Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The YouTube Bigfoot... What's It All Really About?
(01-14-2018, 05:59 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I'm calling intentional bullshit on this one. Not because I don't believe in bigfoot - because I do - but because of the video itself.

I've spent a day or two in the woods, looking for things that don't want to be found. Not bigfoot, of course, as I believe that hunting bigfoot is a fools errand (take that as you like), but more mundane things... which still don't want to be found. People, deer, turkey, bears, even lowly squirrels. Things that don't want to be found in the woods are pretty darned alert, because, well, they don't want to be found!

With that in mind, the way these two yokels crash through the brush, sounding like a herd of buffalo and for all practical purposes yelling at one another and snapping twigs so very loudly, wouldn't get within 5 miles of anything that doesn't want to be found in the woods. Certainly not close enough to catch whatever they are hunting for on grainy, shaky, video. They might as well have had bullhorns, klaxons, and a couple of police sirens strapped to their asses, and couldn't even sneak up on a rock.

Whatever that blurry thing was, it wasn't bigfoot, and it was something (or someone) that wanted to be found, was practically begging to be found. I'm surprised it didn't walk up to THEM and pose for a picture.

This is why you'll never get invited to the YouTube-Bigfoot Christmas party!

Seriously, if a 'close-cousin' to humans does exist or an more-ape-than-man is wandering around the United States,
wouldn't it be important for a group of serious researchers to highlight such fraudulent acts?

Mainstream academia scoff at the existence of Bigfoot already and I would think it's obvious to anybody that since
there's no acceptable proof of this creature -a creature that could turn the current consented reality, footage like
the one above does nothing to improve the situation.

That leaves genuine witnesses in a situation of mistaken identity and the possibility that a large biped just wishful
thinking for the sake of financial gain. That's what irks me, because I believe your own sighting and many others.

Will the Sasquatch phenomena always remain as 'silly-season' column fillers and blog-radio scary yarns...? Those
who swear they want to bring the subject to the fore seem reluctant to move it out of the area of theory-rhetoric
and blurry images.
I honestly don't know what to think.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Bob Gylman's YouTube channel always takes the elusive ape of the Americas
very seriously and never fancies-up his videos with dumb music or silly guest-shots.

The person Bob's talking about can be found here on YouTube.
Excellent, I am checking out the link!  minusculebeercheers

Those are some Very Interesting Recordings he has caught.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Interesting video @"BIAD". 

Call me crazy, I still hold my belief that Bigfoot is an ET because it was just after seeing little scout ships come out of a Mother Ship that the Bigfoot sighting my sister had, and all the strange screams in the forest surrounding my childhood home started to occur.

Then one day, it just stopped. ET went home. Maybe.   tinybighuh
This is only vaguely connected to the Bigfoot phenomena, but it's
interesting when contemplating the wilderness around us.

(And the fact I'd never heard of a McKenzie wolf before!)

(08-27-2019, 07:27 PM)BIAD Wrote: This is only vaguely connected to the Bigfoot phenomena, but it's
interesting when contemplating the wilderness around us.

(And the fact I'd never heard of a McKenzie wolf before!)

@"BIAD"   minusculewtf That is Interesting!  minusculethumbsup2
Are we learning yet? Strata doesn't tell you anything and there's still a long way to go before we
find out what is supposed have died out and yet, still with us.

The article is about this chap...
[Image: attachment.php?aid=6299]
A face of an early human ancestor that oddly looks like the giant biped many in the US report today.
Of course, the down-side is we're not ready to admit it exists yet.

Quote:'All bets now off' on which ape was humanity's ancestor.

'Researchers have discovered a nearly complete 3.8-million-year-old skull of an early ape-like human ancestor in
Ethiopia. An analysis of the new specimen challenges ideas about how the first humans evolved from ape-like ancestors.

The current view that an ape named Lucy was among a species that gave rise to the first early humans may have to be
reconsidered.

