Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is Your Babysitter Trustworthy?
Be careful who you get to babysit. It seems you can't even trust your own family anymore. These teens put the baby in the refrigerator while filming it, and then posted it to Snapchat.   smallnotamused

Quote:A disturbing video shared on Snapchat shows two babysitters placing a baby inside a refrigerator. The two teenage girls have been charged with assault after the video surfaced online. 

The babysitters, who are juveniles, were arrested in Danvers, Massachusetts, but their ages and names have not been revealed. They have been charged with assault and child endangerment after posting the disturbing video on social media. The incident reportedly took place Monday when the two girls were asked to care for the child.

"We were notified by Swampscott (police) of video involving an infant child," Danvers police Chief Patrick Ambrose told the local media. 
The video shows the accused girls putting a baby in the refrigerator while the baby cries. The two babysitters laugh as they close the door of the refrigerator while the baby is heard screaming. One girl is heard saying "bye" as she slams the door of the refrigerator. Moments later, the accused open the refrigerator and remove the baby.

It is unclear for how long the two teenagers kept the baby inside the refrigerator. Police said the child was not hurt in the incident and is currently at home with family.

"I was horrified. I was in shock," the child's mother responded regarding the incident. "I'm traumatized from that. I don't want anyone near my child anymore." She also revealed that the two babysitters were her niece and a friend. The incident reportedly took place when the mother was in the shower.

The mother told CBS Boston's WBZ-TV she was not aware of the incident until the police showed her the video. The girls reportedly told a fake story about the incident, saying they were trying to get a bottle from the refrigerator to stop the baby from crying.

While the mother expressed concerns over the safety of her child, she also defended the teens while talking to the local TV: "They thought it was a joke. I feel like they learned from this lesson and they won’t do it again."
"My niece is a good-hearted girl who wouldn’t hurt a fly,” she added.
"I know she wouldn't hurt my daughter and that wasn't her intentions. I think it was all foolishness, stupidity," the baby's mother said. "I will no longer be leaving my children with my niece or her friends again ever in my life.
"Be careful who you leave your children with," she cautioned. "You can't trust anyone, not even your own family."

The accused were arraigned Tuesday in Salem Juvenile Court where they were charged with "child endangerment and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon."
The Department of Children and Families will also investigate the incident. Danvers Police and the Essex County District Attorney’s Office are also looking into the case.

(The video the girls posted online is shown in the article. I can't post it here.)

I'm glad the teens are both getting some juvie time over this.
They may have thought it was just a joke, but I bet they aren't laughing now!  minusculenonono