Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[UK] Man with weapon arrested outside Buckingham Palace.
Quote:Terror probe as man with weapon arrested outside Buckingham Palace.

'Counter-terror police are investigating after two police officers were injured while arresting
a man with a knife outside Buckingham Palace. Officers saw a "large bladed weapon" in the
man's car when it stopped near the palace on Friday evening.
As they arrested him, both men suffered minor arm injuries, police said.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2355]

The 26-year-old man was also treated for minor injuries. He was arrested on suspicion of
grievous bodily harm and assault, and under the Terrorism Act.
No members of the Royal Family were in Buckingham Palace at the time.

The incident happened outside the Mall roundabout near Spur Road - which runs along the corner
of the Palace grounds - at about 20:35 BST, police said.
The man had stopped his car in a "restricted area" and police saw the weapon.

Det Supt Guy Collings said the "quick and brave" actions of the officers meant the man was
detained very quickly, and that no members of the public had any contact with him.

The two officers and the suspect had all since been discharged from hospital and the suspect
was taken to a central London police station for questioning, police said.
Enquiries into the full circumstances are ongoing, they added, and there was still a police cordon
at the scene.

Eye-witness Kiana Williamson said: "We turned up and there was one police van and one car;
there was also a civilian's car that had veered towards the police car.

"They were trying to get the man out of the car, shouting; more police were arriving on to the
scene and the man was fighting back.
"I saw one injured policeman with an injury to his arm, although it didn't look severe.
"He was being tended to by another officer.
"The man had been restrained and looked almost unconscious by the side of the road."

Another passer-by, who did not want to be named, said her partner initially thought he had seen a sword.
She told the Press Association: "The police didn't just run up to the car. There was some shouting prior
to this; I couldn't tell you what, I was a bit panicked...
"My partner saw a sword, which I didn't see, as well as a policeman with blood on him, looking like his
hand or chest was injured. "The police officer had it in his hand, walking away with it."..'

SOURCE:

The Press Association was at Buckingham Palace where none of the Royal family were...?!!
I expect better from MSM, at least imply a reason the P.A. were there!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
I'm very Happy your Police weren't badly injured or killed.
That was very brave of them to wrestle him out, instead of Tasering him and dragging the idiot out through his window.

Now I notice that with all the terrorist activity in the UK,,,,, N. Korea has advertise for tourist, saying their streets are safer than London's. 
But I would assume they are, since no one is out except to sweep the streets.
Plus I heard no on goes out after dark, they have no electricity for street lights and no bars or hookers.

Quote:North Korea says 'we're safer than LONDON’ in bid to tempt tourists to Kim Jong-un's state
Yes, you can be a Tourist and have the bus and hotel to yourself,,,, just you and your tour-guide (your keeper) and the Soldier (your jailer).
Quote:Pyongyang is using its beer festivals and mountain walks to try and encourage holidaymakers to venture on a £1,500 15-day holiday.

The tour includes visiting a farm, a mineral water factory, a Buddhist temple, museums, mountains walks and a taste of national cuisine.
However, the tour company does not recommend holidaymakers embark on long talks with the locals or take pictures of military facilities. 
[Image: Korea-845638.jpg] How Exciting Does That look,,, I bet you can Hardly Wait for your Passport and N. Korean Tourist Visa!!!

Quote:Guests to North Korea must be "checked" before their trip and will always be accompanied by a guide who will monitor the "adequate behaviour of the tourist and guarantee his safety".

North Korean’s embassy adviser in Russia, Kim Sung Hoon, said: “The People’s Democratic Republic of Korea is one of the safest countries in the world.

“We guarantee the comprehensive safety of tourists who follow the law and order of the country.”
Source
[Image: Northkorea-1044347.jpg]

Yes, follow their Laws or End Up In Doing 50 Years Hard Labor in One of Their Many Prison camps.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
UPDATE:

Quote:'Second man arrested over alleged terror incident near Buckingham Palace. The 30-year-old was held in west London...'
SOURCE:
UPDATE:

Quote:Uber's palace raider terror suspect who planned sword attack at Buckingham Palace
is an Uber driver who ended up there after putting Windsor Castle in his satnav but
ending up at pub of same name.
(One helluva title from The Sun newspaper!)

Quote:'A terror suspect accused of trying to raid Buckingham Palace with a Samurai sword is an
Uber driver who had originally headed for Windsor Castle but changed direction after
he ended up at a pub of the same name, it emerged yesterday.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2392]

Mohiussunnath Chowd­hury, 26, allegedly drove a vehicle towards a police van on
Constitution Hill in London’s Westminster shortly after 8pm last Friday night...'

Constitution Hill is a road that leads towards the front of Buckingham Palace.

Quote:'...It has emerged that the suspect first left his home to go to Windsor Castle in the afternoon.
But he ended up outside a pub called The Windsor Castle in the Berkshire town,  instead
of the royal residence after entering the incorrect destination on his satnav...'

Windsor Castle is almost 30 miles west of Buckingham Palace, so this guy's sense of terror-creating
organisational skills certainly need honing!! Relying on a UK satellite-navigation instrument isn't the
best way of conducting a jihad when many public houses are traditionally named after Royalty.
To make matters worse, one could wager that the Uber taxi-driver doesn't even imbibe!!

Lord knows what will happen if an ideology goes up against the dog and the duck.
(Notice it's the company 'Uber' again?)

Quote:'...He reportedly drove past the Victoria barracks in Windsor minutes later before heading
to the capital. When he was just a few feet away from Buckingham Palace, he is said to
have reached for the 4ft sword in the footwell of his car while shouting “Allahu Akbar”.

Police wrestled him to the ground and sprayed him with CS gas.
Three officers suffered minor injuries during the arrest...'

Is this from 'The Mummy Returns' or something...?! I mean was this fellow attempting
to recreate a 'cavalry-style' attack by using his open-windowed vehicle instead of horseback?!!

Quote:Chowdhury, who lives in Luton, Beds [Bedfordshire], was said to have written a note
­saying: “The Queen and her soldiers will all be in hellfire.”

Luton is over thirty miles from the Palace, so it might have been unfortunate if Chowdhury's
taxi company had radioed in that customers wanted a pick-up. I suppose this particular
franchise allows it's employees to wander the capital and it's landmarks.

Quote:The message, addressed to his sister, is believed to have been discovered inside his blue
Toyota Prius motor. The suspect allegedly drove to central London at 6.30pm passing the
barracks — home to the Coldstream Guards.

Chowdhury yesterday appeared at Westminster magistrates’ court facing one count of
preparation of terrorist acts. Wearing a grey prison tracksuit, he spoke only to confirm his
name, age and address.

Prosecutor Mark Carol told the court: “On Friday the 25th of August at around 8:30pm in the
evening when uniformed officers were travelling in a marked vehicle at the Queen Victoria
Memorial, Constitution Hill, a blue Toyota Prius motor vehicle drove towards them,
stopping two feet away.

“Officers approached the vehicle and the male driver reached for a large sword from
inside and shouted ‘Allahu Akbar’ several times.
“The officer struggled with the individual and sprayed him with CS spray.”

Chowdhury was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey...'
SOURCE:

'Old Bailey' = The Central Criminal Court of England and Wales.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)