Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is It or Isn't a Religion? You Tell me.
I just Don't Know, but I'm sure one of our Educated members or Guest can give me an answer,,,,, is it or isn't it a Religion.
Quote:Holy smoke! The church of cannabis
Yes, the Church Of Weed!!!!  smallgreenhurray Now that's a religion we could get into.  smallgreenklatsch
[Image: 5468.jpg?w=1300&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&...c6f3e75046]
Quote:It started, naturally, with a group of friends smoking a joint. Steve Berke, a graduate of Yale University, was temporarily living in an old church in Denver, Colorado.
His estate agent parents had bought the 113-year-old building with the plan to turn it into flats. He and Lee Molloy, as well as a few friends, had just moved from Miami to capitalise on Colorado’s lucrative marijuana market. But then, in the words of Lee: “We started having these stupid, fantastical conversations.

What if we kept it as a church?” So Steve convinced his parents to give him the building and, nine months later, on 20 April 2016 – 4/20, as it’s known in the United States, the unofficial pothead’s holiday (because it’s 4.20pm somewhere, right?) – the International Church of Cannabis opened its doors with its own chapel, theology and video game arcade.

From the outside all appears normal: red-brick towers, blocky turrets, a classic city church in an otherwise leafy suburb of Denver. But there are giveaways.

The three front doors and arched window facade have been spray-painted with silver galaxies and bright, happy-face planets. The work of legendary painter and graphic artist Kenny Scharf, who has exhibited in the Whitney and New York’s Museum of Modern Art, it looks more like the backdrop for an illegal 90s rave than your typical parish church.
But it’s indicative of the coup that Elevation Ministries, the non-profit company that Steve and Lee co-founded to set up the Church of Cannabis, has managed to pull off.

“That mural would probably buy you next door’s house,” Lee says, letting me in. But they got it for the price of an air ticket for Scharf, a few days’ skiing and the loan of a jacket. People love fantastical ideas.
[Image: 5310.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f...b8a30e81b8]
[Image: 3764.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f...3eb784bc96]

Lighting up: Lee Molloy, co-founding member, smokes a joint on the main stage. Photograph: Ryan David Brown for the Observer.
It is a Long article and I thought some of you may enjoy this little bit of information on this religion. Read the entire article here: Source
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
It's only a "religion" if the members see pot as being their "god".  I think it's more of a meeting place where people can get high and talk about all the beautiful colors on their ceiling.   tinylaughing
(08-13-2017, 07:17 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: It's only a "religion" if the members see pot as being their "god".  I think it's more of a meeting place where people can get high and talk about all the beautiful colors on their ceiling.   tinylaughing
I can talk about beautiful Colors  tinybigeyes ,,,,, and look at the Ceiling.  GiantThumbsUp
(08-13-2017, 07:17 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: It's only a "religion" if the members see pot as being their "god".  I think it's more of a meeting place where people can get high and talk about all the beautiful colors on their ceiling.   tinylaughing
I can talk about beautiful Colors  tinybigeyes ,,,,, and look at the Ceiling.  GiantThumbsUp
NO NO NO ....  the Church of Jesus Christ is not about getting high on pot / it's about growing in Jesus Christ spiritually ... 

and he (God) gave some as apostles .. and some as prophets .. and some as evangelists .. and some as pastors and teachers
For the equipping of the saints for the work of service .. 
to the building up of the body of Christ until we all attain to the unity of the faith .. 
and of the knowledge of the Son of God .. to a mature man .. 
to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ ...... Ephesians 4:12-13

Satanic forces will always desire to dazzle us with the exteriors 
(11-14-2017, 05:03 PM)dadmansabode Wrote: NO NO NO ....  the Church of Jesus Christ is not about getting high on pot / it's about growing in Jesus Christ spiritually ... 

For the equipping of the saints for the work of service .. 
to the building up of the body of Christ until we all attain to the unity of the faith .. 
and of the knowledge of the Son of God .. to a mature man .. 
to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ ...... Ephesians 4:12-13

Satanic forces will always desire to dazzle us with the exteriors 

Unless of course their church is not about Jesus Christ to begin with? 

I mean, they would only join the other 5 billion people on the planet that also don't go to church to worship him (and by that I mean the other 5 billion people that are going to BURN IN HELL because he loves them... ? ...)  tinycrying

Quote:The eyes of the Lord are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.
Proverbs 15:3

Seems to me that if somebody has no ill-will and focuses on the good instead of evil in this world, well, fine by me  tinycool (even if that "good" is awesome color displays and chocolate cookies.)
I mean the other 5 billion people that are going to BURN IN HELL because he loves them

Indeed ... it's their choice to live apart from God < He's simply answering their prayer

Four marks of a Hell-bound man
(11-14-2017, 05:18 PM)dadmansabode Wrote: I mean the other 5 billion people that are going to BURN IN HELL because he loves them

Indeed ... it's their choice to live apart from God < He's simply answering their prayer

