Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are We Alone?
Quote:Astronomers detect 15 signals from mysterious object in distant galaxy

'It's kind of perplexing,' says Canadian astronomer who first discovered source to be repeating
Very interesting, Radio Burst From A Galaxy, Far, Far Away.
Quote:While looking for signs of intelligent life in the universe, astronomers have detected 15 fast radio bursts from a distant galaxy.

These poorly understood phenomena are short pulses of radio emission, just milliseconds long, believed to be coming from rapidly spinning neutron stars or black holes in distant galaxies.
A less popular theory is that they're signs of extremely powerful spacecraft from alien civilizations.

This particular fast radio burst (FRB), called FRB 121102, is of particular interest as it is the only known one to be repeating, something that astronomers can't yet explain.
Can't Understand, Can't Explain?

Quote:Earlier this month, astronomers using the Green Bank Telescope in West Virginia (a collection of radio telescopes) not only found 15 more bursts, but found them at a higher radio frequency than was ever observed before, the astronomers said in their findings published in The Astronomer's Telegram

"It's not surprising that we've found 15 more from this source; we've been detecting many of them over the past few years,"
Paul Scholz, an astronomer who studies FRBs with the Dominion Radio Astrophysical Observatory in Penticton, B.C., told CBC News. 
"The one thing that's unique about these [new ones] is that they are at a higher frequency than we've ever seen before."
A Few Years!!!! WTF, Did they tell Us?
Shit, we could be having visitors,,,, coming for Dinner!!

Quote:Scholz, who was not involved with the new discovery, was with McGill University when he and a team of astronomers discovered FRB 121102 to be a repeater. In 2016, a McGill team was able to locate the source of the strange FRB.

At the time the signals left its host galaxy, Earth would have been two billion years old, less than half its current age.

The only living things on the planet would have been single-celled organisms.
Source

So,,, two Billions Years to travel to Earth,,,,, You think so or is that what they Want us To believe?????
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
And There is More!!
Quote:A $100 million search for intelligent aliens has spied 15 bizarre, repeating flashes of light coming from a distant galaxy.

The galaxy — a dwarf known as FRB 121102 that lies 3 billion light-years from Earth — is a known source of such brief, high-energy fast radio bursts(FRBs). But the newly detected pulses stand out, astronomers said.

"Bursts from this source have never been seen at this high a frequency," Andrew Siemion, director of the Berkeley SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) Research Center at the University of California, Berkeley, said in a statement. [Are Mysterious Fast Radio Bursts Propelling Alien Spacecraft? (Video)]

Siemion is a team member with Breakthrough Listen, a $100 million project that's searching for potential signals from alien civilizations from the 1 million stars closest to the sun, the 100 galaxies nearest our own Milky Way, and the galactic plane.

Some researchers think FRBs — which were discovered in 2007 and remain mysterious today — could be such alien signals.

For example, astronomers have speculated that FRBs may be generated by powerful lasersdesigned to blast alien craft through space at high speeds — a propulsion method akin to that being developed by Breakthrough Listen's ambitious sister project, Breakthrough Starshot.
(Aliens aren't the only possible explanation, of course; some scientists think FRBs are likely emitted by fast-rotating neutron stars, for instance.)
The rest of this article is here: Source
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
A few years before they come, huh...?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2399]
Now where the hell is he gonna put that?!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
One of the better videos from Richard
Quote:At the time the signals left its host galaxy, Earth would have been two billion years old, less than half its current age.

Yeah, well, apparently our space brothers were already at the stage of using radio signals while Earth only contained microorganisms, according to today's scientists. I'd say by now our space brothers have learned to use the worm holes and portals to get from point A to point B.  So have we, according to MANY whistle-blowers, but the general population and low-level military just don't know about it yet.

Maybe someone in the SSP should hop on over there and see who's knocking on our door?   :smallwink:
All I can say about this is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWVshkVF...X9L2o05kTq
(09-11-2017, 03:19 PM)Wallfire Wrote: All I can say about this is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWVshkVF...X9L2o05kTq

Here you go...                                                    

minusculeclap tinybiggrin   minusculecheers
(09-11-2017, 02:22 PM)727Sky Wrote: One of the better videos from Richard

That was one of the better speeches I've seen him do.  But of course, I like all his work.   
I just now finished watching. Now on to the next one you posted. I think I've already watched it, but, I'll have to see.

Thanks @"727Sky"     minusculeclap
As cheesy as it is to say, I still love the "A long time ago in a Galaxy far, far away" because I think that hold more truth than even the movies can let on to. 

From single cell to humans (according to "science", take it however you'd like) was 3.5 billion years. So if the universe is actually 14 billion years old, we're in Overtime as far as that goes. 

I like to think we were seeded personally. So if 1 civilization in a galaxy far, far away had it figured out 10 billion years ago HOLY CRAP. 

Not even the movies can peak my interest enough in terms of that story line.  tinycool

DFC