Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tourists film aircraft coming in for landing amid three tornados above black sea
Nothing like a nice relaxing flight to start ones holiday ....... tourists filmed an aircraft coming in for landing amid three tornados over the black sea ......  the flight landed safely an there were no injuries .....  
flight lands amid tornados
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

(08-31-2017, 12:23 PM)Daitengu Wrote: Nothing like a nice relaxing flight to start ones holiday ....... tourists filmed an aircraft coming in for landing amid three tornados over the black sea ......  the flight landed safely an there were no injuries .....  
flight lands amid tornados

Jeez! It'll be interesting to hear 727Sky's view on this.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Whoa! tinywhat One more reason I don't fly.  Never know who's driving that thing. tinybighuh
(08-31-2017, 02:58 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Whoa! tinywhat One more reason I don't fly.  Never know who's driving that thing. tinybighuh

Is why they serve drinks on flights .....

That was some bad weather no doubt... The good news is the aircraft was VMC (they could fly visual)..

A tornado on radar looks like a hook echo that resembles a 6 or a 9 on the scope.

Tornados are a fairly localized event..... I have actually flown a helicopter within a few miles of a tornado on the ground in Oklahoma back in the early 80s. The ride was smooth because I was out of the clouds and not stupid enough to get a closer look. Many times you can also get hail which will beat the hell out of just about anything.. which is not nice..

From the video it looked like the aircraft was on approach for landing and I have to assume the weather report at the airport would suffice for a successful landing.. 

Just another day in the life of an airline pilot... On schedule on time.. Ta Da ! hahaha
(09-01-2017, 01:18 PM)727Sky Wrote: ...Just another day in the life of an airline pilot... On schedule on time.. Ta Da ! hahaha

minusculethumbsup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Dunno why everyone scared of flying .... always get my best sleep on aircraft ....  aside from a few flights been on that got shot down ..... thanks to good pilots most of us walked away ..... otherwise no mishaps during flights .....