Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About?
For a few months, I've been keeping an eye on this Youtuber and what is allegedly happening on her property.
It's very strange, as she doesn't seem to want to capture footage of who-or-what is frequently visiting and messing
around her house.

The lady filming the post-antics on her porch, in her garage and possibly even inside her home, seems unconcerned
that there's a stranger -whether human or not, invading her family's territory and I'm just surprised at the lack of
standard ridicule the woman's footage has brought.

It looks fake-beyond-fake and even some commenting have suggested it's her husband 'gas-lighting' her by leaving
items, moving stuff and creating a scenario that looks like a friendly Sasquatch is cruising the place!

I can't see how this type of 'oh well, never mind'-style of recording an alleged creature can benefit the discussion on
whether Bigfoot is a real animal or not.
Thoughts?

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
3.4 seconds of fame ?
I couldn't watch the whole video @"BIAD" , it was torture! (Putting me to sleep!! LOL)
But, from what I did see, it looks like a woman keeps finding that small objects (A label/tag, birdhouse, lamp, clothes peg etc) are being moved around her porch (and other places) when she's not there, sleeping or simply not looking?

I didn't see any reference to (or evidence of) Bigfoot in the clips that I did watch (apart from the title of the video).

I'd be thinking:
a)Family member pranks
b)Attention seeking nut-job
or
c)Poltergeist activity
long before thinking "Bigfoot" given the evidence that was presented in the footage I watched.

Is there any compelling evidence in the full video (or her other videos) for the presence of a Bigfoot in her area or is it all like this?

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
Beats me man, but I doubt a bigfoot came into her house and took tootsie rolls without leaving a mess behind.   tinylaughing  
Seems more like someone pulling a prank on her to me.
I don't know, but I would think, Bigfoot is a little BIG to handle the Blue Tag and move those other items around and Not Break Something.

Maybe she needs to set up some of those Trap Cameras, if her husband won't buy them or install them, then I think you've found your Bigfoot.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(12-03-2017, 03:35 PM)gordi Wrote: I'd be thinking:
a)Family member pranks
b)Attention seeking nut-job

G
I'd go with one of these two!
minusculethumbsup
(12-03-2017, 04:24 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Beats me man, but I doubt a bigfoot came into her house and took tootsie rolls without leaving a mess behind.   tinylaughing  
Seems more like someone pulling a prank on her to me.

Oh I see... you're a 'Tootsieist' now, heh?!
tinybiggrin
Rather than accepting that a giant shaggy beast of the forest entered her non-monitored, unlocked abode
whilst the elderly lady was napping and her uncaring husband was at work -plucked a particular food item
from her pantry and then left a number of them in a track outside...

And you think it may be a prank? minusculerolleyes tinywondering
I think you're right!!
(12-03-2017, 03:35 PM)gordi Wrote: ...Is there any compelling evidence in the full video (or her other videos) for
the presence of a Bigfoot in her area or is it all like this?

G

From what I've observed, her videos seem to be all about household items being moved
when she wasn't looking. I think she has some-sort of 'yearning' that it's a Sasquatch playing
light-hearted games!

Personally, If I was her partner, I'd be be:
Checking the drinks cabinet.
Checking the medicine cabinet.
Purchasing a very large firearm.
Seeking psychiatric advice.
Considering the remoteness of the property, investing in a lock.
And finally
Maybe... maybe contemplating a tour with a possible bullet-riddled Bigfoot corpse.
tinywondering
(12-03-2017, 04:30 PM)guohua Wrote: ...Maybe she needs to set up some of those Trap Cameras, if her husband won't buy them
or install them, then I think you've found your Bigfoot.

I think that's why some of her followers believed it too and she had to respond with a
'It's Not Jim' video!

It's a little worrying when a person claims
A huge animal is using the property as it's own.

Films an object in one place and then films it in another place without any continuity.

Wanders her home and due to her narration, implies that nobody in family (she has two step-sons)
is overly concerned for her safety.

Sees nothing wrong with this invasive behavior -whether it's a Bigffot or a human.

