Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This Suicide Machine Makes Death Peacefull And Painless
What are your thoughts on assisted suicide? 

Some people think it is each person's right to commit suicide if they are terminally ill.  I don't know; I was taught as a Christian that life is a gift and it's not up to us to decide when we die; that's God's decision. 

As one who believes in reincarnation, it's something that was decided before we were born. There might be certain things we need to experience to get rid of past karma.  I would hate to think I went through a whole lifetime just to have to come back and do it again because I wimped out right at the very end.  

Well, if you think we all have a right to make that choice, then this will be good news for you.  You can kill yourself peacefully and painlessly with this new machine Philip Nitschke has invented.

Quote:The new chamber was revealed by Philip Nitschke from Australia, and he has been called the “Elon Musk of assisted suicide”. The machine was revealed this week, and this was just a few days after lawmakers in Victoria had a vote on legalizing euthanasia. The device is said to simplify what Nitschke calls “rational suicide” and makes sure that the whole process of suicide is easy and very painless and is what he says is the optimal way to die.
[Image: sarco-via-exit-international-800x430_fd5...k=ydA113oc]
The organization of Nitschke is called Exit International, and it is this company that developed The Sarco machine. The company is said to be an “aid-in-dying” organization. The Sarco comes with a base that has a translucent chamber on top, and it is said to be in perfect proportions for a human to get into. Upon getting into the pod, the chamber begins to fill up with liquid nitrogen, and this will bring down the level of oxygen to only around 5%.

The Patient Becomes Unconscious Within Minutes and Does Not Feel Pain

Nitschke said that within a minute the person inside the chamber would become unconscious and they will not be able to feel any pain. The doctor said that this is similar to depressurizing the cabin of an airplane. He went on to say that when the person has died, which occurs swiftly, the chamber will then become the coffin of that person. The base of the chamber, on the other hand, can be reused.
Exit International gave a press release, and they said that The Sarco is designed to allow it to be 3D printed. It can then be put together in just about any location. He went on to say that the blueprints are going to be made available freely; open-source and they will be put onto the internet.

Accessibility is one of the biggest selling points but there is going to be a big hurdle that people considering it will have to overcome, and this is by way of a questionnaire. The questionnaire will be made available on the internet, and the client who wants to use the chamber will first have to establish their mental health, and then they will then be given a code with 4-digits that will open the door of the capsule so that they can use it. This is said to be the first of many steps that lead to death that is peaceful, within a few minutes.

If you're interested, you can read more here: This Suicide Machine Makes Death Peacefull And Painless
I get the Christian / religious perspective, suicide used to terrify me. Until I "lived" through a few friends choosing that path I was horrified by the thought. But life throws things at people at all stages and I'm done with the whole religious viewpoint. Unless menstruating women are quarantined like the good book says I'm not much for thou holy people talking down about all of the OTHER parts that we should listen to. 

If I was terminal I may have a different viewpoint. If I didn't have the love of my life daughter I would probably feel different yet again. 

But any living and breathing soul on this planet that wants to decide for themselves when the right time is, all the power to you. And that (to me) shows true compassion when we as a society can respect an individuals wishes no matter how much it may cause us to feel uncomfortable. Because true comfort may only be found in the next world (especially somebody who may be dealing with pain that I hope I never have to experience). Who the hell am I in my comfy PJ's to say what's "right" and "wrong"?
I don't know, to be honest.
My husband says he would and he knows a lot of people that need to be Put Down that aren't Terminally ill.

I don't want to suffer or be a burden.
@"Mystic Wanderer"  as far as reincarnation and suicide is concerned, from what I know, to take your own life totally changes your afterlife in spirit form. You're not allowed to reincarnate
immediately. No, you're in a form of Confusion and limbo, you need help and guidance from other family or friend spirits that have passed before you and know you very well.

Now, this Suicide By Choice by be OK if you've made peace with your inner spirit and asked for guidance from other ancestors before you do it.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I've got no problem with suicides. That's their own choice, not mine. Folks want to off themselves, more power to them, I''ll not stand in their way. As Mr. G says, there are also a few choice folks who desperately need killin', and if they did themselves in, would probably be doing the planet a favor. Other folks are terminal, and would just as soon terminate on their own terms, and I'm ok with that, too. My dear old dad, when he got terminal, would have done himself in and did consider it, but something stopped him. I never found out what.

But then one could, philosophically, broaden it out a bit, because life itself is terminal - we're all on a one-way trip. If that's taken into consideration, then anyone can justify their suicide by simply saying they have a terminal disease - life. Some of us are just more aware of it than others, and are acutely aware of just how far the destination station is.