The discovery is reported in the journal Nature.
The skull was found by Prof Yohannes Haile-Selassie at a place called Miro Dora, which is in the Mille District of Ethiopia's
Afar Regional State. The scientist, who's affiliated to the Cleveland Museum of Natural History in Ohio, US, said he immediately
recognised the significance of the fossil.

"I thought to myself, 'oh my goodness - am I seeing what I think I am seeing?'. And all of a sudden I was jumping up and down
and that was when I realised that this was what I had dreamt," he told BBC News.

Prof Haile-Selassie says the specimen is the best example yet of the ape-like human ancestor called Australopithecus anamensis
- the oldest known australopithecine whose kind may have existed as far back as 4.2 million years ago.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6298]
Different aspects of the new specimen's face and view (bottom-left) looking at its upper-jaw from below.
The creature had protruding jaws and small earholes.

It had been thought that A. anamensis was the direct ancestor of a later, more advanced species called Australopithecus afarensis,
which in turn has been considered a direct ancestor of the first early humans in the grouping, or genus, known as Homo, and which
includes all humans alive today.

The discovery of the first afarensis skeleton in 1974 caused a sensation. She was nicknamed Lucy by researchers after the Beatles
song, Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds, which was playing at the excavation site.

Hailed as "the first ape to have walked", Lucy captured the public's attention. But writing a commentary in Nature, Prof Fred Spoor,
of London's Natural History Museum, said that anamensis "looks set to become another celebrated icon of human evolution".
The reason for this likely elevated status is because we can now say that anamensis and afarensis actually overlapped in time.
The former did not evolve directly into the latter in a neat linear manner, as previously supposed.

The realisation comes about through the reinterpretation that the new fossil brings to bear on a previously discovered 3.9-million-year
-old skull fragment. That fragment had been assigned to anamensis. Scientists can now see it is actually the remains of an afarensis,
pushing this species' origin deeper into the past.
It's apparent now the two species must have co-existed for at least 100,000 years.

What most likely happened was that a small group of anamensis isolated itself from the main population and over time evolved into
afarensis because of adaptations to local conditions. The two types rubbed along for a while before the remnant anamensis died out.

The finding is important because it suggests that additional overlaps with other advanced ape-like species may also have occurred,
increasing the number of potential evolutionary routes to the first humans.

In short, although this latest discovery does not disprove that Lucy's kind gave rise to the Homo group, it does bring other recently
named species into contention. Prof Haile-Selassie agreed that "all bets are now off" as to which species is humanity's direct ancestor.

He explained: "For a long time, afarensis was considered the best candidate as an ancestor to our kind, but we are not in that position
any more. Now we can look back at all the species that might have existed at the time and examine which one may have been most like
the first human."

The term "missing link" drives anthropologists crazy when they hear anyone, especially journalists, use it to describe a fossil that is
part-ape and part-human. Indeed Dr Henry Gee, a senior editor at Nature, once threatened to "rip my liver out and eat it with onions,
borlotti beans and a glass of claret" if I did so when reporting a previous discovery.

There are many reasons for Henry's irritation, but chief among them is the recognition that there are many links in the chain of human
evolution and most if not nearly all of them are still missing.
Anamensis is the latest in a string of recent discoveries that shows that there was no smooth line of ascent to modern humans.

The truth is far more complex and far more interesting. It tells a story of evolution "trying out" different "prototype" human ancestors in
different places until some of them were resilient and clever enough to withstand the pressures wrought by changes in climate, habitat
and food scarcity - and evolve into us.

Prof Haile-Selassie is one of the few African scientists working in human evolution. He is now a recognised name but he says it's hard
for well qualified African researchers to get the necessary financial backing from Western-based research funding organisations.