Decides that the world via YouTube would accept the unique situation and not judge her negatively.
tinysurprised
I only watched about a third of it before I fell by the wayside, probably asleep. In that time, I saw nothing at all that screams "bigfoot!", nor did I hear any explanation of why the woman thought bigfoot was involved.

"Batshit crazy" was, on the other hand, in strong evidence.

My best guess is that "Jim" is gaslighting the poor old woman, because he probably thinks it's funny to watch her scurry around looking for the next bit of "bigfoot evidence".

It did appear, however, that bigfoot works on cars in his spare time, if the greasy fingerprints (inside the house) shown are any kind of clue. Must have been a baby bigfoot, as the prints were kind of low on the door frame. Also, one might be forgiven for surmising that bigfoot can pick door locks so that he can get into the house and raid Tootsie Roll stashes.

I did see footprints going up the steps to the porch and on the porch itself in one of the segments, and have to wonder why she didn't point them out herself... although they WERE pretty tiny by bigfoot standards. Maybe that's why she didn't point them out. There was only one set visible, and if they were bigfoot, it looked like bigfoot was wearing hiking boots. However, if those prints were there, and bigfoot had also been there, why did bigfoot not leave his own set of prints, since conditions were obviously conducive to foot-printing?

I can also see bigfoot's apparent fascination with the snack pantry. I was sort of mesmerized myself - have you EVER seen that many bags of chip-clipped chips in one place at the same time? It boggles the mind!

What disturbs me the most is bigfoot's obsession with moving the poor woman's chair, ever so slightly. If I were bigfoot, I'd steal that chair altogether, so that I had somewhere to sit in the edge of the woods while watching the house for batshit crazy antics and munching out on stolen chips and Tootsie Rolls.

Life just don't get better than that!

Stuff like this kinda discourages me - it seems calibrated to make actual sightings of bigfoot seem batshit crazy by association. It's this very sort of thing that keeps me from telling my tale more often. I think it can probably be clinically proven that I AM batshit crazy, and if that's the case, and I think SHE is batshit crazy, how far down the totem pole does that place her??

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(12-05-2017, 04:08 AM)Ninurta Wrote: ...Stuff like this kinda discourages me - it seems calibrated to make actual sightings of bigfoot seem
batshit crazy by association. It's this very sort of thing that keeps me from telling my tale more often.

I think it can probably be clinically proven that I AM batshit crazy, and if that's the case, and I think
SHE is batshit crazy, how far down the totem pole does that place her??

This was the reason I posted the video and there are many like it.
It's takes the Bigfoot phenomena back into the area of Crazytown, where shadowy-leaves and sticks
leaning on trees are deemed proof of it's existence.

It's almost like an lazy urban attempt to bring a hairy myth close to homes because the investigative
work is too strenuous to do!

Most of the YouTube videos are interpretations of an opinion regarding the Bigfoot. In many of them,
it's merely stories, outlandish explanations of blurry images and the inevitable ending of not shooting
the creature or losing it amongst the foliage.
Ergo, no evidence.

For someone genuinely coming across a strange being in the woods, these types of videos guarantees
ridicule and keeps the subject in the 'paranormal' bracket.
With the doubt regarding Bigfoot on the YouTube channels still in question, what are the opinions
on this one?

I know that once again, the formula of glimpses, poorly-held camera and weird behavoir is the
norm, but it does seem that something sitting under a leaning-to-the-left branch turns it's face
towards the camera a couple of times.

Pareidolia?

@"BIAD" 
OK,,,,,,,,  minusculethinking
(01-10-2018, 02:20 AM)guohua Wrote: @"BIAD" 

I just find it fascinating that if these 'things' exist, why is it that there's never the next step...
namely, the step that takes you closer!!

Is it just a money-making scheme by all these Bigfoot YouTubers?!
(01-10-2018, 09:41 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(01-10-2018, 02:20 AM)guohua Wrote: @"BIAD" 

I just find it fascinating that if these 'things' exist, why is it that there's never the next step...
namely, the step that takes you closer!!

