Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PROJECT REDSUN: THEY WENT TO MARS WITHOUT TELLING US
Transferring this thread from the old board to here revealed that the source link for some of this information was removed, but I captured what I'm posting before it was taken down. 
It makes me wonder if NASA was behind making them remove it?  Maybe some things there they didn't want us to see? :thinking:

Going to Mars has been an important goal for NASA since the 1950's. During the summer of 1965, Mariner 4 became the first successful mission to come near the surface of our neighboring Red Planet. The photos returned by the space module caused a lot of excitement among NASA’s personnel, as it revealed never before seen features of the planet.

This new information caused the agency to want to send astronauts there and colonize the Red Planet. Therefore, NASA secretly funded a project much like the Apollo missions which they code-named, PROJECT REDSUN.

The project's aim was to colonize the planet, but after analyzing the case, it seems they had some other ideas as well.
Is it possible that NASA encountered some form of intelligent life on Mars?

Quote:In 1971, one year before the final Apollo mission, Mariner 9 was orbiting Mars and managed to photograph the entirety of its surface, thus providing conclusive images with ancient riverbeds, a 3,000 mile-long grand canyon, gigantic volcanoes, and other artificial-like structures that we can also see for ourselves today.

What seems rather interesting is the fact that NASA had a free hand to operate under the ongoing lunar exploration hysteria. Another curious thing to note is the fact that the agency was overly prepared to send a second mission to Mars, as Richard Zurek, NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory’s leading scientist revealed: It was a good thing we had other spacecraft ready, as it might have stopped Mars exploration for a while.

The pace of exploration would have slowed – we certainly wouldn’t have had anything as ambitious as the mission in the 1970s.

Quote:Mariner 9’s photo of Nirgal Vallis, the largest valley network on Mars It was a planet that seemed similar enough to the Earth that you could imagine it having supported life in the past… We still don’t know for sure if life did develop there.” In the years that followed, several exploration modules were sent to Mars, probably because of the unimaginable discoveries that were previously unearthed.

However, first photos from the actual surface of the planet were taken by the Viking 1 mission and were revealed on July 20, 1976. One day later, the first color picture taken by the Viking 2 lander was available. Considering all the above, we can’t help but wonder what happened between 1970 and 1976, and why the space agency didn’t officially admit the landing of a module on the Martian surface until then? On August 28, 1973, a secret mission funded by NASA and the US Department of Defense was to depart towards the distant planet Mars under the name of Project Redsun. According to recently leaked documents, the crew consisted of American astronaut Edwin E. “Buzz” Aldrin, Neil Armstrong and a fellow comrade from the USSR named Vladimir Ilyushin.

The video below was supposedly leaked from a collection of 16mm archived footage used in the training of NASA astronauts and Air Force pilots. The video reveals how astronauts aboard a spacecraft considered to be the ISV Columbus, are slowly leaving behind Earth’s view to welcome a new, more dusty sight of planet Mars. Some features of the Red Planet are clearly visible during the orbital flight, including the famous South Pole of Mars.

Notice anything similar in the video that has been brought to our attention from recent photos of Mars?
Doesn't that water landscape look the same?

[Image: nasa-announces-it-has-discovered-liquid-...456013.jpg]
Image source: Link

Quote:Mission control was established at Cocoa Beach, Florida and it coordinated Project Redsun’s first three launches. All subsequent missions were relocated and administrated from Area 51. After the video was made public, people begun to question its authenticity, and as usual, NASA denied any form of implication in a manned mission to Mars, considering the footage to be a ridiculous forgery.

While people couldn’t accept the agency’s potential for such a quest, seeing as it was 1970 back then, the above footage didn’t receive too much attention. However, it all changed in April 2011 when more evidence was brought to light by an Italian journalist and UFO researcher Luca Scantamburlo. During a press conference, they presented a testimony revealing the details of project Redsun.

I introduce to you a press-release testimony I have written to discuss the presumed existence of a hush-hush military space program called “Project Redsun”, carried out in the 70s of the last century to build a stationary base on Mars, the Red Planet. My source of information – named by me ‘bravoxsierra24’ – had contacted me by email. It is possible to reproduce the pages of the press release, and the picture here presented as well.

The below documents back up this seemingly crazy but not at all impossible hypothesis of an early manned mission to Mars. If this happened indeed, we can think of so many reasons why NASA would engage in such a secret mission. What could NASA had encountered there? Was there an ancient alien base or did they met with intelligent beings who still inhabit the planet? Considering many other possibilities, the reason might exceed all our earthly expectations, and who knows, maybe one they we will find out. Are we prepared for this kind of disclosure ?

The following is a PRESS RELEASE-TESTIMONY – Dated APRIL 25, 2011
by Luca Scantamburlo
Member of the Free Lance International Press (Rome, Italy)

” I introduce to you a press release-testimony I have written to discuss the presumed existence of a hush-hush military Space program called “Project Redsun”, carried out in the ’70s of the last century to build a stationary base on Mars, the Red Planet. My source of information – named by me “bravoxsierra24″ – has contacted me by email. It is possible to reproduce the pages of the press release, and the picture here presented as well.”

