Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Have You Hugged a Redneck Today?

And just for fun...Not redneck by any means but love the art.

Music in its purest form.

Jude
minusculeclap mediumcouchpotato
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Well, being as that could have been some of my neighbors when I was growing up... that's my kind of music.   minusculeclap 

Once I hit my teens, it was mostly only hard rock and metal bands that I listened to, but when I hear that type of music today, it takes me back to some real good times of days gone by.  tinybiggrin

My mother played the spoons like that too, but not quite as awesome as the lady in the first video... SHE was good!   minusculethumbsup2
(09-13-2017, 02:12 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Well, being as that could have been some of my neighbors when I was growing up... that's my kind of music.   minusculeclap 

Once I hit my teens, it was mostly only hard rock and metal bands that I listened to, but when I hear that type of music today, it takes me back to some real good times of days gone by.  tinybiggrin

My mother played the spoons like that too, but not quite as awesome as the lady in the first video... SHE was good!   minusculethumbsup2

I knew I seen you somewhere before!

(09-13-2017, 02:57 PM)Jude Wrote:
(09-13-2017, 02:12 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Well, being as that could have been some of my neighbors when I was growing up... that's my kind of music.   minusculeclap 

I knew I seen you somewhere before!

Ha!  Nope, not me!    I never did learn how to dance like the hillbillies do... never wanted to learn either.   tinylaughing
People do know that steve n seagulls are a Finnish band ( God help us).  tinybiggrin
(09-14-2017, 12:58 PM)Wallfire Wrote: People do know that steve n seagulls are a Finnish band ( God help us).  tinybiggrin

I didn't realize some of my neighbors from further up on the mountain had moved to Finland!   tinywhat 

(kidding)
When Boy In A Dress finally gets bored of his shed-existence and decides to
take his rightful place down there where it's always warm, I guess he'll find a
mean son-of-a-bitch waiting at the roadside, crushing a cigarette out in the dirt
and looking like he has something on his mind.

Together, the crazy-one and the bad-man will wander forward to see what
Hell has in store.

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(11-14-2018, 07:45 PM)BIAD Wrote: When Boy In A Dress finally gets bored of his shed-existence and decides to
take his rightful place down there where it's always warm, I guess he'll find a
mean son-of-a-bitch waiting at the roadside, crushing aa cigarette out in the dirt
and looking like he has something on his mind.

Together, the crazy-one and the bad-man will wander forward to see what
Hell has in store.

Now that's good Toe Tapping Music,,,,,,,  GiantThumbsUp
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
The Dead South seems to be a group of nice guys, here is a story about them

Quote:'Best friends, brothers': The Dead South stick together during highs and lows

Regina band released a new 12-song album called Illusion & Doubt
CBC News · Posted: Nov 18, 2016 6:00 AM CT | Last Updated: December 10, 2016

[Image: the-dead-south.jpg]
Scott Pringle (left) and Nate Hilts (right) of The Dead South. (Coreen Larson/CBC)
The Dead South are a Saskatchewan band with a bright future.
Since getting people moving in their home province, the "fun, modern hillbillies" have made waves across North America and into Europe.

But while touring in Germany recently, things came to a halt. The band cancelled their German tour abruptly.
Nate Hilts (vocals, guitar) and Scott Pringle (mandolin, vocals) told CBC Radio's Morning Editionthe cancellation was due to their bandmate, Colton Crawford's (banjo), sleeplessness. 
"The touring lifestyle, it's not as easy as one might think," Pringle said. "It's a lot of time spent on the road and being around people. It was kind of just weighing Colton down."
"He had started suffering from insomnia and he wasn't getting sleep, which kind of led to more serious anxiety I guess. Just from not sleeping over and over and over again. This had been going on for like a year. We had only kind of found out about it a few months ago but just a year of no sleeping built up, it just all came crashing down after that."

[Image: the-dead-south.jpg]
Scott Pringle (left) and Nate Hilts (right) sit down with CBC Radio's Morning Edition. Their new album Illusion & Doubt is available now. (Coreen Larson/CBC)
Hilts said it wasn't something the band or Crawford himself were aware of beforehand.
"The exhaustion continued and continued and it kind of kept eating away at him and then in the end it just built up and built up more than any of us had foreseen," Hilts said. "It all just kind of happened at one moment and then it was like OK ... Scott woke me up a like three in the morning, four in the morning, he's like 'We're going home.' "
Both Hilts and Pringle said they were happy Crawford opened up to them. 
"He figured he would just sort of adapt," Pringle said. "He would just keep trying. He would just keep pushing through and he would adapt and learn to cope and be able to continue to live this sort of life. But eventually it caught up to him and he realized like, 'OK. I can't pretend anymore. I can't keep faking it. I have to change.' "
Luckily, Crawford is doing well and will be returning to the band when they perform two concerts in Regina on Dec. 15 and 16 at the Exchange.
"The amount of support and love that he's been shown and we've been shown so far has just been, it's been overwhelming," Pringle said.
Calling themselves "Best friends, brothers, family," Hilts said they've learned from this experience and hope others will as well.
"You gotta take care of everyone," he said. "You're a team out there. You gotta make sure that everyone is feeling up to par.
"
source