Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
In My Dreams
A friend bought one of those helicopter tours on DVD, and we watched it one night having dinner together. I was stunned... I got so homesick watching that DVD that I got physically ill. I cried most of the way through... it really makes you consider the possibility of reincarnation, because I've NEVER had such a reaction to a place like that before. That night after I got home the first line of this poem came to me and woke me up (a LOT of my stuff I write wakes me up).

In My Dreams

My heart longs to return somewhere I've never been before...
Embracing my distractions only makes me want it more
In restless dreams I go there, swiftly sailing on
Waves of emotion that propel me right along

There she is - rising directly in front of me
Gigantic cliffs appear to be emerging from the sea
I find a place to rest here in her shadows tall
I close my eyes and breathe in deep the wonder of it all

I climb her stony peaks until a meadow comes in sight
And look upon her grass so green, blue skies and clouds of white
Her colors overwhelm me - the blue and green and gray
Of sapphire skies and emerald green of fields along the way

Ancient stones are scattered 'round this field so very green
Once sturdy structures now laid low - I wonder what they've seen
Standing still I close my eyes and listen very long
To hear the lasting echoes of a long-forgotten song

These battered stones surround me as I venture deep inside
Was this a castle or cathedral? I cannot decide
My journey ends as I begin to waken from these dreams
I must return to this cold life I'm living now, it seems

But I pledge a solemn vow to come back here again
And I will try to make it last a little longer then
My heart longs to return somewhere I've never been before
To gaze upon her beauty - the green of Ireland's shore
@"Spirit Scribe" 
Reincarnation is Very Real,,,, Just ask one of My Ancestors.
Three I know of have not returned because,,,, they say it's just not time yet or they like watching out for me and my family and helping me with some of my patients.
Burt then again, I'm a Buddhist and believe in the Afterlife and Karma and Being Chinese, I have a very strong belief in Ancestral Worship.

So, It's JMHO.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I'll just leave this here....

This is what happens when @BIAD opens the portal under his garden shed and pops up to VeeDub McSheddy - Highland Rogue Branch Office - for a meeting.
He brought his favourite pigeon last time (don't ask!) and the video clips below are the result of said pigeon "borrowing" my phone for a few minutes...

...you know..... just in case....

BigG
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
That's awesome @"Spirit Scribe".   smallawesome 

As you know, I'm a firm believer in reincarnation. Can't say I've been affected that deeply by seeing places, but I have met people that I just know I knew before in a past life; recognized their essence as soon as we met. :smallwink:

And, @"gordi", those videos are just beautiful!   minusculethumbsup
(08-30-2017, 02:52 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: That's awesome @"Spirit Scribe".   smallawesome 

As you know, I'm a firm believer in reincarnation. Can't say I've been affected that deeply by seeing places, but I have met people that I just know I knew before in a past life; recognized their essence as soon as we met. :smallwink:

And, @"gordi", those videos are just beautiful!   minusculethumbsup

Thanks Mystic,
Very talented pigeon that!
minusculebeercheers
That pigeon was never the same after that phone episode.
Some of the internet links on your device left it shuddering with fright.
tinyhuh

@Scribe:

Awesome poem.
minusculethumbsup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(08-30-2017, 07:47 PM)BIAD Wrote: That pigeon was never the same after that phone episode.
Some of the internet links on your device left it shuddering with fright.
tinyhuh

@Scribe:

Awesome poem.
minusculethumbsup

Fran & Anna and Sidney Devine will do that to a poor bird... a poor anything really.
tinysurprised
(08-30-2017, 07:54 PM)gordi Wrote: Fran & Anna and Sidney Devine will do that to a poor bird... a poor anything really.
tinysurprised

Another couple of birds!!
*Raising eyebrows in the manner that dirty old men do!!!*

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2387]

Sorry for derailing the thread, Spirit.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-30-2017, 07:59 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(08-30-2017, 07:54 PM)gordi Wrote: Fran & Anna and Sidney Devine will do that to a poor bird... a poor anything really.
tinysurprised

Another couple of birds!!
*Raising eyebrows in the manner that dirty old men do!!!*

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2387]

Sorry for derailing the thread, Spirit.

I want that back by the way...   tinylaughing
(08-30-2017, 08:00 PM)gordi Wrote: I want that back by the way...   tinylaughing
Will it still fit you?
tinybiggrin
(08-30-2017, 08:12 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(08-30-2017, 08:00 PM)gordi Wrote: I want that back by the way...   tinylaughing
Will it still fit you?
tinybiggrin

If I velcro the two of them together.... it might!
tinywhat
Thanks guys, for the kind words! 

And BIAD, I don't consider it derailing at all. I have no idea who Fran and Anna are, and I'm just pondering if I really want to know...

tinyhuh
(08-30-2017, 04:27 AM)guohua Wrote: @"Spirit Scribe" 
Three I know of have not returned because,,,, they say it's just not time yet or they like watching out for me and my family and helping me with some of my patients.
Burt then again, I'm a Buddhist and believe in the Afterlife and Karma and Being Chinese, I have a very strong belief in Ancestral Worship.

So, It's JMHO.

I've been back and forth about it, but after I found a conversation in the Bible about it (in an offhand way) I can't rule it out completely. I think it's one of those topics that may have been almost completely removed by changes over the centuries, and there's a lot more to it. The name of Elias mentioned below appears to be interchangeable with Elijah, the older form of the word. He was one of the major prophets who lived around the 9th century B.C according to my research, which would be around 900 years before Jesus. Elias/Elijah was "taken up" to heaven, he didn't die and get buried according to the Bible. Even then, how could people be confusing him with Jesus? I believe this is a very subtle way of saying the concept of reincarnation was alive and well at the time Jesus lived.

Jeremiah was also in the Old Testament, years before Jesus was born. John the Baptist was of course alive for at least part of Jesus' life, because he was the one who baptized him with water. 

[Matthew 16:13-20King James Version (KJV)
13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.]

Also, I should say that my brother taught me to shoot a .22 pistol when I was four, and at five I could out shoot him (he was 17 at that time). How could a five year old have that kind of hand/eye coordination? Also about that time I distinctly remember having other mothers and being in other places, one memory I'm particularly attached to is of being a black man in the army. I was aware of a mental picture I had of myself, sitting in front of two flags, looking off to my left a bit. I'm wearing green camouflage and wearing a camouflage helmet. Maybe that's where my marksmanship came from!
(08-31-2017, 05:04 AM)Spirit Scribe Wrote:

So, It's JMHO.

I've been back and forth about it, but after I found a conversation in the Bible about it (in an offhand way) I can't rule it out completely. I think it's one of those topics that may have been almost completely removed by changes over the centuries, and there's a lot more to it. The name of Elias mentioned below appears to be interchangeable with Elijah, the older form of the word. He was one of the major prophets who lived around the 9th century B.C according to my research, which would be around 900 years before Jesus. Elias/Elijah was "taken up" to heaven, he didn't die and get buried according to the Bible. Even then, how could people be confusing him with Jesus? I believe this is a very subtle way of saying the concept of reincarnation was alive and well at the time Jesus lived.

Jeremiah was also in the Old Testament, years before Jesus was born. John the Baptist was of course alive for at least part of Jesus' life, because he was the one who baptized him with water. 

13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.]

Also, I should say that my brother taught me to shoot a .22 pistol when I was four, and at five I could out shoot him (he was 17 at that time). How could a five year old have that kind of hand/eye coordination? Also about that time I distinctly remember having other mothers and being in other places, one memory I'm particularly attached to is of being a black man in the army. I was aware of a mental picture I had of myself, sitting in front of two flags, looking off to my left a bit. I'm wearing green camouflage and wearing a camouflage helmet. Maybe that's where my marksmanship came from!
My husband just said the Marines started using Camouflage helmets covers in late WWII and it wasn't until the late 50's the US Army adopted the use.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(08-31-2017, 04:30 AM)Spirit Scribe Wrote: Thanks guys, for the kind words! 

And BIAD, I don't consider it derailing at all. I have no idea who Fran and Anna are, and I'm just pondering if I really want to know...

tinyhuh

Here ye go...

Yeah, uhm..... erm...... yup!
(08-31-2017, 01:41 PM)guohua Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 05:04 AM)Spirit Scribe Wrote:

So, It's JMHO.

My husband just said the Marines started using Camouflage helmets covers in late WWII and it wasn't until the late 50's the US Army adopted the use.

Well... I wasn't born until 1964... hmmm
(08-31-2017, 04:00 PM)gordi Wrote:

tinyhuh

Here ye go...

Yeah, uhm..... erm...... yup!

OOOOOOOOO-KKKKKKKKK then, moving right along... 

I don't think that song will e'er leave my mind now...
(08-30-2017, 09:15 AM)gordi Wrote: I'll just leave this here....

This is what happens when @BIAD opens the portal under his garden shed and pops up to VeeDub McSheddy - Highland Rogue Branch Office - for a meeting.
He brought his favourite pigeon last time (don't ask!) and the video clips below are the result of said pigeon "borrowing" my phone for a few minutes...

...you know..... just in case....

BigG

Wow. Many thanks to the pigeon. The Wild Scotland video was great, but it didn't move me. The Highlands video got to me, especially over the castle. As many castles as I've seen in videos, I've NEVER seen an angle like that. So many of the shots look like our Great Smoky Mountains nearby. I kind of caught my breath several times watching that one!
(09-02-2017, 03:00 AM)Spirit Scribe Wrote: He brought his favourite pigeon last time (don't ask!) and the video clips below are the result of said pigeon "borro

Wow. Many thanks to the pigeon. The Wild Scotland video was great, but it didn't move me. The Highlands video got to me, especially over the castle. As many castles as I've seen in videos, I've NEVER seen an angle like that. So many of the shots look like our Great Smoky Mountains nearby. I kind of caught my breath several times watching that one!