With that said, even though I've got no problem with folks doing themselves in, facilitating it is another matter. Assisted suicide is what we call "murder" around here. Murder is defined as unjustifiable homicide. They may be able to justify offing themselves, but there is no way someone external can justify offing them, if they've done no harm to that person. They aren't in the dead guy's skin, can't know exactly what's going on in there, and have no basis to justify that homicide. If they can get away with that, why can't I get away with going down the street and popping the guy who kicks my dog? It's the same thing - a living guy making another one a dead guy, without justification.

That's pretty much all my thoughts on the matter.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

It's nice to see that this facet of eugenics is still available at this time of the year!
tinywondering
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Perhaps this is something people should read, im not going to say anything let each person decide themselves if this is the world they want to live or die in.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ughts.html
(12-20-2017, 04:20 AM)guohua Wrote: I don't know, to be honest.
My husband says he would and he knows a lot of people that need to be Put Down that aren't Terminally ill.

I don't want to suffer or be a burden.
@"Mystic Wanderer"  as far as reincarnation and suicide is concerned, from what I know, to take your own life totally changes your afterlife in spirit form. You're not allowed to reincarnate
immediately. No, you're in a form of Confusion and limbo, you need help and guidance from other family or friend spirits that have passed before you and know you very well.

Now, this Suicide By Choice by be OK if you've made peace with your inner spirit and asked for guidance from other ancestors before you do it.

Yes, I know a lot of people who need to be "put down" too.   tinysure 

Maybe "being a burden" is part of the karma that whoever is affected by you living needs to burn off?

Or, who knows, maybe suicide was written into our contract before we came here to teach others some kind of emotional lesson?

You said people who commit suicide aren't allowed to reincarnate.  I saw a show once on I Survived...Beyond and Back where this woman had an NDE and she met her aunt in the "tunnel".  Her aunt told her she had committed suicide and would have to come back and live her life again. She had died before her niece was born, but she had seen pictures of her, so she recognized who she was.  I don't know if there was any set time that the aunt had to stay in limbo; she didn't say, but she did make the point that she would have to come back to learn the lessons she failed in the previous life.

Whatever.   I'm in agreement that it is a personal choice that every person has the right to decide for themselves.

This machine is named Sarco.  That sounds a lot like SERCO. Field McConnell says SERCO is an organization that basically runs the U. S., and his opinion of them is very low. He says they are evil.
I don't know that there is any connection with them and this machine, but they are involved in the health field, among other things.
Maybe this is just one more thing they are using to help with depopulation? 
I think one thing that stops people from committing suicide is fearing the pain they might experience. This would make it easy to get rid of all those people breathing the air meant for the slave worker ants!
(12-20-2017, 04:29 PM)Wallfire Wrote: Perhaps this is something people should read, im not going to say anything let each person decide themselves if this is the world they want to live or die in.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ughts.html

Interesting article, but I couldn't read all the way through due to all the ads popping up. 

That girl is still too young to be thinking about suicide.  I think the young people are most affected with such thoughts, especially coming into a world as we have today.  It's an age where you are given responsibilities that you didn't have as a child, and in today's world those responsibilities are heavy unless you are born into a family that's rich.

I've seen so many people who have contemplated suicide, only to have things turn around soon after and they lived a very happy life.  They were so happy that they didn't go through with it.
I think some people choose to burn off heavy karma early and live the remainder of life in peace, or as close to peace as we can get in this chaotic world.
Some people may assign too much too soon when making their charts.
I use an ad blocker, a good one is uBlock Origin, but Im sure the good people here can help you find the ad blocker that suits you best tinybiggrin
Full story

Belgian doctors give healthy woman, 24, green light to die by euthanasia because of 'suicidal thoughts' 
  • Laura, 24, does not suffer from any terminal disease or physical illness 

• She told doctors who assessed her condition that 'life, that's not for me'