[Image: 2557629.jpg?w=474]

[Image: 7004993.jpg?w=474]

[Image: 28888.jpg?w=474]

Below is a PDF titled “Eyes on the Red Planet: Human Mars Mission Planning, 1952 – 1970, by NASA, outlining their interests for manned missions to the Red Planet since 1952.

PDF Link

Source

I hope you have found this informative. It seems more and more information keeps coming out about what our Secret Space Program has been up to since the 1950's.  I can't wait to see what's next!
OK added another video to my list,,,,,, Thank You Mystic!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I wonder  why they wouldn't inform the public of such a feat. Going to Mars, being the first to visit -  wouldn't the project be declassified  by now?
(05-30-2016, 04:59 PM)Melina Hawk Wrote: I wonder  why they wouldn't inform the public of such a feat. Going to Mars, being the first to visit -  wouldn't the project be declassified  by now?

If it was anything related to secret space programs, depending on their agendas, they would keep it under a sealed lid.

There is way more we know nothing about that what we do know. Just plane prototypes are supposed to be decades and decades ahead of what we currently have.

But it's all kept under lock and key until they "officially" release it. Flying triangles come to mind.

I am convinced that there is way more about our Moon and Mars - or our whole solar system for that matter - than we are led to believe.

Trillions of dollars never go missing for nothing. Just that should raise a flag or two. Or a million millions... : )

Just my opinion though : )
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
OK so how did they get to Mars and Back From mars?
The First Orion Spacecraft.
 [Image: 220px-NASA-project-orion-artist.jpg]
Quote:Project Orion was a study of a spacecraft intended to be directly propelled by a series of explosions of atomic bombs behind the craft (nuclear pulse propulsion). Early versions of this vehicle were proposed to take off from the ground with significant associated nuclear fallout; later versions were presented for use only in space.

The Orion concept offered high thrust and high specific impulse, or propellant efficiency, at the same time. The unprecedented extreme power requirements for doing so would be met by nuclear explosions, of such power relative to the vehicle's mass as to be survived only by using external detonations without attempting to contain them in internal structures.
As a qualitative comparison, traditional chemical rockets—such as the Saturn V that took the Apollo program to the Moon—produce high thrust with low specific impulse, whereas electric ion engines produce a small amount of thrust very efficiently.
Orion would have offered performance greater than the most advanced conventional or nuclear rocket engines then under consideration. Supporters of Project Orion felt that it had potential for cheap interplanetary travel, but it lost political approval over concerns with fallout from its propulsion.

The Partial Test Ban Treaty of 1963 is generally acknowledged to have ended the project. However, from Project Longshot to Project DaedalusMini-Mag Orion, and other proposals which reach engineering analysis at the level of considering thermal power dissipation, the principle of external nuclear pulse propulsion to maximize survivable power has remained common among serious concepts for interstellar flight without external power beaming and for very high-performance interplanetary flight.
Sourse

Yes we could have gone to Mars and Returned with no Problem of Needed to Refuel Like Chemical Rockets.
[Image: 18iszs41itqqfjpg.jpg]

Quote:The first people to step on to the surface of Mars won't arrive aboard the chemical-fueled rockets that delivered Apollo 11 to the Moon—they simply don't provide enough thrust to get to the Red Planet before exposing their crews to months of dangerous space radiation. Instead, NASA is turning to long-ignored nuclear-thermal rocket technology to deliver the first Martian explorers into history.

How NASA Built a Better Rocket
Nuclear-thermal rockets are by no means a new technology. In fact, researchers began discussing the prospect of utilizing nuclear power to propel rockets and aircraft back in 1942 after Enrico Fermi's successful fission reactor tests. By 1944 teams at the University of Chicago's Metallurgical Laboratory and Los Alamos National Lab developed an early nuclear-thermal design that used a fission reactor to super-heat hydrogen gas which would then escape through a small nozzle to generate thrust. Since nuclear fuel is about 107 times more energy dense than their chemical counterparts and similarly powerful rockets would weigh only about half as much, nuclear-thermal rockets (NTRs) can carry load to fuel ratios from 1:1 to as high as 7:1 especially when used as the upper stage. This design piqued the interest of the US Air Force, which conducted highly-classified testing at Oak Ridge National Labs between 1947 and 1949.

