Homeland Security?   Do you?

[Image: dhs-spraying-696x366.jpg]

Quote:Newkirk, OK – The Department of Homeland Security plans to conduct chemical and biological testing near the border between Kansas and Oklahoma in January and February, and again in June and July, to determine how much protection people would receive from being inside a house or an apartment in the event of a biological terrorist attack, according to a statement on the Homeland Security website.

The DHS press release notes:
Quote:The study is part of the Department’s ongoing commitment to preparedness and the shared responsibility of protecting the nation’s critical infrastructure. The purpose of this study is to gather data that enhances our predictive capabilities in the event of a biological agent attack.  Specifically, this work will help in predicting the extent to which an intentional release of a biological agent may penetrate single family and multi-family structures. These tests will release inert chemicals and biological materials that will be used to measure the amount of material that penetrates the buildings under varied conditions.

The environmental assessment of the proposed “low level outdoor release” of inert chemical and biological simulant materials states that low concentrations of particles will be released at two buildings on the now-abandoned Chilocco campus.

According to a report by the Wichita Eagle:

Quote:For the particle test, the federal government plans to release titanium dioxide, which it describes as a “white odorless powder that is chemically insoluble in water, nonreactive, nonflammable, and nonhazardous.” It also plans to release urea powder mixed with a CL Fluorescent Brightener.

For the biological portion of the test, it plans to release genetic barcoded spores of a biological insecticide known as native Btk, which is sold under the trade name of Dipel. Dipel is not considered a hazard by the Environmental Protection Agency when handled appropriately, according to the assessment.

Of course, the EPA has been caught colluding with major agro-chemical companies and lying to Congress—so they shouldn’t likely be taken at their word.
[/url]
Interestingly, while the U.S. government claims the chemicals used in the testing won’t adversely impact human health or the environment, the EU has proposed to classify titanium dioxide as a carcinogen—meaning that it is [url=https://echa.europa.eu/-/titanium-dioxide-proposed-to-be-classified-as-suspected-of-causing-cancer-when-inhaled]suspected of causing cancer – specifically when inhaled

Kansas Congressman Ron Estes, in response to the planned chemical and biological testing, said federal agencies, “need to be 100 percent certain this test is safe for the residents of south-central Kansas,” noting that he has “numerous questions.”

Read more:  Source

Did you get that part about bar-coded spores being released?  That's nano tech people!  They are practicing to  infect us with nanos!  You know, chips!  

We know how things REALLY happen during "drills", right?   So, I'll ask you again... Do you trust Homeland Security?  Do you?

Here is a video from James Munder regarding the article. 

(12-21-2017, 07:03 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: How will they know if it creeps through cracks and makes people sick?

I hear there's an app for that.

Quote:Do you trust Homeland Security?   Do you?

Why hell no! That's why I go armed!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Actually this is a way to track anthrax that has been being developed since all those anthrax attacks back in the day which were so very expensive to clean up. 

They have been trying to learn more about how it spreads and the most effective ways to clean up from a real world attack since then. 

The barcode, if you will is uses small genetic signatures attached to an insecticide/pesticide found in nature to not only be considered safe, but is also very similar to anthrax in the way it behaves.

http://tmgbiosciences.com/barcoded-spore-simulant/ (a short article on the topic with links to the two scientific papers written on this.

Here is also an article on this from 5 years ago outlining why they are researching this and why the new technology is important for researching response to anthrax attacks. https://www.ecbc.army.mil/news/2012/Play...-game.html

Here is the thing - to me all this seems perfectly legitimate and I don't see anything inherently faulty with it, nor problematic. They can put small machines in the buildings in various locations which simulates a person inhaling and exhaling to learn more about how an anthrax attack outside in a public area would affect people inside buildings, and possibility build buildings in a safer manner since biological attacks are a worry and a fear - we've already had them and that creates a higher likelihood of it happening again.

As to they can slap a barcode on anything now, well quite frankly they can but it's not necessarily nano tech either... a genetic marker turned barcode isn't the same as a GPS chip that's implanted like on your dog. Our bodies process things and once inhaled or otherwise digested, that barcode is gone... it only survives the life of the biological object it's a part of I will assume, which makes this very effective for tracking effective clean up.

I don't trust the government perse, but I don't see a reason not to allow technologies go forward that can also help us be better protected from our nation's enemies.
(12-22-2017, 12:57 PM)Grace Wrote: I don't trust the government perse, but I don't see a reason not to allow technologies go forward that can also help us be better protected from our nation's enemies.

I agree with that, I just hope they don't choose a windy day to do the "test".   tinysurprised

I might be more paranoid after reading this because of watching Elana Freeland's interview last year with Dark Journalist.  She brings out some very important things to consider regarding nano technology.

Shivers down the spine...

:mediumomg: :mediumomg: