Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NASA seeks employee to protect Earth from aliens.
NASA seeks employee to protect Earth from aliens.

'The body is looking for a "planetary protection officer" to stop contamination from "extraterrestrial
targets of exploration".

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2232]

Anyone whose skill set includes the ability to protect Earth from aliens still has more than a week to
apply for what may just be their dream job. NASA is looking for a planetary protection officer.

What that means in technical terms is someone who can help with the "avoidance of organic-constituent
and biological contamination in human and robotic space exploration".

The job advert notes that "space flight missions may intentionally or unintentionally carry Earth organisms
and organic constituents to the planets or other solar system bodies".
Equally, spacecraft could return "to Earth and its biosphere with samples from extraterrestrial targets of
exploration".

The job ad says that "frequent travel may be required", although it does not specify whether that is simply
on Earth, or around the solar system too.

It goes without saying that anyone thinking of applying needs "advanced knowledge of planetary protection".
They also need diplomacy skills that "resulted in win-win solutions" - plus a degree in physical science,
engineering or mathematics.
The successful candidate will be paid between $124,406 and $187,000.

Perks - such as a company spacecraft - are not mentioned.
Security clearance is described as "secret".

It is not a new post. The current holder, Catharine Conley, was presented with a pair of sunglasses on her
first day in the job back in 2006 - bringing to mind Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith in Men in Black.

Dr Conley told the New York Times in 2015 that she was keen to keep Mars from becoming contaminated
by anything from Earth.

"If we're going to look for life on Mars, it would be really kind of lame to bring Earth life and find that instead,"
Dr Conley said. "So far, Mars is still pretty clean."

If you can help keep it that way, you have until 14 August to apply...'
SOURCE:

Mystic... suit-up!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Quote:Anyone whose skill set includes the ability to protect Earth from aliens still has more than a week to
apply for what may just be their dream job. NASA is looking for a planetary protection officer.

What that means in technical terms is someone who can help with the "avoidance of organic-constituent
and biological contamination in human and robotic space exploration".

Actually, I think this is just a "trigger article" to awaken some of the SSP Super Soldiers; kind of like code, you know?  tinywondering
"They" know we are well beyond finding "organic and biological contamination" out there.
I think they are calling certain people out.  Must have something to do with the September dooms day date quickly approaching.

As for me "suiting up", I wasn't triggered, so I guess my time hasn't come yet.   tinycrying 

Excuse my answer if it sounds "far out", but I just woke up from a much needed nap, and I need COFFEE to make sense.
(For now, I'm just being silly) tinylaughing
We'll Do It,,,,,  minusculehello We'll Do it,,,,  minusculehello We Volunteer!!!  smallgreendancer
You don't even have to pay us,,,, No,,, Just give us a couple of your Awesome Plasma Canon's [Image: aliens-vasquez-lets-rock.gif?w=400]and Ray guns
[Image: 687474703a2f2f6d656469612e74756d626c722e...w=360&q=80] Enough Jim Beam to last us between resupply shuttles and Rice, Green Vegetables and Steaks.
Oh,,, and one more thing, a High Speed internet connection.
Need to let all our Friends at Rogue-Nation 3 know what's going on.
You can donate our Salary Like President Trump Does His.

Hell YES, we'd be Happy to!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I think the word we're looking for -when mentioning Jack Davis, is commitment and I for one know this
planet will be a little safer on his watch.
Once he's finished his chores.

NASA responds to job application from boy, 9.

'A nine-year-old boy received an encouraging response from NASA after he applied for the role of
planetary protection officer. The job was listed this week as the space agency seeks help to protect
Earth from aliens.

In technical terms, the officer would assist with the "avoidance of organic-constituent and biological
contamination in human and robotic space exploration".
The job advert notes that "space flight missions may intentionally or unintentionally carry Earth organisms
and organic constituents to the planets or other solar system bodies".

Among the first applicants for the role was nine-year-old Jack Davis.
He wrote to the space agency to explain:

Quote:"My name is Jack Davis and I would like to apply for the planetary protection officer job.
I may be nine but think I would be fit for the job.
One of the reasons is my sister says I am an alien also I have seen almost all the space and
alien movies I can see.

I have also seen the show Marvel Agents of Shield and hope to see the movie Men in Black.
I am great at video games.
I am young, so I can learn to think like an Alien.

Sincerely,
Jack Davis
Guardian of the Galaxy
Fourth Grade"

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2244]

Jack in turn received a letter from the eminent Dr James L Green, the director of NASA's planetary
science division:

Quote:Dear Jack,
I hear you are a 'Guardian of the Galaxy' and that you're interested in being a NASA Planetary
Protection Officer. That's great!

Our Planetary Protection Officer position is really cool and is very important work. It's about protecting
Earth from tiny microbes when we bring back samples from the Moon, asteroids and Mars. It's also
about protecting other planets and moons from our germs as we responsibly explore the Solar System.

We are always looking for bright future scientists and engineers to help us, so I hope you will study hard
and do well in school. We hope to see you here at NASA one of these days!

Sincerely,
Dr. James L. Green
Director, Planetary Science Division

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2245]

He also received a phone call from NASA's planetary research director, Jonathan Rall, at NASA Headquarters
in Washington, to congratulate him on his interest in the position.

NASA stated that although the planetary protection officer position "may not be in real-life what the title
conjures up", it plays an important role in "promoting the responsible exploration of our solar system by
preventing microbial contamination of other planets and our own"...'
SOURCE:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Well now, that will be something for the boy to frame on his wall, want it?   tinybiggrin