Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Internet Neutrality
I've heard Alex Jones speaking a lot lately about how the 'elite' are trying to block the alternative news media, which are mostly the only ones telling the truth in the political world.  Google is placing anything that speaks good of President Trump so far down in their search engine, a person would have to go through many pages to find it. 
They have outright banned Alex Jones' Info Wars and some other alternative news sites, and now, You Tube is doing some heavy censoring of the alternative media too.  They don't list anything in their "recently uploaded" list that has to do with Right-wing news; you have to know the title and look for it yourself.

Now we come to Internet Neutrality. The big companies are trying to charge the customer for what they want to see!

Here is an article and video: Here’s how the internet’s net neutrality day of action unfolded.  Article Link

Here is what a FB friend of mine had to say:

When you go online you have certain expectations. You expect to be connected to whatever website you want. You expect that your cable or phone company isn’t messing with the data and is connecting you to all websites, applications and content you choose. You expect to be in control of your internet experience.

When you use the internet you expect Net Neutrality.

Net Neutrality is the basic principle that prohibits internet service providers like AT&T, Comcast and Verizon from speeding up, slowing down or blocking any content, applications or websites you want to use. Net Neutrality is the way that the internet has always worked.

So, in other words, without net neutrality, you would end up paying more for different internet "services."

Want to use Facebook, Youtube, google, and Hulu? That requires our premium package, pay $59.99 a month. However, if you want to access ReddiT, 4chan, etc, then you will need our elite package at $79.99 a month.

It also means the government can censor what is shown on the internet.

It appears they are getting desperate to keep the truth from us, and control what we see.
How many people can afford these charges on top of everything else it costs to make ends meet?  Not many in the average family, I think.

Here is a graphic that shows what we would have to pay.

(click to enlarge)

[Image: Internet_Neutrality_Costs.jpg]

It's time to write our Congress, Senators, and anyone else who needs to hear our voice.  Send a letter to the FCC here: This is a battle for the future of the internet

Thoughts?
I can appreciate concerns of an information conduit that purveys data such as real names
and addresses for the express intent of ridicule, physical injury or harassment.

I also understand that if information is provided on a website is put there with the wish
to physically effect a community of any kind, it should be deleted and a law enforcement
agency should be notified about those who posted the information.

But ideas, points of view and political leanings should never be dragged into a position where
feelings of it's viewers/readers should be taken into consideration.

I don't look for websites where goats are dressed-up as humans and... nothing happens.
If physical harm was happening to the goats, then fair enough and there's a law against it,
close it down.

If you -Mystic had a different view of life to myself and were unable to find any middle ground,
then we or one of us would no longer debate or we would leave the site.
As long as no 'real-world' physical harm was being supported by either site-member, then it would
be merely the difference of opinions that we all hold, that was a negative.

A person using the internet doesn't have to watch Alex Jones or any other websites that discuss
and provide alternative news, there is such a thing as self-responsibility.

If one side says something and another faction says the opposite, one can be right or wrong and
both can be right or wrong. It's the forum of debate where real progress is made, not by shutting
down websites because a certain section of society doesn't agree with them.

That's the act of oppression and I would add that it's also an indicator that the oppressor's view
may be doubtful.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
I agree @"BIAD".   I see it as another way the deep state is trying to control the media and what goes into the mind of the masses. 

Got to mind control the sheeple out there if they expect to stay in power, right?   smallnotamused
(07-13-2017, 09:52 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I agree @"BIAD".   I see it as another way the deep state is trying to control the media and what goes into the mind of the masses. 

Got to mind control the sheeple out there if they expect to stay in power, right?   smallnotamused

Yep... and because nobody in the MSM is countering it -as a rational body would do, it shows
that they're behind it because it suits them. Another sign of weakness in their narrative.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe.