Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Big Ben,,,,, Silent!?
Just hard imagine, I think.
Quote:Britain's Big Ben to fall silent for four years

[Image: 1d8277d00dc80a5f2d331cd1c7d05421a6cb3c3a.jpg]

Quote:Britain's much-loved Big Ben will fall silent for four years from next week as conservation work is carried out on the famous 19th century bell in a clock tower next to the Houses of Parliament.

"Big Ben falling silent is a significant milestone in this crucial conservation project," Steve Jaggs, whose official title is "Keeper of the Great Clock", said in a parliament statement on Monday.

"This essential programme of works will safeguard the clock on a long term basis, as well as protecting and preserving its home -- the Elizabeth Tower," he said.

It will be the longest period that Big Ben, whose bongs are familiar to many people around the world because of their use in BBC radio and television broadcasts, has been silent in its 157-year history.

The Great Bell, popularly called Big Ben, weighs 13.7 tonnes and strikes every hour to the note of E. Four smaller bells also chime every 15 minutes.
Source

Necessary repairs I'm Sure,,,, just so long as they don't give Big Ben a Digital Face tinyok
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(08-14-2017, 10:16 PM)guohua Wrote: Just hard imagine, I think.
Quote:Britain's Big Ben to fall silent for four years

[Image: 1d8277d00dc80a5f2d331cd1c7d05421a6cb3c3a.jpg]

Quote:Britain's much-loved Big Ben will fall silent for four years from next week as conservation work is carried out on the famous 19th century bell in a clock tower next to the Houses of Parliament.

"Big Ben falling silent is a significant milestone in this crucial conservation project," Steve Jaggs, whose official title is "Keeper of the Great Clock", said in a parliament statement on Monday.

"This essential programme of works will safeguard the clock on a long term basis, as well as protecting and preserving its home -- the Elizabeth Tower," he said.

It will be the longest period that Big Ben, whose bongs are familiar to many people around the world because of their use in BBC radio and television broadcasts, has been silent in its 157-year history.

The Great Bell, popularly called Big Ben, weighs 13.7 tonnes and strikes every hour to the note of E. Four smaller bells also chime every 15 minutes.
Source

Necessary repairs I'm Sure,,,, just so long as they don't give Big Ben a Digital Face tinyok

Hahaha... it would be funny if they did!