Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DOJ Goes After ANTIFA, Obtains Search Warrant!
Well, it took them long enough, but we know how slow the government works.   smalltappingfoot 

Quote:Terrible news for ANTIFA.
The DOJ has obtained a search warrant to identify those looking to incite a riot.
Job well done by the DOJ!
From NYDailyNews

The Justice Department is ordering a web-hosting provider to turn over the IP addresses of people who visited a website organizing protests against President Trump’s inauguration, the company claims.

DreamHost, which hosts the resistance website disruptj20.org, is fighting the DOJ’s search warrant demanding it hand over “every piece of information it has about every visitor”, according to a blog post on the company’s website.

Citing a D.C. law regarding rioting or inciting to riot, the purported search warrant encompasses 1.3 million IP addresses, along with the contact information, email content, and photos of thousands of visitors, the blog post states.

“That information could be used to identify any individuals who used this site to exercise and express political speech protected under the Constitution’s First Amendment,” the blog posts reads.

[Image: capture-court-papers-1024x836.png]

[Image: capture-court-papers-1024x836.png]

Citing a D.C. law regarding rioting or inciting to riot, the purported search warrant encompasses 1.3million IP addresses, along with the contact information, email content, and photos of thousands of visitors, DreamHost says.

Source

It only took them 7 months!  Wonder how long before they finally go after the morons that tore down our statues?
That warrant was issued for 10 days starting on the issue date of the 12th of July 2017, what have they done?
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(08-18-2017, 01:41 AM)guohua Wrote: That warrant was issued for 10 days starting on the issue date of the 12th of July 2017, what have they done?

Judging from the amount of paperwork they'll have to go through, it will probably be another year before any arrests are made. The government people have to have their long vacations, you know? tinyok
(08-18-2017, 01:29 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 01:41 AM)guohua Wrote: That warrant was issued for 10 days starting on the issue date of the 12th of July 2017, what have they done?

Judging from the amount of paperwork they'll have to go through, it will probably be another year before any arrests are made. The government people have to have their long vacations, you know? tinyok

The warrant is being fought in court.. did the court rule on it yet? Last I heard it hadn't ruled... 

they cannot execute the search warrant until the courts allow it, as the website owners have blocked the search warrant in court..

Court sure is giving them PLENTY of time to clean things up a lot, before the government goes in and "searches"..
(08-18-2017, 02:38 PM)Grace Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 01:29 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:

The warrant is being fought in court.. did the court rule on it yet? Last I heard it hadn't ruled... 

they cannot execute the search warrant until the courts allow it, as the website owners have blocked the search warrant in court..

Court sure is giving them PLENTY of time to clean things up a lot, before the government goes in and "searches"..

On no!!   mediumfacepalm Well, I can see how this is going to turn out. Even if the court approves it, they won't find anything.

Sigh... smallnotamused
GOOD! Somebody here pointed out a good idea a few days ago (I apologize for not giving credit, I honestly don’t remember who said it or if it was a shout box or thread comment) let the militant far left and the nazi loving far right wipe each other out. Put them on an island and let normal, politically diverse people get back to business.

People like ANTIFA don’t speak for everybody that may lean a bit left just as far-right nazi lovers don’t speak for everyone on the right. 

tinycool DFC
(08-18-2017, 04:17 PM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: GOOD! Somebody here pointed out a good idea a few days ago (I apologize for not giving credit, I honestly don’t remember who said it or if it was a shout box or thread comment) let the militant far left and the nazi loving far right wipe each other out. Put them on an island and let normal, politically diverse people get back to business.

People like ANTIFA don’t speak for everybody that may lean a bit left just as far-right nazi lovers don’t speak for everyone on the right. 

tinycool DFC

Might have been me. I mentioned in one post or another that when you get two masses of stupid rushing headlong at each other, the only sane thing to do is stand back and let them mutually annihilate one another. I figure that's why the cops in Charlottesville didn't wade into the fray there. You let them do the heavy lifting themselves, and just mop up what's left after the dust settles.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(08-19-2017, 05:12 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 04:17 PM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: GOOD! Somebody here pointed out a good idea a few days ago (I apologize for not giving credit, I honestly don’t remember who said it or if it was a shout box or thread comment) let the militant far left and the nazi loving far right wipe each other out. Put them on an island and let normal, politically diverse people get back to business.

tinycool DFC

Might have been me. I mentioned in one post or another that when you get two masses of stupid rushing headlong at each other, the only sane thing to do is stand back and let them mutually annihilate one another. I figure that's why the cops in Charlottesville didn't wade into the fray there. You let them do the heavy lifting themselves, and just mop up what's left after the dust settles.

It was you @"Ninurta" now I remember. 

For the record, I'm sorry if I get overly emotional about some topics. I never let anything carry until the next day and would never have hard feelings towards anybody for their beliefs. 

I will say, however, I will never have a problem with people bum-rushing and punching nazis  tinycool tinycool
(08-19-2017, 10:49 PM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: It was you @"Ninurta" now I remember. 

For the record, I'm sorry if I get overly emotional about some topics. I never let anything carry until the next day and would never have hard feelings towards anybody for their beliefs. 

I will say, however, I will never have a problem with people bum-rushing and punching nazis  tinycool tinycool

No problem at all. I didn't take anything personal, and hope you didn't either.

Nazis and the like tend to provoke folks into bum rushing and punching them. When they provoke it, well, there goes their defense argument!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Couldn't have said it better myself, cheers! To not liking nazis!

DFC