Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No, No, No, I just can't accept this
No, No, No, I just can't accept this, so am I a prude or so form of Male-Makeup-Phobia or just OLD!?
Quote:Male cosmetics counters could hit department stores in five years, L'Oreal boss says
[Image: TELEMMGLPICT000136742644_trans_NvBQzQNjv...width=1400]
NO!!! 
Quote:Male make-up counters could become a reality within five years, the UK boss of L'Oreal has said, as it is no longer a taboo for the "selfie generation".

In an interview with the Daily Telegraph, Vismay Sharma, the cosmetics giant's UK managing director, said that demand for make-up among men was growing fast. 

Speaking about the industry as a whole, he said male-targeted counters in department stores and drug stores could be a reality in "five to seven years".

According to Mr Sharma taboos are changing and make-up is becoming more accepted for men among what he describes as the "selfie generation".
Where was your Father Figure when you were growing up,,, getting a Sex Change?

Quote:He said: "Today you have a very small proportion of men who want to use make up products but that proportion is growing and it will continue to grow.
I think its just awareness - two things are happening, men know they can use make up, and they know what it does when you use it.

"The second thing is that the taboos are going, so between my generation and my son's generation the taboos are very different."

"Is the trend going to go towards bold colours or more subtle? I don't know. But what I do know is we are listening very carefully to consumers and what they want."
read the rest of the article here: Source and tell us what you think.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
mediumnotlooking       :mediumfacepalm:   I'm actually glad I'm getting old. I don't think my heart can take much more of these changes I keep seeing in our country.
Explanation: Sorry G! But yes you are a prude ....

[Image: 1973_sane_cvr_fix_800sq.jpg?itok=h-TUpMU9]

[Image: KISS.jpg&w=272&zc=1]

[Image: 88f8d02889b791a77173d500642317cc--ant-mu...m-adam.jpg]

and just to be a full bastard ... LOOK ...

[Image: 22nd_MEU_corporals_paint_their_war_faces...46-044.jpg]

[Image: 2a9ff133fdf200fb32d59f48fffa6229.jpg]

[Image: braveheart-3.jpg]

Do I really have to post pictures of egyptian kings wearing makeup to show that men have also used cosmetics for like ever?

Personal Disclosure: I wonder what BIAD has to say on this matter?
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
...And like magic, the weird anomaly appears!!

I did ask Boy In A Dress about this a few months ago, when I read an article about male cosmetics
and I'm sure I heard him softly sigh before he sat down on this shed stoop and began his monologue.

"Let's get the real-stuff out of the way first..." he said and pulled his knees together, for which I was
grateful.

"...Businesses sell things and in most cases, they will promote their wares via stories in the media
and this is usually done by sending a parcel of the stuff to a news-desk or inviting a Journalist to
test-drive a product. These are called 'freebies'

Some of the bigger companies hold seminars, where they wine-and-dine reporters for a favourable
write-up on their website or in their paper. It's sometimes cheaper than the standard advertising
manner and if the product is new and the company is uncertain of it's market impact, they may
suggest to the Journalist (which will already know!)... that the company is relying on the feedback
from an article to plot-out their strategy for that product.

The Journalist then writes a piece that 'entices' by using words and phrases that thrusts and parries
at we generally accept as the norm, the way it was before this product. Male cosmetics -just as female
cosmetics, is merely 'warpaint'... an external visionary device to lure or repulse another.
But if we put in these terms, it doesn't sound very exciting or provocative!!"

BIAD then proceeded to scratch somewhere that is irrelevant to this discussion, but it was quite
harrowing to see anyway and I believe it deserved mentioning.

"Now..." he continued, "...the image of a young man using a soft-brush to apply the make-up is
deliberate because it implies effeminacy and the media knows it's a trick to rustle feathers of those
who see it so. Yet everyday, men and women wear make-up on television and on stage to enhance
their appearance, but the application is rarely seen by the audience.
Even if it is, there's no blow-back of annoyance, we just accept that it's part of being an actor!"

The Man-Girl finally stood up and began to turn, which I understood was a canny way of dismissing
me, the sight of his unshaven genitals on a Monday morning can genuinely effect one's whole day
and I was happy it was over.

"We need to get back to the time before all of this reactionary negativity..." he said "...we need to
get a grip on what we used to know" he added and opened the little door of his shed.

"The gripes and arguments on the internet are low-hanging-fruit... easy battles that are beneath us"
BIAD hissed and I could tell it annoyed him. This, was one of the reasons I didn't comment on the
connection between the phrase 'low-hanging fruit' and what he'd just exposed to me when he was
sitting.

"Never trust the media..." he whispered "...you above all, should know that" and I knew he was
referring to my redundancy many years ago. Carefully folding my laptop closed, I wondered if
Boy In A Dress would like a pair of boots similar to the ones Gene Simmons from 'Kiss' used to wear.
Christmas isn't far off.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Excellent points @"OmegaLogos" and @"BIAD".  But I think the makeup used on actors is just to help with the lights from the cameras. I don't think most male actors wear their makeup off stage/camera.  Maybe I'm wrong?

And the bands that wear makeup... well, that's just a signature of the bands/singers. 

While this doesn't totally rattle me to see men putting on face powder, it is just something new I'm not used to seeing. Being a Taurus, I don't like change, but I can adjust when necessary. However, I see this as the Powers That Be trying harder and harder to turn our men into women.  A line needs to be drawn somewhere.
@"OmegaLogos"  OK, OK, OK, I surrender,,,,,,,, But military men and women wearing camouflage is in an effort to stay alive by blending in, Not to impress each other.
minusculehail @"OmegaLogos"
(08-07-2017, 09:14 AM)BIAD Wrote: Carefully folding my laptop closed, I wondered if
Boy In A Dress would like a pair of boots similar to the ones Gene Simmons from 'Kiss' used to wear.
Christmas isn't far off.

USED to wear? Still does, honey - every show! 

One of the more confusing things about Spirit Scribe is the many facets of her personality, much like a polished gem. She can send positive energy to those who may be suffering in some way, consider the condition of society as a whole, and aspire to become a better person, but... she is also A KISS FREAK!
tinyloveit tinyinbiglove tinytongue tinyinlove
(08-08-2017, 04:30 AM)Spirit Scribe Wrote:
(08-07-2017, 09:14 AM)BIAD Wrote: Carefully folding my laptop closed, I wondered if
Christmas isn't far off.

USED to wear? Still does, honey - every show! 

One of the more confusing things about Spirit Scribe is the many facets of her personality, much like a polished gem. She can send positive energy to those who may be suffering in some way, consider the condition of society as a whole, and aspire to become a better person, but... she is also A KISS FREAK!
tinyloveit tinyinbiglove tinytongue tinyinlove
You're a K I S S Freak?
[Image: 3fPDPhl.gif] [Image: KISS-Band_cool.gif]
Or A KISS Freak?[Image: tenor.gif] I'm guessing the above K I S S,,,,, right?