NASA's side, Project NERVA (Nuclear Engine for Rocket Vehicle Applications), was specifically tasked with creating a space-worthy, mission-deployable, and—most importantly—real nuclear-thermal star ship engine. The more than 20 distinct rocket designs produced in this 17 year span constituted numerous design phases: the Kiwi, an aptly-named early design never intended for flight developed between 1955 and 1964; the larger, intermediate Phoebus design developed from 1964 to 1969; and the Pewee, which ran from 1970 to 1971 until they were replaced by the nuclear furnace design. The NRX (Nuclear Rocket Experimental) series saw concurrent develop with the Phoebus and Pewee platforms from 1964 to 1968.
[Image: 18iszju3rd1kjjpg.jpg]
Quote:Another offshoot of the original KIWI designs was the NERVA NRX (Nuclear Rocket, Experimental), which began testing in 1964 and evolved into the NERVA NRX/XE—a nuclear rocket tantalyzingly close to flight readiness. The SNPO tested the XE engine a total of 28 times in 1968, firing it downward into a low pressure chamber to crudely mimic the effects of space's vacuum. Every test, the engine generated over 1100MW of energy as well as 75,000 lbf (334 kN) of thrust—the baseline output the SNPO had demanded Marshall meet before authorizing a RIFT launch as well as the amount the agency needed to effectively get astronauts to Mars. 
During testing, the engine ran for over two hours in total, 28 minutes of which at full power, and typically only stopped when they burned through all 38 pounds of fuel.
Yes full power, only 38 pounds of Fuel!
Quote:This success, in combination with Los Alamos resolving three niggling materials issues, spawned a whole menagerie of potential uses for the new nuclear-powered rockets. Some wanted them to replace the J-2 boosters used of the second and fourth stages of Saturn I and IV. Others wanted them utilized as "space tugs," towing objects from LEO to the upper orbital tracts, the moon, and further.
Unfortunately, none of these ideas ever got off the drawing board because the entire project was cancelled at the end on 1972, effective spring 1973.
Was it cancelled?
Quote:How Nuclear Thermal Rockets Work
All of the Rover/NERVA rockets ran on Plutonium-238, a non-fissible isotope with a half-life of 88 years. With such a short half-life and the relative difficulty of separating the specific isotopes from the clumps of naturally-occurring plutonium, Pu-238 is typically synthesized using the same method originally employed by Berkely Lab researchers Glenn T. Seaborg and Edwin McMillan in 1940—bombard a sample of Uranium-238 with deuterons.

Plutonium-238 is a valuable commodity for deep space exploration where insufficient amounts of sunlight render solar panels useless.

NASA's radioisotope thermoelectric generators (RTG) that most of power these missions instead run on a nugget of Pu-238. While plutonium is a poor conductor of electricity, its emission of alpha particles as part of its decay process generates a terrific amount of heat to run the RTGs. The famous Voyager probes, the Cassini spacecraft, the Curiosity Rover, and the New Horizon's probe all rely on nuclear power for their continued operation.
[Image: 18iszxx6pe72zjpg.jpg]
Source

Now in 1993, You have to listen to the Video and hear what the Head of The Lockheed Skunks Works Division Says.
Quote:MUFON International Director Jan Harzan talks to me about his personal experience with fellow alumnus Ben Rich, former President and CEO of the Lockheed Skunkworks. "We now have the technology to take ET home." This a must see for anyone who doesn't think faster-than-light travel is possible, or harbors any doubt that we don't already know how to do it. Of course, for Mr. Shermer and the other paid, propaganda ministers at "Skeptic" Magazine, it IS just a story...right?

Quote:Extraterrestrial UFO Are Real : Ben Rich Lockheed Skunk Works Director Admitted In His Deathbed Confession

Ben Rich Lockheed Skunk Works director had admitted in his Deathbed Confession that Extraterrestrial UFO visitors are real and the U.S. Military travel among stars.

According to article published in May 2010 issue of the Mufon UFO Journal [Link] - Ben Rich, the “Father of the Stealth Fighter-Bomber” and former head of Lockheed Skunk Works,had once let out information about Extraterrestrial UFO Visitors Are Real And U.S. Military Travel To Stars

What he said might be new to many people today, but he revealed the information before his death in January 1995. His statements helped to give credence to reports that the U.S. military has been flying vehicles that mimic alien craft.

The article was written by Tom Keller, an aerospace engineer who has worked as a computer systems analyst for NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

1 : “Inside the Skunk Works (Lockheed’s secret research and development entity), we were a small, intensely cohesive group consisting of about fifty veteran engineers and designers and a hundred or so expert machinists and shop workers. Our forte was building technologically advanced airplanes of small number and of high class for highly secret missions.”

2 : “We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects, and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity. Anything you can imagine, we already know how to do.”

3 : “We now have the technology to take ET home. No, it won’t take someone’s lifetime to do it. There is an error in the equations. We know what it is. We now have the capability to travel to the stars. First, you have to understand that we will not get to the stars using chemical propulsion. Second, we have to devise a new propulsion technology. What we have to do is find out where Einstein went wrong.”
4 : When Rich was asked how UFO propulsion worked, he said, “Let me ask you. How does ESP work?” The questioner responded with, “All points in time and space are connected?” Rich then said, “That’s how it works!”

Ben Rich Lockheed Former Director knew of extraterrestrial UFO visitors
Source

So Yes Mystic Wanderer, I believe!
Here would be some pictures I am told of our spacecraft.
[Image: l-137.jpg] Just  going into hypespace in this photo. There is a mist that appears around the craft as the mass accelerates and the “poof” It disappears in a flash!
[Image: l-262.jpg]
ETA:  Post deleted for being out off topic.  I must have needed more coffee.   tinylaughing

I wonder if we also make the cigar-shaped ones?  That's the one that visited me, but I don't think we have the technology to do what it did, at least not at the lower levels of the space program.  I've also seen the saucer-shaped ones, but I haven't seen the triangles. 

There is always tomorrow.   :smallwink: