Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Liberals are outraged.
Quote:White House bans seven politically correct terms from CDC budget items — here’s what they are
That's,,,, Presidents Trumps White House and Administration,,,,,,
Quote:The Trump administration is prohibiting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention from using seven words or phrases in official budget documents, the Washington Post reported Friday.

And liberals are outraged.
What happened?
According to the Post, CDC analysts were given the list of prohibited terms at a meeting with senior agency officials in Atlanta on Thursday. The list includes:
  • transgender
  • fetus
  • diversity
  • entitlement
  • vulnerable
  • evidence-based
  • science-based

It isn’t immediately clear why those words and phrases are being scrubbed, nor if the administration will add additional words to the list.

The language-ban is related to “budget and supporting materials” that will be given to Congress and the CDC’s partners, the Post reported.

President Donald Trump is expected to release his budget for fiscal year 2019 sometime next February.

The Office of Management and Budget has jurisdiction over budget proposals, including the language agencies use. A spokesperson for the OMB did not return a request for comment from the Post.

How did people respond?

Michiko Kakutani‏, the former chief book critic at the New York Times, called the move “Orwellian”:

[/url]Michiko Kakutani

✔@michikokakutani

This is Orwellian: Trump admin gives CDC, the nation's top public health agency, a list of words/phrases it is prohibited from using. Words/phrases are: “vulnerable,” “entitlement,” “diversity,” “transgender,” “fetus,” “evidence-based" & “science-based”
http://wapo.st/2j7DbdS?tid=ss_tw-bottom&utm_term=.9fd4a06d4f9c …
Read the rest of the comments from the Progressive Left here: [url=http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/12/16/white-house-bans-seven-politically-correct-terms-from-cdc-budget-items-heres-what-they-are]Source

I was very happy when my wife recommended this article to me to read.

Great this is just one small step…Leftists have been setting the vocabulary we must use for decades…
So,,,,,,,,, I KNOW this is a good chance because the liberal progressives are absolutely freaking out!
Finally a President that is standing up to those promoting politically correct jargon.
I want to say,,,,,  we all know,, 'Verbal engineering always precedes social engineering',,, 
Besides,,,,, Elimination of the Tax Funded Big Brother Pharmaceutical Protection Unit,, should be eliminated to protect the health of our nation and the cost of better medicine. JMHO
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Oh my!

My pants suddenly got way too tight!

Repealing the Individual Mandate AND finally teaching Liberals how to speak English?

All in one day?

Oh my!

My pants just got suddenly way too tight!

There is a list of Liberal terms that I have, for years, found alternate terms for just to make Liberal heads explode, letting them know right up front that their Orwellian Newspeak isn't going to fly anywhere within 40 yards of me. I do the same thing to Christians when they start throwing nonsensical Christian catchphrases at me. English is a language that already exists - folks don't get to engineer it to suit their own delicate sensibilities.

I think I'm gonna crack open another bottle of meade to celebrate small victories for us Neanderthalian infidels moving towards larger victories!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Too many people have grown up thinking that PC is good and normal, it will be a long hard fight to bring free thought back
(12-17-2017, 01:49 PM)Wallfire Wrote: Too many people have grown up thinking that PC is good and normal, it will be a long hard fight to bring free thought back

The younger generations who grew up having a cell phone put in their hand at the age of 6 have no idea what free thought even is. It's going to be a 'new thing' for them for sure.  I wonder how they would even function without someone telling them what move to make next.

I'm glad our President is addressing all this political correctness BS along with other important things.
(12-17-2017, 02:26 AM)guohua Wrote: The list includes:
  • transgender
  • fetus
  • diversity
  • entitlement
  • vulnerable
  • evidence-based
  • science-based
Sadly, more examples of the clever, emotive wordplay of the schoolyard.
Educationally-taught ego-feeding seems to have become the norm of '016 & 17... let's hope it fades away.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe.