Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Puerto Rican Secretary Of State Blows Whistle On Hurricane Relief Fraud
[Image: puerto-rico-sec-state-740x400.jpg]
VIDEO SCREENSHOTS BY LUIS RIVERA MARIN

Puerto Rico’s Secretary of State, Luis Rivera Marin, recorded a video that shows the United States aid to Puerto Rico "is going to waste and being thrown away in dumpsters before it can reach the millions of island residents afflicted by Hurricane Maria".

Quote:Most of Puerto Rico still does not have power, and its inhabitants are struggling with shortages in food, water, and essential supplies. However, yesterday Marin made the shocking discovery that a sizable portion of United States aid to Puerto Rico is going to waste before it ever reaches the hurricane victims.

The video shows countless unopened boxes full of ready-to-eat meals in a dumpster, presumably thrown away by Puerto Rican officials. The video was shot in Patillas, a city on the island’s southeastern coast.
You won’t hear this stuff from the lying mainstream media. Keep the GotNews mission alive: send tips to editor@gotnews.com or donate at FreeStartr.com/GotNews.

And here's the shocker: They are doing it to make President Trump look bad in the eyes of the public! I've seen those news articles floating around on Yahoo News myself!

Quote:This bombshell revelation appears to confirm GotNews’ earlier reporting on a Puerto Rican police officer who claimed elected officials, including Carmen Yulin Cruz, the anti-Trump Mayor of San Juan, are deliberately sabotaging hurricane relief efforts for political reasons.

In a call to a New York City Spanish language radio station, the cop claimed the situation in Guaynabo, a suburb of San Juan, “looks like communism.”:

She went on to describe the waste, noting how “There are dozens and thousands and thousands of food [boxes] and when people ask, we cannot give anything away because Carmen Yulin says that we cannot take anything out, because everything is a soap opera here – everything is a show.”

“Carmen Yulin won’t move unless there is a camera behind her,” the caller continued. “I need to speak for the people because the people are suffering. Because I, as a cop – along with other police partners – we are seeing it.”

The FBI is currently looking into public corruption allegations against Puerto Rican officials in light of reports like these.

Let's hope the corrupt "leaders" are impeached and arrested for crimes against humanity, and the people in Puerto Rico get the help they so desperately need.
Good post MW
As I said in the OP, they are doing it to make President Trump look bad in the eyes of the public!

And here we have yet another article degrading President Trump from the MSM. They just don't miss a beat.   tinyok 

[Image: aa0487e5d598cdc656c48dea74f25ba6]
New York Rep. Nydia Velázquez discusses the damage in Puerto Rico caused by Hurricane Maria, Sept. 26. (Photo: Matthew Daly/AP) 

Quote:WASHINGTON — Nydia Velázquez, D-N.Y., the first Puerto Rican-born woman elected to Congress, sharply criticized President Trump’s handling of the hurricane damage on the island in an interview with Yahoo News on Friday evening. The congresswoman also suggested the president is treating Puerto Ricans differently than other U.S. citizens because they are Latinos.
Velázquez expressed shock that Trump gave himself “a 10” on a scale of one to 10 when Yahoo News had asked him to grade his response to the destruction.
“I really don’t know how he arrived at 10,” Velázquez said.
Trump gave himself the perfect score when he spoke to reporters in the Oval Office on Thursday after meeting with Puerto Rico Gov. Ricardo Rossello.
Slideshow: Puerto Rico 1 month after Hurricane Maria >>>
The congresswoman went on to cite figures about the current situation on the island, which is a U.S. territory. As of Friday morning, more than 80 percent of the island was without power, and more than 30 percent lacked reliable drinking water. The devastation was largely caused when Hurricane Maria hit the island on Sept. 20. The storm was a Category 5, the highest level on the hurricane scale.
“This is a month later. I really think that this president is delusional. He’s out of touch,” said Velázquez, adding, “I don’t know if he doesn’t or he is incapable to really understand how disgusting it is … that he seems to be more concerned with self-adulation than what is happening on the ground.”
Velázquez, who visited Puerto Rico shortly after the storm struck, did not hesitate when Yahoo News asked what grade she’d give the president’s response to the hurricane one a scale of one to 10.
“Oh, four,” she said.
Velázquez said she thinks the island’s residents, who are U.S. citizens, would be receiving better treatment if they were not largely Latino.
“I think that, in his mind, Puerto Ricans are not American citizens. Or, if they are and he came to that realization, that they are, you know, less deserving of the government being there for fellow citizens,” Velázquez said of Trump.
[Image: e0bb3f031c563d1e4ae07ff11e40437c] President Trump meets with Puerto Rico Gov. Ricardo Rosselló in the Oval Office on Oct. 19. (Photo: Kevin Lamarque/Reuters)
The White House did not respond to a request for comment about Velázquez’s assessment of Trump.