"Most of the fossil evidence related to our origin comes from Africa and I think Africans should be able to use the resources available
in their own continent and advance their career in palaeoanthropology.
Their limitations getting to this field of study is usually funding," he told me...'
BBC:

The BBC couldn't resist a bit of diversity-virtue-signalling at the end, of course!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

@"BIAD"  tinysure
How did you get that picture of my Uncle Chimzhuping ?  tinylaughing
(08-29-2019, 04:52 AM)guohua Wrote: @"BIAD"  tinysure
How did you get that picture of my Uncle Chimzhuping ?  tinylaughing

I keep detailed photo-albums!!!

Your fellow-Chinese seem to be liars as well as the rest of the world... unless a large biped does
exist in remote areas and the Establishment are the ones hiding the truth!

Being a Brit, it may well be that a possible duplicitous act could be 'lost in translation' due to the
chap in the video below living in North America.

Would someone from the US take a look and offer their opinion on his conduct? Thank you.

I only watched the first 15 minutes.  All I see is a man telling his personal opinion on the Bigfoot topic and kicking the snow because he needs to be moving; probably cold.
However, I have also read that when a person is lying it will show (manifest) through moving one's feet, or sometimes the hands.
The more movement in the feet, the stronger the possibility they are lying. But I hate to say that in this case because, like I said, it's cold and he may just need to move to keep the blood flowing.

I'm not sure what you're asking, but that's all I see.
(02-22-2020, 07:41 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I only watched the first 15 minutes.  All I see is a man telling his personal opinion on the Bigfoot topic and kicking the snow because he needs to be moving; probably cold.
However, I have also read that when a person is lying it will show (manifest) through moving one's feet, or sometimes the hands.
The more movement in the feet, the stronger the possibility they are lying. But I hate to say that in this case because, like I said, it's cold and he may just need to move to keep the blood flowing.

I'm not sure what you're asking, but that's all I see.

It was just that his opinions stretch into places not very well liked by the mainstream Bigfoot community.
He sees the phenomena as a dangerous animal and may have links towards the Bigfoot having deliberate
'evil' intent.

I was slightly confused due to his machismo, his 'I-don't-give-a-sh*t' attitude, that might be hiding an unknown
agenda. Apart from that, his confident no-nonsense approach seems to indicate he's had semi-regular interaction
with the beasts.

But thank you for taking a look.
(02-22-2020, 02:21 PM)BIAD Wrote: Being a Brit, it may well be that a possible duplicitous act could be 'lost in translation' due to the
chap in the video below living in North America.

Would someone from the US take a look and offer their opinion on his conduct? Thank you.

Very little actual information - he seemed to be much more interested in drumming up support (i.e. revenue) than he was in presenting any actual information.

By his accent, I detect Canadian.

The story he tells towards the end is an odd one. I would think a Marine could tell the difference between a sasquatch and a man in a ghillie suit - the colors are utterly different, for one thing. However, the reportee's assessment that mere M-16's with live ammo would only piss it off matches well with my own experience in the matter, so there's that.

The stomping and foot-shifting only means it was cold in my opinion - there was also stomping and foot-shifting going on off camera by someone (or possibly another horse) who wasn't talking, and was therefore not lying - so I don't think the foot-shifting is indicative of any prevarication. As a matter of fact, so little information was presented (an what was was second-hand) that I don't think any lies were told - but an agenda was attempting to be hidden, IMO.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(02-22-2020, 11:18 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Very little actual information - he seemed to be much more interested in drumming up support (i.e. revenue) than he was in presenting any actual information.

The story he tells towards the end is an odd one. I would think a Marine could tell the difference between a sasquatch and a man in a ghillie suit - the colors are utterly different, for one thing. However, the reportee's assessment that mere M-16's with live ammo would only piss it off matches well with my own experience in the matter, so there's that.

The stomping and foot-shifting only means it was cold in my opinion - there was also stomping and foot-shifting going on off camera by someone (or possibly another horse) who wasn't talking, and was therefore not lying - so I don't think the foot-shifting is indicative of any prevarication. As a matter of fact, so little information was presented (an what was was second-hand) that I don't think any lies were told - but an agenda was attempting to be hidden, IMO.

minusculethumbsup
Thank you, I took to watching his other videos and found them less 'woo' than other YouTubers ... at first.
Then he seems to promote the idea that Sasquatch are possibly Nephilim.

