Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Big G's Latest CAMPERVAN Conversion Project
My faithful old campervan finally bit the dust last month... So I've treated myself to a newer van which I have just started to convert into a camper.

I've added two windows (It's SCARY when you're standing there about to make BIG holes in the side of your new van!!), lots of Insulation, Carpeting, and Decals so far.
I've still got lots to do, but am hoping to adapt the seating/storage/bed and possibly some of the kitchen from my old van to save money (and time).

I'll add some photos so you can see what I've done so far, and will update the thread when I've done more work on it.

G

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2320][Image: attachment.php?aid=2321][Image: attachment.php?aid=2322][Image: attachment.php?aid=2324][Image: attachment.php?aid=2325]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
Looking Good Big G.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
And this is the vehicle we'll see beside Loch Ness when the live web-cam is accessed.
tinybiggrin

Gordi'll be there, gesturing at the peaty waters with beguiling kilt-movements!!
tinyhuh
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Fantastic job so far.   minusculethumbsup

Nice decals too.
The "Wildside" with wolf silhouette is cool touch.

Keep up the good work. 
May you and your family have many, many more fun family trips in the new campervan to add to your "memory warehouse".   :smallwink:

Oh yeah, pics or it didn't happen.... tinywondering

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(08-21-2017, 05:24 AM)senona Wrote: Fantastic job so far.   minusculethumbsup

Nice decals too.
The "Wildside" with wolf silhouette is cool touch.

Keep up the good work. 
May you and your family have many, many more fun family trips in the new campervan to add to your "memory warehouse".   :smallwink:

Oh yeah, pics or it didn't happen.... tinywondering

Thanks Sen,
The "wildside" actually has a bit of a double meaning... the wild camping / wolf thing and a nod to a certain songs lyrics...
(The van is a Ford Transit, and they're known in the UK as "Trannyvans"!!!)
I thought it would be fun to see if anyone "twigged" the double meaning!

I know.... I know!!! LOL
Hmph .... needs armour plating .... machinegun turret .... rocket launcher .... grenade launchers .... flame thrower ... 

Otherwise wont last two minutes in apocalypse .....
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

I managed to do a bit more work on the van over the last couple of days...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2576][Image: attachment.php?aid=2577]

New Kitchen units, worktop, sink/hob and hand-made "storage pods" built, customised and fitted, splash-back fitted, kitchen wall carpeted etc.
I think it's starting to come together now.

I will probably change the finish on those kitchen cabinet doors though.... I think it's too pale?
Will maybe go for a gun-metal grey or charcoal colour, or possibly a distressed wood look? (I have a few options with a range of stick-on vinyls that I've got among my sign-making stuff!)

G

PS - I forgot to say that all of the exposed plywood panels will eventually be covered in the same pale grey carpet material as the little kitchen storage pods!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Great job!  minusculeclap

My vote is for the distressed wood, especially for a camper.   minusculegoodjob
That's looking' good, Big Man.
minusculethumbsup minusculethumbsup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Now that's Nice  minusculethumbsup2 really looking good, very professional.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]