Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nasa Has A Job Opening For A Planetary Protection Officer
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474414000

"This position is assigned to Office of Safety and Mission Assurance for Planetary Protection. Planetary protection is concerned with the avoidance of organic-constituent and biological contamination in human and robotic space exploration. NASA maintains policies for planetary protection applicable to all space flight missions that may intentionally or unintentionally carry Earth organisms and organic constituents to the planets or other solar system bodies, and any mission employing spacecraft, which are intended to return to Earth and its biosphere with samples from extraterrestrial targets of exploration. This policy is based on federal requirements and international treaties and agreements."

This makes one think, are they out in the open now about extraterrestrials? Are they admitting they have a off world secret space program? Do they expect to bring back in the biosphere, biological entities, extraterrestrials themselves, or some organism dangerous to humanity? Thought this was interesting...

[edited by OmegaLogos to make text visible!]
@"Marlin Grace" First, I want to say and I know I'm Speaking For Everyone Here,,,,,
DAMN Good To See You Marlin Grace.

I wanted to apply for that job, but I think they would not want someone that's more inclined to shot first and ask questions later.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(08-08-2017, 08:22 PM)guohua Wrote: ...I wanted to apply for that job, but I think they would not want someone that's more inclined to shot first and ask questions later.

And the 'questions' idea is still debatable!!

Good to see you back M.G.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
MARLIN!!!!   smallgreenbananadancer I'm so happy to see you my friend!   tinybiggrin I've really, really missed you.

As for the space job, I think it could be a bit of soft disclosure. People first have to wrap their minds around the fact that scientists believe there is ANY kind of life out there. Later, they will disclose they found other "creatures", maybe something like a rat or small animal. Then, they'll tell us they've found other human-like creatures. 

This could take many years. The younger generation already agree there is other life in space; they just have to wait for all the older, non-believers to die off first.  It won't be as big a shock for the youth growing up now. 
Hell, they are too dumbed down to even care.   tinylaughing
(08-08-2017, 08:30 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(08-08-2017, 08:22 PM)guohua Wrote: ...I wanted to apply for that job, but I think they would not want someone that's more inclined to shot first and ask questions later.

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes. I wanted to see if anyone got the main message I was thinking about this ad. Thats is how would they know they need this position if they hadn't already been somewhere they know they needed it.
(08-09-2017, 03:14 AM)Marlin Grace Wrote:

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes. I wanted to see if anyone got the main message I was thinking about this ad. Thats is how would they know they need this position if they hadn't already been somewhere they know they needed it.
Yes, That's right. I agree with you.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(08-09-2017, 03:14 AM)Marlin Grace Wrote: ...I wanted to see if anyone got the main message I was thinking about this ad.
That's is how would they know they need this position if they hadn't already been somewhere they know they needed it.

I tend to view these types of news reports with a bit of wariness as the vacancy basically means
a administration position who oversees someone with a bottle of bleach is to make sure we don't
contaminate space with our germs!

Seriously, I think the announcement is the usual task of keeping NASA in the public eye, but the
actual meaning behind it has merit.

One can only hope any visiting lifeforms have the same criteria level. However, looking at the
radiation damage in the Cash-Landrum case, certain aspects of controlling other-world harm
may only apply to us!
(08-09-2017, 03:14 AM)Marlin Grace Wrote:

Well, that is so obvious, it never even occurred to me. tinylaughing 

I have already accepted that there are life forms out there, and that our Secret Space fleets have been flying around the galaxy for many decades.  To go back to square one and consider the possibility that we might need someone for this position of detecting bacteria is way below my order of thoughts on the matter.   :smallwink:
Meh ..... the aliens made me a better offer ....
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

(08-18-2017, 10:55 AM)Daitengu Wrote: Meh ..... the aliens made me a better offer ....

It involved cigars... and quantities of booze, didn't it?
You're with friends here, you can admit it.
tinycool
(08-18-2017, 12:37 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 10:55 AM)Daitengu Wrote: Meh ..... the aliens made me a better offer ....

It involved cigars... and quantities of booze, didn't it?
You're with friends here, you can admit it.
tinycool

Erm....  *looks round .... * .... 
Yes ..... but its very good cigars an booze .....  along with ..... erm ..... meant no comment at this time .....
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

So after the interview -where the successful candidate takes on their role as Planetary Protection
Officer, his-or-her first task is to implement their galactic idea of keeping human germs from the
aliens by...

Quote:NASA to blow up space probe in huge plan to ‘protect alien life’

'The US space agency is gearing up to explode its Cassini probe in a move that would end a
20-year mission costing $3.6 billion to explore the ringed planet.

The event – being dubbed the “Grand Finale” – will see the robot fly through the 1,500-mile gap
between the gas giant and its rings of space dust.
Its plunge will shed light on how Saturn formed in the earliest days of the Solar System.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2393]

Cassini was launched on September 15, 2017, to explore and collect data on Saturn’s many moons.
But because of this potential for Saturn’s to host aliens, NASA decided to crash Cassini into the
planet to avoid any contamination.

Curt Niebur, a Cassini program scientist at NASA, said: "The mission has been insanely, wildly,
beautifully successful, and it's coming to an end in about two weeks. "But Cassini will not go quietly."

The craft will turn into a huge fireball as the remainder of its nuclear fuel, plutonium-238, burns up.
NASA said in an earlier statement: "No other mission has ever explored this unique region.
What we learn from these final orbits will help to improve our understanding of how giant planets
–and planetary systems everywhere – form and evolve.

"After losing contact with Earth, the spacecraft will burn up like a meteor, becoming part of the
planet itself."...'
SOURCE:

Lawks-a-mercy, let's hope the gentle Saturians don't mind a bonfire in their backyard.
mediumfacepalm

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(09-01-2017, 11:08 AM)BIAD Wrote: So after the interview -where the successful candidate takes on their role as Planetary Protection
Officer, his-or-her first task is to implement their galactic idea of keeping human germs from the
aliens by...

Quote:NASA to blow up space probe in huge plan to ‘protect alien life’

'The US space agency is gearing up to explode its Cassini probe in a move that would end a
20-year mission costing $3.6 billion to explore the ringed planet.

The event – being dubbed the “Grand Finale” – will see the robot fly through the 1,500-mile gap
between the gas giant and its rings of space dust.
Its plunge will shed light on how Saturn formed in the earliest days of the Solar System.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2393]

Cassini was launched on September 15, 2017, to explore and collect data on Saturn’s many moons.
But because of this potential for Saturn’s to host aliens, NASA decided to crash Cassini into the
planet to avoid any contamination.

Curt Niebur, a Cassini program scientist at NASA, said: "The mission has been insanely, wildly,
beautifully successful, and it's coming to an end in about two weeks. "But Cassini will not go quietly."

The craft will turn into a huge fireball as the remainder of its nuclear fuel, plutonium-238, burns up.
NASA said in an earlier statement: "No other mission has ever explored this unique region.
What we learn from these final orbits will help to improve our understanding of how giant planets
–and planetary systems everywhere – form and evolve.

"After losing contact with Earth, the spacecraft will burn up like a meteor, becoming part of the
planet itself."...'
SOURCE:

Lawks-a-mercy, let's hope the gentle Saturians don't mind a bonfire in their backyard.
mediumfacepalm

I've seen some videos showing strange anomalies, and heard some hypothesis that there are alien bases in the rings of Saturn. Of course anything NASA sends back for the public to see has these blurred out.
It makes me wonder if they are planning on blowing up one of these bases with the craft? Are they aware that there are malevolent aliens there, or what?

(Just me thinking out loud.)   minusculethinking