Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Scientists remotely hacked a brain
Quote:Scientists remotely hacked a brain, controlling body movements
I put this in the Off Topic Section Because,,,,,,, In My Humble Opinion It Is Just Wrong!!!!
They have actual Hacked a Brain so they can control the movements as of Now!
Now they actually Believe it won't be used for something Evil!

These people must not know our Government or other Governments.
They live in Kumbaya Land were all people Hug Each other and Hold hands and Dance Around The Community Fire.
Quote:Imagine someone remotely controlling your brain, forcing your body’s central processing organ to send messages to your muscles that you didn’t authorize.

It’s an incredibly scary thought, but scientists have managed to accomplish this science fiction nightmare for real, albeit on a much small scale, and they were even able to prompt their test subject to run, freeze in place, or even completely lose control over their limbs.

Thankfully, the research will be used for good rather than evil… for now.

The effort, led by physics professor Arnd Pralle, PhD, of the University at Buffalo College of Arts and Sciences, focused on a technique called “magneto-thermal stimulation.” It’s not exactly a simple process — it requires the implantation of specially built DNA strands and nanoparticles which attach to specific neurons — but once the minimally invasive procedure is over, the brain can be remotely controlled via an alternating magnetic field. When those magnetic inputs are applied, the particles heat up, causing the neurons to fire.
Source

OK, someone tell me I'm Wrong. There is a practical use for this.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Explanation: 1stly I shall provide some LINKS ....

http://bgr.com/2017/08/18/brain-hack-sci...b-control/

Personal Disclosure: @guahuo ...

Quote:OK, someone tell me I'm Wrong. There is a practical use for this.

It is mostly military stuff for supersoliders when they get overwhelmed emotionally, mentally and or physically during COMBAT!

Imagine remotely 'walking/crawling' the injured on their own out of the battle zone etc to where medics can work on them safely etc.

Conversely it may allow automatic muscle training for martial arts combat without a lot of mental or even emotional input from the trainee. [this may have applications in rehabilitation methods such as learning to walk and or talk again after a stroke etc.]

Imagine 'learning' all the Tai Chi kata's in hrs or days as opposed to weeks or months.

The above personal disclosure is my own speculations off the top of my head and I provide no further proof for them currently.
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
Good way to keep the sheep in line ..... any that act up .... or question the status quo ..... suddenly jump off a building .... or take a swim wearing exercise weights .....
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

@"OmegaLogos" 
Excellent Video, "The Daily Sheeple"!!!

Then you throw in on top @"Daitengu" reply.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]