There was great deal of... "intermingling" between the Irish and Scots way back when.
Lots of shared culture & heritage.

Hey I was born in '64 too!

minusculebeercheers
G

tinyhuh

With all respect to those of any religious persuasion, there's a little-known edict that was written down when Jesus The Christ
and Joesph of Arimathea are alleged to have come to England and visited Glastonbury.
Theologians have doubted the incident ever occurred, but if I may, I'll add it here.

Quote:[From Abbot Chinnock's account. 1400]
'...Arriving on the shore at Portis Dubris, many of the fishermen fled when they gazed upon the
radiance of the man accompanying Joseph. I cannot state this, but a less-religious soul would
wager they'd scarpered to the nearest public house.
Such are these Angel Isles.

Being a wealthy merchant, I dispatched two of my monks to assist in Joseph and his company's
berth, showing gratitude in this manner is always a grand incentive when receiving guests who
have a few quid.

During the unloading, the monks too -became aware that the young man in the white linen held
a mystical sway and from the tender manner he watched the pair, one could easily see his devout
piousness.

"We art grateful for the welcome..." the stranger said "... It is known that they call me Jesus and he
who walks before me is Joseph of Arimathea" and my two monks fell to the earth in awe of such
a commanding voice.

"Rise up brothers and be not afraid, we seek an audience with your superior and the path to the
Glastonbury Abbey. Rise up" Jesus continued and as he assisted in helping the terrified Brother
Gregory to his sandaled feet, Jesus whispered "Tell me, is that Boy In A Dress -character still out
-and-about in these parts?"

Joseph of Arimathea and his charge followed my two monks towards the carriage that waited.
Basically, it was a cleaned-out cart with two idiots from a neaby village in place of horses...
taxes do that sometimes.

Gregory, blubbering and fondling the hem of his robe, looked away towards where a group of
men and women had gathered and uttered to the Christ "They say he's in yon hamlet and he's
annyoing folk again"

Jesus halted his friend's walk to the donated transport and spoke softly unto Joseph.
I have only Brother Gregory's words and I know he is an honourable man.

"Listen Joe... if BIAD's here, then he's gonna scupper our vacation. It's bad enough having to
deal with this infernal weather, but having the crazy Man-Girl hanging around will really put the
kybosh on our visit"

I assured Brother Gregory that this is how Angels speak.

Delaying the pilgrimage to the holy basilica, Jesus and his Elder decamped from the shore and
strode to the small village close by. Those with bad teeth and who undertook annual washings

parted as the exalted pair approached.

"God bless yer' Robin of the Hood" a man called from the throng and resisting the urge to scowl,
Jesus smiled at the formulaic prose he'd been presented in. "Go in peace, my child and give it a
rest, huh?" Joseph answered for his friend.

There within the village square, stood the wooden stocks that held he that is known as Boy In A
Dress and upon their meet, Jesus sighed and stepped closer.
"What is it with you and trouble...?" he uttered softly "...It's like everytime I hear of you, commotion
is never too-far from your high-heeled path"

BIAD twisted his raven-haired head upward and shaking a rotten cabbage leaf from his frontage,
replied "Heh Jez... how's it going?" with an upbeat resonance.

Walking around the apparatus, the Lamb of God made a sound of exasperation.
"You have not donned the pantaloons I sent you for Christmas, I see?" Jesus rasped and for an
unknown reason, reminded himself to invent the letterbox before he left this challenged land.

Turning to the rotund Innkeeper of The Slaughtered Lamb, Joseph of Arimathea raised his fabled
staff and pointed at the fat man in the soiled apron. "You of the barrel, release this... him at once!"
Joseph barked and his stare was mightyeth.

The short-garbed creature had haunted this realm for many a year and now, the townsfolk looked
on as they believed Boy In A Dress would be finally and fatally held accountable.

Stretching his spine and revealing quite a bit of his ungodly bosom, BIAD nodded this gratitude
towards the man who would later create the whitethorn in the grounds of the Abbey.
"Cheers Joe" was BIAD's address.

Jesus and this venerated companion then left to fulfill their quest in assisting the tourist trade of
Somerset and the only indication of a farewell to the bare-buttocked one was a warning from
the redeemer himself.

"Go in peace Boy In A Dress..." Jesus said with a smile that could lay waste his enemies.
"...And put some pants on"

The villagers applauded and sang psalms as the couple made their way towards where
the carriage tarried and alighting the vehicle, the familiar cry of 'God bless yer' Robin O' The
Hood' came to Jesus' ears once more.

Looking balefully at the Arimathean, Jesus whispered: "Vegas is lookin' better"
Amen.

Again, I do not wish to trample on anyone's beliefs, but BIAD has just told me it did happen.
tinysurprised