Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MSESPN Pulls Asian Announcer
Yup, that's right, An Asian Guy, You want to know Why?
Quote:MSESPN Pulls Asian Announcer Named Robert Lee Off UVa Game To Avoid Offending Idiots
That is right,,,, his name is Robert Lee,,,,,
[Image: C2k4Hi7XAAI2vQx.jpg] That is him, the Asian looking Fellow.

OOOWWWWW Don't you just Fill Triggered???  minusculespooked
[Image: robert-e-lee-300x172.jpg] This is a picture of the Real Robert E. Lee,,,, don't you see the Family Resemblance? I bet they even sound a lot alike!!
Quote:UPDATE: ESPN ISSUES OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON MOVING ROBERT LEE FROM VIRGINIA GAME:

“We collectively made the decision with Robert to switch games as the tragic events in Charlottesville were unfolding, simply because of the coincidence of his name. In that moment it felt right to all parties. It’s a shame that this is even a topic of conversation and we regret that who calls play by play for a football game has become an issue.”

Additionally, I had a conversation with a senior employee at ESPN who wanted to make it clear that this was not a mandate or a demand from the company, that it was a people first decision and that assignments are switched all the time.

In a story that seems made for The Onion, but is actually true, according to multiple Outkick fans inside ESPN MSESPN decided to pull an Asian college football announcer named Robert Lee off the William and Mary at University of Virginia college football game because they were concerned that having an ASIAN FOOTBALL ANNOUNCER NAMED ROBERT LEE would be offensive to some viewers.

Did I mention that Robert Lee is Asian?
Really,,,, Really?  tinysure

Quote:But, seriously, is there anything more pathetic than ESPN believing people would be offended by an Asian guy named Robert Lee sharing a name with Robert E. Lee and calling a football game? Aside from some hysterical photoshops and Internet memes which would make everyone with a functional brain laugh — Robert E. Lee pulling out all the stops to stay in Charlottesville now! — what was the big fear here?

Does ESPN really believe people are this dumb or that having an Asian announcer named Robert Lee is too offensive for the average TV viewer to handle?
Yes, yes they do.

I’m sorry you work for such an idiotic company, Robert Lee
Source
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
How ridiculous!!! If these idiots had their way nobody would have a dang name any more, we'd all be known by our numbers. Oooohhh, wait... that's already in place...    tinyangry
First of all, DANG your fast woman! I just now heard this! 

That said, lol.. omg I cannot believe they did this! It's utterly and completely ridiculous! Next is the war on anyone named Robert, regardless of their last name, be cause, well, anyone named Robert MUST be a racist! 

And they claim they aren't a bunch of Nazis! What a joke!
@"Spirit Scribe"  and @"Grace" 
My husband asked,,,, does anyone even pay close action to the name of these Sports Announcers at a College Game?

You'd have to be a REALLY HARDCORE College Football Sports Fan to care about the name of the announcer and Then you'd have to be a Racist-Nazi to even Think an Asia with the Name Robert Lee is a Racist!!!
Does anyone even have an Idea of how many Asians have the Family Name of Lee in America?
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(08-23-2017, 03:40 AM)guohua Wrote: @"Spirit Scribe"  and @"Grace" 
My husband asked,,,, does anyone even pay close action to the name of these Sports Announcers at a College Game?

You'd have to be a REALLY HARDCORE College Football Sports Fan to care about the name of the announcer and Then you'd have to be a Racist-Nazi to even Think an Asia with the Name Robert Lee is a Racist!!!

Truer words have not been spoken!

Quote:Does anyone even have an Idea of how many Asians have the Family Name of Lee in America?

As it is a very common surname in Asia, (transliterated either Li or Lee) I'm going to say a LOT! As we have a great many Asian immigrants in this country.
I'm at a loss for words... again!  I mean, REALLY?!!!! 
The state our country is in is really depressing. I don't even recognize it anymore. tinycrying
When I first read the headline (that didn't say his name) I was thinking "Unless his name is Joseph Goebbels or Adolf Hitler this is going to be fucking stupid"

Robert Lee! HA! Imagine that conversation: "Uh, can we have a chat Bob? You know that promotion you got that puts you on the air for a college game? Riiiight, about that. You see, in the mid 1800's a man by the name of..."

What a freakin joke... minusculebonker
(08-23-2017, 04:37 PM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: When I first read the headline (that didn't say his name) I was thinking "Unless his name is Joseph Goebbels or Adolf Hitler this is going to be fucking stupid"

Robert Lee! HA! Imagine that conversation: "Uh, can we have a chat Bob? You know that promotion you got that puts you on the air for a college game? Riiiight, about that. You see, in the mid 1800's a man by the name of..."

What a freakin joke... minusculebonker

Mr. Lee is sadly another victim of identity politics and the changing of history.
And besides, he presents in a sporting forum that is too 'rough and rugged' for the protesters
who want a police-less society.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe.