Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Good News Story For A Change!
When we think of dementia, many may think of an elderly person who's mental facilties are at the mercy
of the disease and as this fast world moves around them, the feeling of helplessness stifles any idea
of confidence in their own ability.

But not this woman...

Missing dementia woman found by sniffer dog after she bottled her own scent in case she ever got lost.

'A dementia sufferer who went missing was found minutes after the alarm was raised after she bottled her scent to
aid the sniffer dogs. The elderly woman went missing from her home in Sugarmill Woods, Florida on Tuesday.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2208]

Citrus County Sheriff’s Office deputy Justin Williams found a three-year-old scent-preservation kit in the woman’s home.
Cops immediately started combing the area with sniffer dogs and located the errant pensioner in a matter of minutes.
The unidentified woman had been missing for two hours.

The sheriff’s department said in a Facebook post: “K9 Ally and her handler, Deputy Justin Williams successfully tracked
a missing endangered elderly woman with dementia.
“The woman was returned home safely and K9 Ally was rewarded with a special treat, a tasty vanilla ice cream cone!”

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2209]
K9 Ally and her handler, Deputy Justin Williams successfully tracked the missing dementia sufferer.

They then revealed that the demand for the kits has gone through the roof since the news broke.
The kits generally include a jar, a gauze pad and tamper-proof tape. People are instructed to swipe the gauze under
their arms and bottle it.
It can hold a person’s scent for up to seven years...'
SOURCE:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Neat story minusculebeercheers

I figure if I ever disappear ..... I may not want to be found tinyinbiglove
(07-30-2017, 02:02 PM)727Sky Wrote: Neat story minusculebeercheers

I figure if I ever disappear ..... I may not want to be found tinyinbiglove

Deodorant...?
Old Spice or Brut, that keeps the women off, so I guess the hounds will stay away too!!
(Crap! I just nobody thinks I'm matching dogs with... be quiet BIAD... just be quiet)
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
No wonder no one had come up with this idea until recently... it was too simple.  tinyfunny

Humans tend to make everything too complicated.   Great idea!   minusculethumbsup