With the back-drop of a hard-hitting hunter, I wasn't sure whether it was a new way of presenting 'the-bible-knows'
craze or a slow build-up of evidence and a conclusion he was merely arriving at.

I'll keep a wary eye on the videos.
minusculebeercheers
(02-22-2020, 11:31 PM)BIAD Wrote: minusculethumbsup
Thank you, I took to watching his other videos and found them less 'woo' than other YouTubers ... at first.

With the back-drop of a hard-hitting hunter, I wasn't sure whether it was a new way of presenting 'the-bible-knows'
craze or a slow build-up of evidence and a conclusion he was merely arriving at.

minusculebeercheers

He may have been leading up to that Nephilim connection in this video, where he says "Saquatch isn't the only thing out there - there are a LOT of other things out there, too". While he is correct, there ARE a "lot of other things out there", I don't believe they are nephilim, as the nephilim were alleged to have been exterminated.

Speaking of the "other things out there", I have some trail camera images taken in infra-red of a VERY large cat in these here woods, and another from the same camera, same spot, same angle, of a man to estimate the size of it from. The cat looks to me for all the world like a Smilodon - i.e. "saber-toothed tiger". Big head, massive forequarters, back sloping down to hips, short tail. I've been trying to find them, without success so far, but when I do find them, I'll post them somewhere here at RN to gawk at...

... because there are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dream't of in our philosophies...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(02-22-2020, 11:31 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(02-22-2020, 11:18 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Very little actual information - he seemed to be much more interested in drumming up support (i.e. revenue) than he was in presenting any actual information.

minusculethumbsup

minusculebeercheers

I like the guy.
If the tale in this video (starts at 11.36) has any credibility, it may show us why Bigfoot is so difficult
to observe and film. The lady -who the reader initially thought was a male, says that even though she
aimed her handgun straight at the angry beast, it was only the moment when she cocked the hammer,
did the situation change between her and the Bigfoot..

It means that the creature knows the functions of a firearm and is aware that cocking the hammer is a
sign of intent. It knows the way we think.
tinyhuh

(02-28-2020, 06:08 PM)BIAD Wrote: ...  it was only the moment when she cocked the hammer,
did the situation change between her and the Bigfoot..

It means that the creature knows the functions of a firearm and is aware that cocking the hammer is a
sign of intent. It knows the way we think.
tinyhuh

The tale rings true to me - it has several points of contact with my own experience. I've told my tale a couple of times before, so I'll not re-relate the entire thing again, only hit the high spots. I had a 12 gauge shotgun, loaded with 6 rounds of double-ought buckshot... and I was utterly unconvinced I could stop the thing before it got on me if it charged, even with that much lead, just as this lady was unconvinced that a .44 would dent hers. The critter never charged me, but it DID know that I was there, and exactly where I was hid, because it looked straight at me for several seconds. To be certain, had it charged I'd have shot the shit out of it with everything I had, but I still might not be here today had that occurred, despite all the gunfire.

It made an impression on me that survives to this day - just like she mentioned her hand shaking, I was shaking pretty hard myself. Around here they say "shakin' like a dog shitting peach seeds" or "shaking like a dog shitting razor blades". Perhaps overly descriptive, but you get my drift. I could have won a dance contest, I think.

After the encounter, when we were all back in the house, I had a pretty stiff drink myself, just as she mentioned, while I told the tale of what had me shook up to the rest of the folks there.

Now, all sorts of critters understand guns, what they're for and what they will do, so it doesn't surprise me that a Bigfoot would understand them as well. Even crows, with their bird-brains, know the difference between a man with a gun and a man without a gun - they have different warning calls for each.

