Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Troy Gentry and Don Williams, Both Gone in One Tragic Day
I remember Don Williams from when I was growing up. He had a very smooth voice, and became an icon in the country music industry. He died at the age of 78 on September 8 from a short illness.
He will be deeply missed.  tinycrying

[Image: 35553607001_5569702993001_5569702299001-vs.jpg]

And on the same day, Troy Gentry, from the duo of Montgomery Gentry, was killed in a helicopter crash while traveling to do a show in New Jersey.
I always loved their music too.  What a tragedy to lose his life at the height of his career, and at the young age of 50. tinycrying
He will also be deeply missed.

[Image: 636404856661219867-090614.jpg]

Quote:It's been a tragic day in country music. 

Troy Gentry, 50, of country band Montgomery Gentry was killed in a helicopter crash before a show in New Jersey. 
More: Troy Gentry of Montgomery Gentry killed in helicopter crash

To make the story even more painful, band-mate Eddie Mongtomery was at the airport, waiting for Gentry to arrive, when the crash occurred, according to police.

Not long before, news broke that Country Music Hall of Famer Don Williams died Friday after a short illness at 78 years old.

More: Country Music Hall of Famer Don Williams dead at 78

With his imposing stature, smooth vocals and soft-spoken nature, Williams was the "Gentle Giant" of country music.

Quote:The world changed today. Country music lost both a Friend and a Hero. Troy Gentry and Don Williams, you both will be dearly missed..
— Lee Brice (@leebrice) September 8, 2017

Singer Lee Brice mourned the loss on Twitter saying: "Country music lost both a friend and a hero. Troy Gentry and Don Williams, you both will be missed."

Both singers were from different eras. 

Williams was a staple of country radio in the 1970s and '80s, releasing 16 No. 1 songs between 1974 and 1985.

Over the course of his solo career, he recorded numerous songs now regarded as classics, including "Good Ole Boys Like Me," "Tulsa Time," "I Believe in You," "Lord, I Hope This Day is Good" and "It Must Be Love."

The Montgomery Gentry duo hails from Kentucky, and plays a style of rowdy country and Southern rock.
Source

May you both rest in peace. tinycrying 

[Image: candle-memory.gif]
Don Williams was my dad's favourite singer.
We played his song "You're My Best Friend" at my Mum's funeral service too.

Very sad.

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]