Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
‘Strange’ signals
First let me say, I'm Very, Very Surprised i Beat Mystic Wanderer to posting this,,,,, She must be Napping! tinylaughing

This is kind of exciting, they may have actually heard some sort of Alien Communication.
Quote:FREQUENCY FLIERS 
‘Strange’ signals that appear to be coming from a star close to Earth may have been sent by ALIENS, scientists say
[Image: 2220199.main_image.jpg?strip=all&w=620&quality=100]
Quote:Astronomers picked up the communications in May and have refused to rule out the possibility they were sent by extraterrestrials
smallawesome mediumalien

Quote:STARGAZERS have received “some very peculiar signals” while observing a distant dwarf star.

Experts listening in at the Arecibo Observatory were on a planet-spotting mission when the strange “pulses” came over the radio between April and May.

However, while boffins have not ruled out the possibility that the signals were produced by aliens, it’s not currently the top theory about their origin.
It wasn’t until two weeks after the project finished that they noticed the strange signalswhich came from Ross 128 (GJ447), some 11 light years away, on 12 May at 1.53 AM (BST).

Ross 128 is a small red dwarf that is the 12th closest star to Earth – which makes it very close indeed when compared to the billions and billions of other suns out there in the universe.

“We believe that the signals are not local radio frequency interferences (RFI) since they are unique to Ross 128 and observations of other stars immediately before and after did not show anything similar,” wrote Professor Abel Mendez in a blogpost last week.

The planetary astrobiologist and Nasa fellow who is based at the University of Puerto Rico believes there could be three explanations for the strange noises.
One possibility is a series of solar flare emissions from the star.
Go to the Link Here: Source  and hear what they heard and read the rest of the article!
Yes it's pretty CooL!  minusculebiggrin
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
In an AMC show I'm watching now (TURN - Washington's Spies) there was a moment that I think speaks to this. The wife of a spy is in camp with Washington's army but has to use a fake name so she doesn't blow her husband's cover. She's walking with her child and another lady is calling her by her fake name to get her attention (to no avail). She has spent her entire life knowing her name so it's just human nature to not realize the other as your own (and react). 

I think we've picked up signals before (yes, the ones they actually tell us they are looking for, not the ones from the SSP on mars  tinycool ) but we are just so accustomed to how WE view signals and communication that we'd never even turn around to notice...
Dang it, this computer program won't let me listen to the video, even though I clicked to allow it.   :smallimpatient: 

It's been 'one of those days' for me. Nothing seems to be working right.  Did Mercury go retrograde, or something?   tinybighuh 

Well, that's pretty cool stuff, for sure, if it's from 'aliens'.  Maybe a touch of soft disclosure?
(07-18-2017, 12:50 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Dang it, this computer program won't let me listen to the video, even though I clicked to allow it.   :smallimpatient: 

It's been 'one of those days' for me. Nothing seems to be working right.  Did Mercury go retrograde, or something?   tinybighuh 

Well, that's pretty cool stuff, for sure, if it's from 'aliens'.  Maybe a touch of soft disclosure?
@"Mystic Wanderer"  OK, here you go, You can listen to you tube I hope.
Thanks for the video Ms. @"guohua".

That sounds pretty freaky.   tinysurprised   I hope the scientists can decode the frequency and let us know what they're saying.   tinywondering
You Know,,,,,,, it could have been our Secret Space Fleet using Encrypted FTL (faster than light) radio burst asking for supplies.
Just A thought!  mediumwink
It reminds me of the noises that  insects make, like grasshopers, locusts, cicadas...

I wonder does the sound repeat, not as in a second time being played, a natural repetition ?  Like is their a pattern recognition in it ?

allusion
             Private Language 
Philosophical Investigations (aka PI)
We need judy faltskog on this one.
mediumfacepalm
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(07-21-2017, 11:54 AM)allusion Wrote: It reminds me of the noises that  insects make, like grasshopers, locusts, cicadas...

I wonder does the sound repeat, not as in a second time being played, a natural repetition ?  Like is their a pattern recognition in it ?

allusion

I don't know, but it's a good question.
They didn't give enough information did they?
(07-21-2017, 12:44 PM)BIAD Wrote: We need judy faltskog on this one.
mediumfacepalm

That was Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Very Interesting.
Thank You,,,,,,