Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ouija Boards
Loosely related to Ouija...
As a teenager, I had read (in a book called "The Necromancer") that spirits could be summoned by lighting a candle, linking hands around a table and reciting the lords prayer backwards.

Being young, stupid and bored.... me and a small bunch of friends tried it.

There were about 5 of us in the front room of my friends house (they were 2 brothers).
We dimmed the lights, lit a candle and laid our hands on the table.
As we started reciting the prayer, their dog immediately started whimpering and acting strange.
It went away to the furthest corner of the room and hid under a wooden display cabinet, shivering!

This was right at the start, only 2 or 3 words in!
We all just laughed it off and started again.
About 5 or 6 words in... the candle flickered. We all stopped and everyone blamed everyone else for "blowing" at the flame but no one admitted to it, so we decided to go again, but with everyone leaning back, away from the table so no one could blow easily.
We got to the exact same part of the prayer (about 5 or 6 words in) and the candle started to flicker again...
No one was blowing. We kept going this time...  10.... 12 words in... and the flickering became more animated and rhythmic...
When we hit 16 words (I can still recite the prayer backwards from memory but never go beyond that word!!!) the candle flame went "boof boof boof..." and the candle flew violently off of the table, slamming into the opposite wall about 15 feet away!

The dog bolted for the door and everyone else immediately jumped up and ran the hell out of there, scared witless.

The 2 brothers who lived there eventually went back inside, maybe 30mins later, but they were still very frightened.
I'm not aware of anything else happening in that house after that.

We were all sitting at the table, with our hands clearly visible, palms down, pinkies touching the pinky of the person on either side of us.
No one moved their hands.
No one could have touched the candle or bumped the table or blown the candle flame etc

Something made the flame flicker.
Something knocked the candle physically, violently off the table and right across the room.
(It was with the same level of force as a person throwing it as hard as they could.)
Scary as hell and we never did it again.

G

(11-25-2017, 11:41 AM)gordi Wrote: Loosely related to Ouija...
As a teenager, I had read (in a book called "The Necromancer") that spirits could be summoned by lighting a candle, linking hands around a table and reciting the lords prayer backwards.

Being young, stupid and bored.... me and a small bunch of friends tried it.

There were about 5 of us in the front room of my friends house (they were 2 brothers).
We dimmed the lights, lit a candle and laid our hands on the table.
As we started reciting the prayer, their dog immediately started whimpering and acting strange.
It went away to the furthest corner of the room and hid under a wooden display cabinet, shivering!

This was right at the start, only 2 or 3 words in!
We all just laughed it off and started again.
About 5 or 6 words in... the candle flickered. We all stopped and everyone blamed everyone else for "blowing" at the flame but no one admitted to it, so we decided to go again, but with everyone leaning back, away from the table so no one could blow easily.
We got to the exact same part of the prayer (about 5 or 6 words in) and the candle started to flicker again...
No one was blowing. We kept going this time...  10.... 12 words in... and the flickering became more animated and rhythmic...
When we hit 16 words (I can still recite the prayer backwards from memory but never go beyond that word!!!) the candle flame went "boof boof boof..." and the candle flew violently off of the table, slamming into the opposite wall about 15 feet away!

The dog bolted for the door and everyone else immediately jumped up and ran the hell out of there, scared witless.

The 2 brothers who lived there eventually went back inside, maybe 30mins later, but they were still very frightened.
I'm not aware of anything else happening in that house after that.

We were all sitting at the table, with our hands clearly visible, palms down, pinkies touching the pinky of the person on either side of us.
No one moved their hands.
No one could have touched the candle or bumped the table or blown the candle flame etc

Something made the flame flicker.
Something knocked the candle physically, violently off the table and right across the room.
(It was with the same level of force as a person throwing it as hard as they could.)
Scary as hell and we never did it again.

G

tinywhat 

It could have been one of your dearly departed grandmothers who was coming to scare the crap out of you so you wouldn't mess with such things again.   smalltappingfoot