Four marks of a Hell-bound man

But they are not living apart from God. They simply know him/her by a different name  tinycool
But they are not living apart from God. They simply know him/her by a different name

Yeah, Satan has that lie going real good

Jesus said to him . . . 
I am the way .. and the truth .. and the life . . . 
no one comes to the father but through me .... John 14:6

and there is salvation in no one else .. 
for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved .... Acts 4:12

trending toward One World Religion 
After reading this, I need a drink or a joint  tinylaughing
(11-14-2017, 06:54 PM)Wallfire Wrote: After reading this, I need a drink or a joint  tinylaughing
I agree, with a good strong whisky and a visit toooooooooooooo, Sisters of the Valley have become famous for their... horticultural operation, where they are growing and selling medical marijuana products. Of course.
[Image: marijuana-horticulture-sisters-of-the-va...umb640.jpg]
[Image: 0*n1mnrpCn4xUTnroh.gif] [Image: rs-aubrey-plaza-stoner-nuns-2dfc9c4c-417...acc2ec.jpg]
lol ... someone wanna discuss the doctrinal heresy of the Roman Catholic Church ??

[Image: hm-0706XX.jpg]

From the frying pan to the fire
[Image: signature_01a.jpg]

(11-14-2017, 08:47 PM)dadmansabode Wrote: lol ... someone wanna discuss the doctrinal heresy of the Roman Catholic Church ??

That -my friend, is one difficult quagmire to wade in!

Faith can be the capstone for a fulfilling life.

But here's some.
The Catholic church is the one true church.

The Communion elements become the actual body and blood of Christ.
The Roman Catholic Church is necessary for salvation.
Infallibility of the Catholic Church.

The Pope is the head of the church and has the authority of Christ.
Full benefit of Salvation is only through the Roman Catholic Church.
Mary.
The merit of Mary and the Saints can be applied to Catholics and others.

Sacred Tradition equal to scripture.
Forgiveness of sins, salvation, is by faith and works.
Grace can be merited.
Indulgences.
Penance is necessary for salvation.
Prayer to the saints.
Purgatory.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(11-14-2017, 08:47 PM)dadmansabode Wrote: lol ... someone wanna discuss the doctrinal heresy of the Roman Catholic Church ??

[Image: hm-0706XX.jpg]

From the frying pan to the fire
Not Me,,, I'm basically a Buddhist and My Husband Gave Up On God during his first tour in Viet Nam.

I've always thought and this includes my own beliefs (Buddhist) that religion is nothing more than an organization requiring money to support itself and Control Over The Masses To keep That Money Flowing In.
JMHO
(11-14-2017, 10:49 PM)guohua Wrote: Not Me,,, I'm basically a Buddhist and My Husband Gave Up On God during his first tour in Viet Nam.

Sadly, I'm a 'forced' BIADist and there are times when prayers are certainly needed!
Boy In A Dress can't walk on water, but I once saw him balancing on the water-barrel in my garden.
(11-14-2017, 10:53 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 10:49 PM)guohua Wrote: Not Me,,, I'm basically a Buddhist and My Husband Gave Up On God during his first tour in Viet Nam.

Sadly, I'm a 'forced' BIADist and there are times when prayers are certainly needed!
Boy In A Dress can't walk on water, but I once saw him balancing on the water-barrel in my garden.
Balance on the Water barrel!!!?????? tinydrroling  I Want A Picture Next Time!! tinycool
(11-14-2017, 10:55 PM)guohua Wrote: Balance on the Water barrel!!!?????? tinydrroling  I Want A Picture Next Time!! tinycool

No.. seriously, you don't!
tinybiggrin

He was trying to look over a fence at a sun-bathing neighbour and his body positioning to attempt that,
ruined my own garden enjoyment. Not exactly 'Mel's Hole', but I hope you get the idea!
Quote:I've always thought and this includes my own beliefs (Buddhist) that religion is nothing more than an organization requiring money to support itself and Control Over The Masses To keep That Money Flowing In. 

Indeed it can be ... hint the RCC .. however, there are two entities that run side-by-side ... 
the true Bride of Christ and the Satanic perversion of the Bride (Rev 17) ... many bewildered and confused < Satan's MO
The scripture indeed sorts these out .... the sheep and the goats / the wheat and the chaff / the left and the right

(11-14-2017, 11:06 PM)dadmansabode Wrote:
Quote:I've always thought and this includes my own beliefs (Buddhist) that religion is nothing more than an organization requiring money to support itself and Control Over The Masses To keep That Money Flowing In. 

Indeed it can be ... hint the RCC .. however, there are two entities that run side-by-side ... 
the true Bride of Christ and the Satanic perversion of the Bride (Rev 17) ... many bewildered and confused < Satan's MO
The scripture indeed sorts these out .... the sheep and the goats / the wheat and the chaff / the left and the right
Ahhh, Yes but one would have to believe in a Satan.
We don't, we believe in Karma and how pure you keep your Chakraka (spirit, life force or soul) through the treatment of others.
Yeah, I'll have to become more familiar w/ Buddhism