Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Russia claims new mig-41 will be able to operate in space
think vlad better put out memo to aircraft engineers no vodka till after lunch ......  as otherwise they start making some wild claims .....  according to them the new mig-41 is capable of operating in space .....  

russian aircraft designers had too much vodka make wild claims .....
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

I don't see it operating in Actual Space, their engine would not work unless it's a Rocket Engine,,, Correct?
The devices that turn the aircraft and keeps it flying straight won't work, they'd need Thruster's or something.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(08-30-2017, 08:21 PM)guohua Wrote: I don't see it operating in Actual Space, their engine would not work unless it's a Rocket Engine,,, Correct?
The devices that turn the aircraft and keeps it flying straight won't work, they'd need Thruster's or something.

Yep ..... jet engines not work to well in space ...... then theres the minor bit about the aircraft heating up on reentry into atmosphere ......
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

The SR-71 operated (still secret) above 85,000 feet which is darn close to space IMO. Anyway they need to define space.IE the space above all existing aircraft service ceilings (how high present aircraft can fly) ?.. As it stands now it will be a Mach 4 aircraft and maybe capable of Mach 6  which is faster than the SR-71 did.. and as a note faster than fielded antiaircraft missiles. Get shot at, just add a little throttle ... I like that !

To be honest, talk is cheap; I want to see the beef err beast before I believe wonderful speculations and wants..
minusculebeercheers
(08-31-2017, 09:07 AM)727Sky Wrote: The SR-71 operated (still secret) above 85,000 feet which is darn close to space IMO. Anyway they need to define space.IE the space above all existing aircraft service ceilings (how high present aircraft can fly) ?.. As it stands now it will be a Mach 4 aircraft and maybe capable of Mach 6  which is faster than the SR-71 did.. and as a note faster than fielded antiaircraft missiles. Get shot at, just add a little throttle ... I like that !

To be honest, talk is cheap; I want to see the beef err beast before I believe wonderful speculations and wants..
minusculebeercheers
@"727Sky"  Thank You for the Video.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]