Is it just a money-making scheme by all these Bigfoot YouTubers?!
YES!!! Exactlly.
I kept waiting for them to Zoom In on the Blinds to get a better look.
But No Zoom.
(01-11-2018, 12:03 AM)guohua Wrote: YES!!! Exactlly.
I kept waiting for them to Zoom In on the Blinds to get a better look.
But No Zoom.

Then... there's a Bigfoot in my garden and nobody can see it!

Seriously, this subject will never get any credibility and I feel sorry for those who genuinely
believe they've seen one.

I understand -but obviously don't don't agree with it, that the need to misuse a topic for financial
gain will always be with us. But recently, it seems to me that the whole phenomena is and always
was about fooling people out of money.

I just thought there'd be a better focus on the visual chicanery!
(01-11-2018, 12:16 PM)BIAD Wrote: ... But recently, it seems to me that the whole phenomena is and always

This is a difficult one for me.
I know several people (who's opinion that I value and trust) who swear that they have had direct and absolutely definite interaction with this phenomenon.
Central Scotland isn't exactly a hotbed for Bigfoot activity, so I don't have any direct experiences myself.

All I can say is that the Bigfoot phenomenon has been around for hundreds of years.
Many Native American tribes have legends from their ancestors about the Large Hairy Men of the Forests.
There was no Internet for publicity back then, or financial profit to be made from making up these tall tales, so in my own mind - these early reported encounters have more credibility than the vast majority of modern "fuzzy youtube video" ones. (Many of whom I do believe are solely in it for the publicity, fame and profit - but not all.)

My own best guess is that there is likely "something" out there. (Just with the sheer volume and similarity of encounters reported).
But, that the "something" is not necessarily a hairy hominid living in the woods.

I think that the lack of clear photographic (and video) evidence is a direct result of the true nature of this phenomenon.
If this "creature" exists at the edge of our perception, phasing in & out of our own dimensional reality, then it would be almost impossible to photograph clearly.
I look upon it something like I look upon the Ghosts, UFO's, Loch/Lake monsters, Cryptids and other "paranormal" stuff...
At the edge of our perception. Possibly seen through a rip in space/time?

Bigfoot could be a real live Gigantopithecus but seen through a "million years in the past" glitch in time?
Nessie could likewise be a genuine Plesiosaur, but glimpsed through the distorted veil of a time rift?
UFO's? Flying vehicles of the future?
(Some) ghosts - living people from the past (or future)?

ALL of these phenomena share the same basic credentials:
They have been reported by thousands and thousands of people, despite being viewed as seemingly "impossible" within our own scientific realm of knowledge.
They all defy being clearly photographed despite the rise of the camera phone.

Maybe they are all linked.

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(01-11-2018, 04:49 PM)gordi Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 12:16 PM)BIAD Wrote: ... But recently, it seems to me that the whole phenomena is and always

This is a difficult one for me.
I know several people (who's opinion that I value and trust) who swear that they have had direct and absolutely definite interaction with this phenomenon.
Central Scotland isn't exactly a hotbed for Bigfoot activity, so I don't have any direct experiences myself.

All I can say is that the Bigfoot phenomenon has been around for hundreds of years.
Many Native American tribes have legends from their ancestors about the Large Hairy Men of the Forests.
There was no Internet for publicity back then, or financial profit to be made from making up these tall tales, so in my own mind - these early reported encounters have more credibility than the vast majority of modern "fuzzy youtube video" ones. (Many of whom I do believe are solely in it for the publicity, fame and profit - but not all.)

My own best guess is that there is likely "something" out there. (Just with the sheer volume and similarity of encounters reported).
But, that the "something" is not necessarily a hairy hominid living in the woods.

I think that the lack of clear photographic (and video) evidence is a direct result of the true nature of this phenomenon.
If this "creature" exists at the edge of our perception, phasing in & out of our own dimensional reality, then it would be almost impossible to photograph clearly.
I look upon it something like I look upon the Ghosts, UFO's, Loch/Lake monsters, Cryptids and other "paranormal" stuff...
At the edge of our perception. Possibly seen through a rip in space/time?

