Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
They're Still Trying to Impeach Trump
They are still trying to find a way to impeach Pres. Trump.  Now they're saying he obstructed justice by firing Comey during his investigation into Russia.  Can you believe it?  

mediumfacepalm 

If some of the things I'm reading are true, "they" might be the ones to be "impeached" first! 
At this point, I think it's a race to see who reaches the finish line first.

[Image: b35dd8d3661b539ad463a1baf5ceab00]

Quote:What would it take to impeach President Donald Trump? The evidence might be in the public record already.

The Brookings Institution, a research group and public policy organization, charged in a paper published Tuesday that Trump obstructed justice when he got in the way of investigations into Russian interference in the presidential election by trying to persuade FBI Director James Comey to drop the bureau's probe and then firing him.

"The public record contains substantial evidence that President Trump attempted to impede the investigations of Michael Flynn and Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, including by firing FBI Director James Comey," the paper says. "There is also a question as to whether President Trump conspired to obstruct justice with senior members of his administration although the public facts regarding conspiracy are less well-developed."

In the paper, "Presidential Obstruction of Justice: The Case of Donald J. Trump," Brookings researchers write that attempting to stop an investigation, "demanding the loyalty" of someone involved, requesting their help in ending the investigation, and then firing that person are acts "that have frequently resulted in obstruction convictions." Trump expressing "hope" that Comey would stop the investigation, as the former director testified, could be enough to prove that he fired him for the wrong reasons.

The Brookings Institution is known as a liberal research organization, and the study's authors have criticized Trump before. But they make the case that obstruction, conspiracy and conviction for a federal crime have been enough to impeach public officials in the past and cite the articles of impeachment drafted against Presidents Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton.

The authors of the study note that impeachment discussions are "premature" before the end of the investigation. 

Indeed, articles of impeachment have already been filed in the House of Representatives but with little support. In July, Representative Brad Sherman (D-Calif.) filed articles saying much of what the Brookings authors state in their study and accused the president of obstructing justice. The articles he wrote alleged that Trump "prevented, obstructed and impeded the administration of justice during a federal investigation." Representative Al Green (D-Texas) was the only supporting co-sponsor. 

Representative Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.) is filing articles of impeachment for another reason. He claims Trump failed the “presidential test of moral leadership” following white nationalist violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, this summer by failing to condemn the groups involved. Cohen delayed bringing his articles to the floor because of several natural disasters across the nation and the mass shooting in Las Vegas but plans to move the articles forward this month.
Do you see how they are twisting all this information around to their liking?  Sigh... makes me sick.  
However, I don't think they have a case... they're just desperate at this point to use anything they can. 

Read more of the article from the title link.
I sure after he is dead they will clam he was a mass rapist and pedophile. That he started ww3, 4 and five , caused sun spots and turned people heterosexual ( did i miss anything )
(10-12-2017, 11:26 AM)Wallfire Wrote: I sure after he is dead they will clam he was a mass rapist and pedophile. That he started ww3, 4 and five , caused sun spots and turned people heterosexual ( did i miss anything )

Yes...  You forgot that he will be responsible for ordering all the kittens and puppies to be put to death due to animal over-population.

You can tell they are "reaching" for ANYTHING right now to get him out of office.  A think tank?  'Let's put our heads together and come up with something to get him impeached.'   tinysure 

Good luck with that!   tinylaughing

If they ever do get him out, I think it will be a setup, and the people who voted him in should look under every rock for who did it.
Then put them under the rock!