• Five people a day currently die with the assistance of medics in Belgium

• New figures show that euthanasia numbers have jumped by a third   
By DARREN BOYLE FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 15:40, 27 June 2015 UPDATED: 16:42, 27 June 2015
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • [email=?subject=Read%20this:%20Belgian%20doctors%20give%20healthy%20woman,%2024,%20green%20light%20to%20die%20by%20euthanasia%20because%20of%20%27suicidal%20thoughts%27%C2%A0&body=Belgian%20doctors%20give%20healthy%20woman%2C%2024%2C%20green%20light%20to%20die%20by%20euthanasia%20because%20of%20%27suicidal%20thoughts%27%C2%A0%0A%0AThe%20young%20woman%2C%20Laura%2C%2024%2C%20%28picture%20posed%20by%20model%29%20admitted%20that%20she%20has%20had%20suicidal%20thougths%20since%20childhood%2C%20claiming%20%27life%2C%20that%27s%20not%20for%20me%27.%20Belgian%20doctors%20have%20agreed%20and%20said%20they%20will%20help%20her%20die.%0A%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-3141564%2FBelgian-doctors-healthy-woman-green-light-die-euthanasia-suicidal-thoughts.html%3Fito%3Demail_share_article-top%0A%0A%0AMost%20Read%20Articles%3A%0A%0AThe%20warring%20neighbours%20who%20turned%20their%20homes%20into%20fortresses%20in%20battle%20over%20a%203ins%20extension%20%E2%80%93%20before%20one%20family%20was%20told%20to%20GIVE%20their%20%C2%A3600%2C000%20house%20to%20the%20other%20after%20losing%20eight-year%20legal%20battle%C2%A0%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-5197481%2FFamily-ordered-600-000-home-neighbours.html%3Fito%3Demail_share_article-top_most-read-articles%0A%0AThought%20you%20knew%20the%20Tube%20map%3F%20Not%20any%20more%20-%20THIS%20is%20how%20it%27s%20going%20to%20look%20when%20the%20Elizabeth%20line%20is%20fully%20open%20two%20years%20from%20now%C2%A0%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-5195543%2FHow-Tube-look-Elizabeth-line-opens.html%3Fito%3Demail_share_article-top_most-read-articles%0A%0ADeath%20threat%20sent%20to%20Amir%20Khan%20for%20%27betraying%27%20Islam%20after%20posting%20a%20photo%20of%20a%20Christmas%20tree%20in%20his%20home%20to%20his%201.2m%20Instagram%20followers%C2%A0%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-5198505%2FDeath-threat-sent-Amir-Khan-Christmas-tree-picture.html%3Fito%3Demail_share_article-top_most-read-articles%0A%0A]e-mail[/email]

• [/url]

7.5kshares

View comments

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3141564/Belgian-doctors-healthy-woman-green-light-die-euthanasia-suicidal-thoughts.html#comments]

Belgian doctors are planning to kill a perfectly healthy 24-year-old woman by euthanasia because she is suffering from 'suicidal thoughts'. 
It is estimated that five people a day in Belgium die with the assistance of doctors, ranging from those with terminal illness to others with chronic, but not life threatening ailments.
Now, a woman, known only as the fictitious name Laura, has been told she qualifies for euthanasia, despite not having a terminal disease. 
Scroll down for video 
[Image: 19A3B1C600000578-0-image-a-1_1435414094320.jpg]
+3

Laura, 24, admitted she has wanted to end her own life since she was a young child (picture posed by model)
The young woman spoke with Belgian newspaper De Morgen about her decision. She said she was convinced that she had to die since her childhood claiming 'life, that's not for me'. 
Laura told the newspaper that these are among her earliest thoughts as she had a troubled childhood. She admitted that her arrival was not planned by her parents and that her father drank too much. 
She eventually moved in with her grandparents, but this did not diminish her self-destructive thoughts. 
Laura admitted that her grandparents gave her 'security, peace, and structure,' but that was not enough. 

The young woman has been a patient of a psychiatric institution since she was 21, where she made friends with a fellow suicidal girl, who died from euthanasia 18-months ago. Since
She said: 'Even though my childhood certainly contributed to my suffering, I am convinced that I had had this death wish even though I grew up with a quiet, stable family.'
Laura said she has enjoyed the process of planning her own funeral but admits that her death will be difficult for her grandparents and her mother. 
She said: 'When I was six, I was once in a room full of friends where guns were located. I remember I was able to hold one and was given directions. "It allows me to meet my end," I thought. "So it may be easy." I thought then the guns were not loaded, but later I learned that it was. If I had known this at that time, I might have pulled the trigger. I can easily imagine.
[Image: 2A07367800000578-0-image-a-3_1435414152772.jpg]
+3

Belgium's leading euthanasia doctor Wim Distelmans, pictured, arranged a symposium on the practice in Auschwitz last year
'Death feels to me not as a choice. If I had a choice, I would choose a bearable life, but I have done everything and that was unsuccessful. I played all my life with these thoughts of suicide, I have also done a few attempts. But then there is someone who needs me, and I don’t want to hurt anyone. That has always stopped me.
'What I’m going to say on that last moment, I do not know yet. I have extensively written ideas in letters to my friends. I think everything has already been appointed. Maybe I will finally figure it out with these words, "Those who are about to die salute you."'
According to the most recent figures, the numbers of people choosing to end their own lives has surged by 27 per cent over the previous 12 months. 
Figures showed that in 2013 there were 1,816 cases of euthanasia, compared with 1.432 in 2012.  