Bigfoot could be a real live Gigantopithecus but seen through a "million years in the past" glitch in time?
Nessie could likewise be a genuine Plesiosaur, but glimpsed through the distorted veil of a  time rift?
UFO's? Flying vehicles of the future?
(Some) ghosts - living people from the past (or future)?

ALL of these phenomena share the same basic credentials:
They have been reported by thousands and thousands of people, despite being viewed as seemingly "impossible" within our own scientific realm of knowledge.
They all defy being clearly photographed despite the rise of the camera phone.

Maybe they are all linked.

G
I agree with you,,, it is a Very Good Possibility that families or tribes of Bigfoot exist, the point is, in this video they clearly did not have the Zoom activated or utilized.
I couldn't see what they say they were seeing.

That is clearly the problem with hunting Bigfoot.
The video evidence is so very hard to capture, because I think the creature as a better sense of smell and hearing and can elude their pursuers.
The sounds they make are possible to document.
Yes, I do think people have had a Bigfoot encounter, but like being Abducted by Aliens, Very, Very, Very Hard To Prove.
(01-11-2018, 09:43 PM)guohua Wrote: ...I couldn't see what they say they were seeing.

It was difficult, there's something in the darkened area under the branch that the camera-holder
is saying that is a sloth-like face looking away and slowly keeps turning towards them.

The odd part is the easy-going nature of the people in the video and their neglect to go to the spot!

Quote:...That is clearly the problem with hunting Bigfoot.
The video evidence is so very hard to capture, because I think the creature as a better sense of smell
and hearing and can elude their pursuers...

Maybe because these things are either human -in the sense that most YouTube videos are just fake or...
the genuine footage shows a being that may not understand our technology. but accepts the owners
of the technology and the equipment itself, can effect it's overall existence.
It's a difficult call.

Like  Gordi, I believe there's something out there that doesn't fit the norm, but wading through the
narcissistic videos where the presenter is in the shot more than what he/she believes is the subject
matter, doesn't help.

It'll be interesting to discover whether Bigfoot's elusiveness is down to natural guile of the creature
or the laziness and reluctance for the discovery that seems to be shown in many of the videos out there.

In the earlier video of the lady having things moved around her property, her unwillingness to set a camera
in a place where proof could be obtained, is a perfect example. Considering she claims a Bigfoot invades her
garage and steals tools, wouldn't it be prudent to set up a camera just to see who is trespassing on her
family's property?!

It honestly looks like the majority of Bigfoot investigation is about attention-seeking and keeps the
phenomena in the 'entertainment' section.
(01-09-2018, 04:39 PM)BIAD Wrote: With the doubt regarding Bigfoot on the YouTube channels still in question, what are the opinions
on this one?

I know that once again, the formula of glimpses, poorly-held camera and weird behavoir is the
norm, but it does seem that something sitting under a leaning-to-the-left branch turns it's face
towards the camera a couple of times.

Pareidolia?

I'm calling intentional bullshit on this one. Not because I don't believe in bigfoot - because I do - but because of the video itself.

I've spent a day or two in the woods, looking for things that don't want to be found. Not bigfoot, of course, as I believe that hunting bigfoot is a fools errand (take that as you like), but more mundane things... which still don't want to be found. People, deer, turkey, bears, even lowly squirrels. Things that don't want to be found in the woods are pretty darned alert, because, well, they don't want to be found!

With that in mind, the way these two yokels crash through the brush, sounding like a herd of buffalo and for all practical purposes yelling at one another and snapping twigs so very loudly, wouldn't get within 5 miles of anything that doesn't want to be found in the woods. Certainly not close enough to catch whatever they are hunting for on grainy, shaky, video. They might as well have had bullhorns, klaxons, and a couple of police sirens strapped to their asses, and couldn't even sneak up on a rock.

Whatever that blurry thing was, it wasn't bigfoot, and it was something (or someone) that wanted to be found, was practically begging to be found. I'm surprised it didn't walk up to THEM and pose for a picture.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’