Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jack Frost bites the Highlands
Quote:Jack Frost bites the Highlands: Stark satellite picture shows blanket of snow across northern Scotland 
[Image: article-5173501-4745DBDA00000578-904_636x506.jpg]
Yes NASA did release a Fantastic Satellite picture of these mountain in Scotland.
My husband said if they'd use a Key Hole 12 or the new KENNAN Satellite we would probably have seen Gordi writing his name in the snow,,,,   
[Image: SOS-snow-piss-pissing-man-in-the-car-bli...-storm.jpg]
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Reminds me of a story.
Two mothers talking, one says
" I hate it when my son writes his name in the snow with pee"
"Boys will be boys says the other"
"Yes I know" says the first mother "but its not his handwriting"
I can confirm that it has been bloody cold here in not-so-sunny Scotland!

Below freezing temps for the last 10 days or so.... now though... it has climbed back into the balmy realms of 2 or 3 degrees above freezing!!
(Taps Aff! - It's a Glasgow thing.... google it!!! ROFL)

tinylaughing
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
That's a cool satellite photo! 

Hopefully the Scots won't freeze to death!  .

And lol @ the snow writing!
Especially when it's that Celsius freezing @"gordi" that's like zero right? Here at least our freezing is 32...

tinylaughing tinylaughing tinycool
(12-14-2017, 02:33 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: Especially when it's that Celsius freezing @"gordi" that's like zero right? Here at least our freezing is 32...

2 Celsius is just shy of 36 Fahrenheit, which is about the same as it has been here the past few days, without the massive snow cover. Except on top of the ridges where the wind is blowing... it'll blow your ears off up there, and them so numb from the cold that you'd not know they were gone. As I sit here in the bottom of the hollow, it's 36 degrees and not much wind, but up there, when I got into my vehicle to come home, I had to count my fingers to make sure they were all still there, check that the wind hadn't broke the tie-down on my hat that's there to keep me from wasting time chasing it across the fields, and chip the icicles out of the corners of my eyes so I could see to drive home.

No lie - I walked to work in a blizzard one time because no vehicles would make it up the mountain for the snow, and when I got there one of the then managers looked shocked and went into the bathroom to cry. She later said it was the icicles hanging out of my whiskers that did it.

Gordi is a brave man. I ain't about to whip it out and create snow art in that! It'd be a hell of a place to get frostbite!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(12-14-2017, 02:33 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: Especially when it's that Celsius freezing @"gordi" that's like zero right? Here at least our freezing is 32...

Aye - freezing at 0 degrees C.

@"Grace" - It's OK, we're used to it!! LOL

btw - within a few hours of my posting that it was now above freezing.... the temp dropped again!!!
Light dusting of snow here last night. Currently about -3 or -4C. Nice.

(Did anyone get the "Taps Aff!" reference?)

tinybighuh
(12-14-2017, 09:10 AM)gordi Wrote: ...(Did anyone get the "Taps Aff!" reference?)

tinybighuh

I must admit, I had to look it up!
'Taps Aff' is traditionally the penchant that some Newcastle United supporters enjoy
during a chilly Boxing-Day football game. (Near my neck-of-the woods!)

Tops off!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2962]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
YAY! We have a winner!

Taps Aff = Tops Off.
It happens here at the merest glint of sunshine, regardless of the temperature!

NOT by ME I hasten to add!

tinycool