Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Man Dies after Police Shooting - Portishead UK
A man has died after being shot by Police on the Motorway near Portishead in the UK.

He was driving a red Suzuki Swift when he was pulled over and then shot several (10?) times by Police.
Details are sketchy but they are saying it is NOT terror related??

LINK to BBC article

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(09-27-2017, 05:14 PM)gordi Wrote: ...Details are sketchy but they are saying it is NOT terror related??

And the car is bullet-riddled?!
The British armed Police don't make a colander out of a car unless the occupant
is deemed very-very dangerous.

Unless it's Piers Morgan.
tinysurprised
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Drug dealer ??.But strange they should shoot him so many times.
Daaaaannnnnnggggg!!!  tinywhat

Wonder what the story behind this is?

Are people not allowed to carry guns over there?  Just asking because I only know the rules we live by here.

Maybe they thought they saw him about to shoot at the police? 

They blocked the view of the car with a tent?  Hmmm... something heavy is up.  tinysurprised

Let us know if more comes out about this.
(09-27-2017, 06:52 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Daaaaannnnnnggggg!!!  tinywhat

Wonder what the story behind this is?

Are people not allowed to carry guns over there?  Just asking because I only know the rules we live by here.

Maybe they thought they saw him about to shoot at the police? 

They blocked the view of the car with a tent?  Hmmm... something heavy is up.  tinysurprised

Let us know if more comes out about this.
If some one has been shot a few times its not a nice sight hence the tent covering the car
My understanding is that...
The car was followed and then pulled over by the Police.
2 officers approached the car and were then seen to "back off"...
They then drew weapons and advanced on the car again, then opened fire, shooting at least 10 times.
The occupant of the car was then taken out of the car and they tried to resuscitate him.
A Handgun can be seen, placed on the roof of the car.

My best guess is that...
The car was being followed for a reason. (Maybe was identified as being used for crime? Armed Robbery? Burglary? something of that nature.) The cops pulled it over... the occupant pulled out a handgun... the officers retreated, regrouped, drew their own weapons and advanced to disarm the individual. He didn't heed their warnings and was shot.

Seems like the most likely scenario to me.
I haven't seen much more about it yet....

G

EDIT to add:
They've added this info to the link since I last checked...

Quote:A police spokesman said: "Earlier this morning we received calls from concerned members of the public travelling on the M5 who reported they had seen a man in a car with a handgun.
"The vehicle left the motorway at junction 19 and officers stopped the car on the A369 known as the Portbury Hundred.
"Shots were subsequently fired in an incident involving police firearms and a man has died.

So, it looks like he pulled his gun (or flashed it threateningly) at another motorist, who reported it to Police, who then pulled him over and dealt with it?)
G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
Tut .... poor firecontrol .... wasted ammo ..... if they want will run the plods through a proper firearms course ..... for a nominal fee of course .....
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

(09-28-2017, 12:13 AM)Daitengu Wrote: Tut .... poor firecontrol .... wasted ammo ..... if they want will run the plods through a proper firearms course ..... for a nominal fee of course .....

The point of a fire fight is to win it, you stop the target from returning fire or reduce the targets ability to engage you to the minimum ( if he returns fire reduce that fire amount as much as you can). Ten rounds is on the low side.