Velázquez’s New York City district has a sizable Puerto Rican population. She said many of her constituents believe Trump is racist towards Latinos.
(Red highlights by me)

Oh yes, let's not forget to throw that race card in there!  

Read more of this disgusting article here:   Trump gave himself a '10' for Puerto Rico recovery. This congresswoman says it’s a '4.'
The political means of the few outweigh the struggling needs of the many.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2692]
Thank heavens Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz's shirts weren't lost in the hurricane.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Contraversy

Should this be treated as a crime?

Should those involved be jailed?

Now here is the hard part..

If this is a crime and others have died because of this..

Should the people involved be facing murder charges..
(10-23-2017, 02:27 AM)Armonica_Templar Wrote: Contraversy

Should this be treated as a crime?     YES!

Should those involved be jailed?        YES!

Should the people involved be facing murder charges..   YES!
(10-23-2017, 02:32 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 02:27 AM)Armonica_Templar Wrote: Contraversy

Should this be treated as a crime?     YES!

Should those involved be jailed?        YES!

Should the people involved be facing murder charges..   YES!
You know what else is a Crime?
The MSM has not crucified that Bitch.
No, they'll ignore this.

Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Yes indeed, the screaming that the US s to blame for Puerto Rico's hurricane woes may have
been a way of averting attention from one of the regular acts of corruption on the island.
A corruption most vulgar, they hid the supplies.
tinyok

Quote:2 more Puerto Rico officials fired after warehouse break-in.

'SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) — Gov. Wanda Vázquez fired the heads of Puerto Rico’s housing and family
departments Sunday in the latest fallout over the discovery of a warehouse filled with emergency supplies
dating from Hurricane Maria.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7018]

The removal of Housing Secretary Fernando Gil and Department of Family Secretary Glorimar Andújar came
a day after the governor fired the director of Puerto Rico’s emergency management agency.

Vázquez fired him hours after a Facebook video showed angry people breaking into the warehouse in an area
where thousands have been in shelters since a recent earthquake.
“There have been actions by government officials that have been completely unacceptable,” the governor said
Sunday.

Vázquez said she decided on the additional firings after meeting with leaders of her administration Sunday
morning and officials were unable to provide information she requested about other collection and distribution
centers.

“They weren’t able to personally tell me specifically where these centers were located, what they contained and
whether an inventory was completed,” she said. Vázquez did not elaborate on why Gil and Andújar were singled
out, saying only that she had lost confidence in them.

Anger erupted in Puerto Rico on Saturday after an online blogger posted a live video of the warehouse in the
southern coastal city of Ponce filled with water bottles, cots, baby food and other basic supplies that had apparently
been sitting there since Hurricane Maria battered the U.S. territory in September 2017.

The blogger, Lorenzo Delgado, said he had received a tip about the warehouse but did not specify when.
A group of people broke into the warehouse and began distributing supplies to those affected by the recent 6.4
magnitude quake that killed one person and caused damage across Puerto Rico’s southern region.
More than 7,000 people remain in shelters as strong aftershocks continue.

Ponce Mayor María Meléndez said she was outraged, noting that she and other mayors were trying to find basic
supplies since the quake. “I spent several days requesting cots and water,” she said. “They sent me to Cabo Rojo
for the cots and to San Juan for the water. If I had known that those supplies were there, I would have demanded
that they be taken out immediately. ”

When asked how it was possible that she did not know about the existence of the warehouse, Vázquez replied,
“That’s what the head of agencies are for ... to inform the governor.”

Vázquez said she worried that the warehouse discovery and the fallout would affect the credibility of the territorial
government in Washington, which has temporarily retained some federal funds for Maria relief amid concerns of
corruption and mismanagement...'
AP News:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe.