Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[UK] Air freshener causes car to explode in B&Q car park in Southend.
Quote:Air freshener causes car to explode in B&Q car park in Southend.

'An air freshener has caused a car to explode in a B&Q car park injuring one person.
The roof and doors were blown off the Ford Focus in Fossetts Drive, Southend, earlier
as the Southend Echo reported.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2425]

Staff at the DIY store in Essex helped the casualty, who was taken to hospital with minor
injuries.

"The explosion happened after a build-up of gases from an air freshener was accidentally
ignited by a cigarette," Essex Fire and Rescue Service said.
A man who was nearby, said he heard a "very loud bang" as the "doors, windscreen and
roof... were blown out".

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2426]

"B&Q staff rushing to help," he wrote on Twitter.

The explosion happened at about 12:15 BST and all three emergency services attended.
"One patient... is believed to have minor injuries," an East of England Ambulance Service
spokeswoman said. The ambulance service was unable to confirm whether the injured
person was male or female.

The car "suffered significant damage", the fire service said, however, the "cause of the
explosion has been confirmed as accidental"...'

SOURCE:

Yes, I would say the vehicle suffered 'significant damage'!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Now, that's scary!  Makes me think my car will just have to stink from now on.   tinysurprised 

I'm amazed from the looks of that car that he wasn't killed!
(09-06-2017, 09:02 PM)BIAD Wrote:

'An air freshener has caused a car to explode in a B&Q car park injuring one person.
The roof and doors were blown off the Ford Focus in Fossetts Drive, Southend, earlier
as the Southend Echo reported.....

WTAF???? Eh? How the..? Whaat? I mean.... What kind of "Air Freshener" gives off enough flammable "gas" to cause an explosion that blows the roof and doors of a modern car?????
Surely it would be choking the occupants of the car before getting to that level??? no???

tinyhuh
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(09-07-2017, 06:41 PM)gordi Wrote: WTAF???? Eh? How the..? Whaat? I mean.... What kind of "Air Freshener" gives off enough flammable "gas"
to cause an explosion that blows the roof and doors of a modern car?????
Surely it would be choking the occupants of the car before getting to that level??? no???

tinyhuh

Maybe some time in the future, the real cause will be revealed.

Its just like the supposed fridge-freezer that caught alight in the
Grenfell Tower, Hotpoint never recalled the appliance and as it
stands, nothing has been offered to say how the fire started in
the back of he fridge.

I think some things are just left unsaid for social control.
(09-07-2017, 06:41 PM)gordi Wrote:
(09-06-2017, 09:02 PM)BIAD Wrote:

as the Southend Echo reported.....

WTAF???? Eh? How the..? Whaat? I mean.... What kind of "Air Freshener" gives off enough flammable "gas" to cause an explosion that blows the roof and doors of a modern car?????

tinyhuh

Maybe,,,,,, Just Maybe there was a Mixture????????
[Image: 1171tl.gif]
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(09-07-2017, 09:47 PM)guohua Wrote: Maybe,,,,,, Just Maybe there was a Mixture????????

What bothers me the most is that the cat next to the 'fartee' doesn't seem alarmed
by the action of it's owner!

Maybe it's a regular way of spending his evening?!