Several years ago, when I was living in Gibsonville NC, we got a call one morning from a distraught neighbor who reported that some dogs had her son pinned in to his house, and wouldn't let him out to catch the school bus. I put on my field jacket and put a Browning Hi-Power HP35 9mm pistol in the pocket and went to run the dogs off. When I got there, they were out away from the house running along a fence line, but when they saw me, they turned and started charging straight for me, with evident mayhem in mind. I took two steps backwards to create space while I limbered up the pistol, figuring I was going to have to shoot them, but when I got it drawn and aimed, and cocked the hammer, the dogs stopped dead in their tracks, one being a huge Rottweiler. He stood there for a moment assessing the situation and licking his chops, but when I said "You'd better get on, or I'm gonna plant one right between your eyes" he and his companion hightailed it out of there before I could make good on my promise.

Years before that, in my late teens or early 20's, I was crossing a field with one of my own dogs when a 3000 pound Black Angus bull took offense and started charging us. My dog - a 90 pound beast of a cur with a shaggy brown coat, green eyes, and a pink nose whose name was "Chipper" -  ever the dutiful protector, promptly ran and hid behind my legs, looking up at me as if to say "ain't you gonna do something?". All I had was a .22 rifle, but that was better than nothing since there was no way we could make it out of the field before the bull could catch us. I planted my feet and drew down on the charging bull, with intent to turn him into a 3000 pound pile of hamburgers... but as soon as he saw me draw down, he stopped so suddenly that his skidding feet kicked up a dust cloud. He stared at me a few moments, and I stared back (never dropping the rifle muzzle nor taking the sights off the miscreant bull, of course), waiting for the charge to resume, but it never did. After a few minutes of staring each other down, the bull blinked. He snorted and trotted off in a safer direction, and my dog and I finished crossing the field unmolested.

I tell those tales just to underscore the point that critters KNOW - so why shouldn't a primate like Bigfoot?

=======================================================================

The wolf story earlier in the video also intrigued me. About 4 years ago or so, I saw a huge wolf on top of the mountain here one morning, which was about 3 1/2 feet tall and about 5 feet long from the tip of his nose to the root of his tail where it joins the body. When I raised Timber Wolf - German Shepherd hybrids, I had a big white male that weighed 145 pounds, and he wasn't as big as the wolf I saw. I think the report in the video of the wolf being "4 1/2 or 5 feet tall" was an exaggeration borne of the observer's shock, but have no doubt that it was big - just not THAT big. The Dire Wolves mentioned by the narrator were not that big - they were about the size of the wolf I saw, which is the size of an exceptionally huge modern Timber Wolf - but Dire Wolves attained that size regularly, not exceptionally.

My sighting, my research on Dire Wolves and their size, and one other report have always made me wonder about that sighting. The other report was by Osborne Russell, a Rocky Mountain fur trapper in the 1840's. In an appendix to his diary, which has been published as "Diary of a Fur Trapper", he lists many of the animals he encountered in his travels in the Rockies in that day and age, and under "Wolves" he lists 3 types he encountered, whereas only two of those types are recognized today. He tells of a "Medicine Wolf", which is what the Indians called coyotes, and so equates to a modern coyote. A second type he called "Prairie Wolf", and the description he gives answers to what is called a Timber Wolf nowadays. The third type is one that modern classification does not recognize as still existent - he called it a "Buffalo Wolf", and it's description accords with the descriptions of Pleistocene era Dire Wolves.

That, my sighting, and this report, make me wonder if Dire Wolves ever truly went extinct.

Alberta, Canada seems to be the place where Bigfoot and his family like to hang out.
What do you think? See the baby clinging to its mother's back?!

(03-21-2020, 09:27 PM)BIAD Wrote: Alberta, Canada seems to be the place where Bigfoot and his family like to hang out.
What do you think? See the baby clinging to its mother's back?!

I saw something furry, but it looked more like a black wolf to me.