Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Yahoo says 2013 Hack hit all 3 Billion user Accounts
Sigh...  another hit to our cyber accounts, right after the news about the Equifax hack. tinyshocked 

Quote:SAN FRANCISCO – All 3 billion of Yahoo’s users as of 2013 were affected by a data theft the company originally said had only affected 1 billion users, Yahoo said Tuesday in a statement.
That makes the Yahoo hack far and away the largest in history. 
[/url]The biggest data breaches and hacks of all time
[url=https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2017/10/03/biggest-data-breaches-and-hacks-all-time/729294001/]

>The additional two billion data theft victims came to light as Yahoo was being integrated with Verizon, which bought the company in June for $4.5 billion

>"During integration, the company recently obtained new intelligence and now believes, following an investigation with the assistance of outside forensic experts, that all Yahoo user accounts were affected by the August 2013 theft," the company said in a statement posted on its website Tuesday. >

Verizon negotiated down its purchase price for Yahoo by $350 million because of two massive breaches the online media company suffered. The first, in 2013, was believed to be the largest reported data breach ever, involving the theft of data associated with more than one billion user accounts. Yahoo revealed that breach in December 2016.
The other breach, which occurred in 2014 and was revealed by Yahoo in September 2016, affected at least 500 million Yahoo accounts and was believed to have been the work of a state-sponsored actor.

The revelation isn't a huge security issue for the company or for users, though it is a black eye at a time when cybersecurity is in the limelight due the Equifax hack. 
The 2016 investigation found that the stolen user account information did not include passwords in clear text, payment card data, or bank account information. 

Yahoo said it would send email notifications to the additional affected user accounts.
Yahoo disclosed in November of last year that law enforcement officials had given it data files showing what appeared to be evidence that an unknown third party had access to Yahoo user data.

At the time, Yahoo brought in outside forensic experts and confirmed that the data was in fact from Yahoo users — and that the breach affected more than one billion user accounts.

Yahoo said in 2016 it did not know who was behind the theft.
The company said that the attackers stole the user information from its system in August of 2013. However it didn't know when they had gained entry to its network or how long they were there before they stole the user information.

Contributing: Mike Snider in Washington D.C.

Source
It's getting to the point where I just want to pick up my computer and...   smallkillingpc
I was watching Alex Jones last night and this was part of the discussion.  It appears that the gooberment is suggesting everyone get rid of their social security numbers and be assigned a number that can be changed at their discretion when something like this happens. 
This would be another form of power they would have to track us, but personally, I think the implanted chip will be the way they go.
It makes me wonder if all these hacks aren't just another "false flag" to get the public to agree to that agenda.