Of the total number of cases in 2013, 51.7 per cent were male patients and 48.3 per cent were female.
Elderly people aged between 70 and 90 years made up just over half (53.5 per cent) of the total. Those aged between 60 and 70 years represented 21 per cent and those aged over 90 years seven per cent.
The under-60s accounted for just 15 per cent of the total number of cases.
In 2003 Belgium was the second country in the world to legalise euthanasia after Holland liberalised the law a year earlier, becoming the first country since Nazi Germany to permit the practice.
Over the past decade the numbers of Belgians dying by euthanasia has crept up incrementally.
There was a 25 per cent increase in the number of euthanasia deaths from 2011 to 2012, soaring from 1,133 to 1,432, a figure representing about two per cent of all deaths in the country.
In February Belgium extended euthanasia to children who are terminally-ill and in a state of unrelieved suffering.
Belgium approves euthanasia for children

Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
0:00

Previous
Play
Skip
Mute

Current Time0:00
/
Duration Time1:57

Fullscreen
Need Text

They must also be judged to have ‘capacity of discernment’, affirmed by a psychologist, and the consent of their parents before they can die by injection.
Anti-euthanasia campaigners have argued that such safeguards have consistently proved to be meaningless.
They say that besides patients who are gravely ill euthanasia is used increasingly on people with depression or non-terminal conditions.
Those killed include deaf twins Marc and Eddy Verbessem, 45, who were granted their wish to die in December 2012 after they learned they would likely to become blind.
Belgium's leading euthanasia doctor Wim Distelmans, pictured, arranged a symposium on the practice in Auschwitz, which attracted major international condemnation.  
Last year Nancy Verhelst, 44, a transsexual, was also killed by euthanasia after doctors botched her sex change operation, leaving her with physical deformities she felt made her look like a ‘monster’.
[Image: 03DE50CD0000044D-0-image-a-4_1435414870376.jpg]
+3

New figures have shown that five Belgians die with the assistance of doctors each day (pic posed by models)
However, some reports claim that Belgium's liberalised Euthanasia regime has led to some patients being killed without their permission. 
An academic report found that  around one in every 60 deaths of a patient under GP care involves someone who has not requested euthanasia.
Half of the patients killed without giving their consent were over the age of 80, the study found, and two thirds of them were in hospital and were not suffering from a terminal disease such as cancer.
In about four out of five of the cases, the death was not discussed with patients subjected to ‘involuntary euthanasia’ because they were either in a coma, they were diagnosed with dementia, or because doctors decided it would not be in their best interests to discuss the matter with them.
Very often doctors would not inform the families of plans to lethally inject a relation because they considered it a medical decision to be made by themselves alone, the report published by the Journal of Medical Ethics said.
The report raised new questions over Belgium’s increasingly controversial 13-year-old euthanasia law, which has won wide acceptance from the medical establishment, and which now allows even children to be killed by doctors.
Report author Professor Raphael Cohen-Almagor of Hull University said: ‘The decision as to which life is no longer worth living is not in the hands of the patient but in the hands of the doctor.’
‘It should also be noted that deliberately ending the lives of patients without their request is taking place in Belgium more than in all other countries that document such practices, including the Netherlands.
‘It is worrying that some physicians take upon themselves the responsibility to deliberately shorten patients’ lives without a clear indication from the patients that this is what they would want.’
The Israeli-born politics and philosophy professor added: ‘The Belgian population should be aware of the present situation and know that if their lives may come to the point where physicians think they are not worth living, in the absence of specific living wills advising physicians what to do then, they might be put to death.’
Belgium’s Euthanasia Act restricts the practice of mercy killing to adults and ‘emancipated children’ who are suffering unbearably and who are able to consent. It remains officially illegal for doctors to kill patients who have not given their consent to death.
The study found, however, that many GPs are killing their patients without consent and that lack of consent may be more common than officially-approved deaths.
‘Given that ending patients’ lives without request is more common than euthanasia, it is suggested to urge the Belgian medical profession to put this issue high on its agenda,’ Professor Cohen-Almagor said. 
Quote:‘The Belgian population should be aware of the present situation and know that if their lives may come to the point where physicians think they are not worth living, in the absence of specific living wills advising physicians what to do then, they might be put to death.’

tinywhat
@"Mystic Wanderer" 
Here is a good ad blocker for firefox. Link
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]