Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jude's Not so Excellent adventure...
You did a great job with the interviews @"Jude".  I shared the video to our FB and Twitter pages.  I hope this helps, and I hope everyone gets some help today. 

tinycrying
(07-10-2017, 02:35 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: You did a great job with the interviews @"Jude".  I shared the video to our FB and Twitter pages.  I hope this helps, and I hope everyone gets some help today. 

tinycrying
Thank you.

Well, I am back at the hotel and doing ok. Wife is in good spirits as well.

The issue I noticed at the EVAC station was Red Cross. They registered, took names, addresses etc. No bank account information from us whatsoever. How are they going to provide with the funds they promised? That's the question.

Did the CTV interview this morning after handing over my interview vid. Many have seen it on tv but I haven't as of yet. One good thing came of it tho. A radio station from Vancouver contacted me and are asking for a live interview tomorrow that will also be heard across Canada. You can see the reporter in the comment section of the YT vid.

I'll keep all posted as it becomes solid rather than fluid.

Thanks again everyone.

Jude
(07-11-2017, 02:42 AM)Jude Wrote:
(07-10-2017, 02:35 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: You did a great job with the interviews @"Jude".  I shared the video to our FB and Twitter pages.  I hope this helps, and I hope everyone gets some help today. 

tinycrying
Thank you.

Well, I am back at the hotel and doing ok. Wife is in good spirits as well.

The issue I noticed at the EVAC station was Red Cross. They registered, took names, addresses etc. No bank account information from us whatsoever. How are they going to provide with the funds they promised? That's the question.

Did the CTV interview this morning after handing over my interview vid. Many have seen it on tv but I haven't as of yet. One good thing came of it tho. A radio station from Vancouver contacted me and are asking for a live interview tomorrow that will also be heard across Canada. You can see the reporter in the comment section of the YT vid.

I'll keep all posted as it becomes solid rather than fluid.

Thanks again everyone.

Jude
We are all praying sending you energy and strength.
Glad to hear your wife is doing good and Standing Strong with you.
I do know how stressful this all must be.

Give the politicians Hell during that interview.
Wishing you all the very best.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
What do You Think?

I only ask because I have confidence in the brain trust of fellow Rogues.

I'm publishing in a few minutes.

Jude
(07-11-2017, 09:40 AM)Jude Wrote: What do You Think?

I only ask because I have confidence in the brain trust of fellow Rogues...

Hi Jude and keep the faith, man.

The logistics of dealing money out in these cases are designed and perceived by groups who assume one situation
is very like another. Those who organise emergency funds have access to ATMs and bank accounts, ergo so do the
people needing the money.
That's how little they look into the actual multi-faceted situation.

Dignity doesn't sell well on television for a particular class of person, (I don't mean to seem heartless there, Jude)...
I see it used here in the UK and I personally believe dignity is only approached if it holds political merit and usually,
it's just word-play by either an official spokesman or the media outlet itself.

The Reporter needed to relate to the viewer that those in power had set-aside monies for such disasters, but what you
actually do with it was just a vehicle to show the caring notion exists... not whether it works or not.

What p*sses me off is the lack of concern from the Government -even if it just meant a pass-through with updates
and questions to answer about your situation. The media did it!

I hope things improve and BIAD and myself are praying that your restaurant and home are spared the fire.
Christy Clark wants her ass kicking.

I know this is too late, but it's said there's another meeting in coming days.
MEETING:

I don't know if this assists too.

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
@"Jude" 
Good video, it's Honest and It's REAL!
Actual Emotion and Concern not only for yourself but for everyone.
minusculegoodjob
(07-11-2017, 09:40 AM)Jude Wrote: What do You Think?

I only ask because I have confidence in the brain trust of fellow Rogues.

I'm publishing in a few minutes.

Jude

Explanation: I liked it and I commented ... [as follows] ...

Quote:Struth mate! You hang in there ok! From Australia @ Canada ... "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ! And @ Christy Clark ... WTF? STOP with the 'nanny state' and cough up the cold hard cash quickly to your fellow Canadians OK! Be Fair Dinkum Now! Why cant Canadian Banks take the Canadian Red Cross 'food-stamps' etc and swap them directly for cash? Or don't they trust the the Canadian Government and the Canadian Red Cross to pay them back? Print more of the Loony if you must! The USA printed TRILLIONS! Take a slight hit to inflation i.e. What is a 36 billion Loony's in comparison to Canada's GDP of 1.5 trillion Loony's? You do the maths but its less than 2.5% and would give EVERY Canadian 1000 Loony's each to inject into Canada's economy, most of which comes back in sales taxes when its spent, and you and your party's next election would be almost ensured! You KNOW it makes sense! Otherwise I'm boycotting mayple syrup until they get paid!

Personal Disclosure: I hope that helps. minusculebeercheers
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
Great Job on the video. You are the VOICE that hopefully will get the ball rolling on receiving help for the evacuees. 
Keep strong my friend.   minusculeclap

So, I saw on the radio article in the print that they have a place for people to donate.  That needs to be brought to the awareness of people here.  I hope anyone who can help will donate whatever they can spare.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3591823/b-c-wi...ief-money/

http://globalnews.ca/news/3584929/b-c-wi...-can-help/
Great interview... Again!   minusculeknocks

By the way, do you know if SOL lives close to these fires?
(07-12-2017, 05:20 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: So, I saw on the radio article in the print that they have a place for people to donate.  That needs to be brought to the awareness of people here.  I hope anyone who can help will donate whatever they can spare.

I'm in another province, very, very far from the fires.

But I do feel for Jude, his family, his friends and his community.

It's gonna take a while before they get help from the government. The communities stand together when disaster strike though and I do hope that theirs stick with helping out and reaching out.

It's absolutely terrible what is happening over there.

:(

~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(07-14-2017, 09:03 PM)Sol Wrote:
(07-12-2017, 05:20 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: So, I saw on the radio article in the print that they have a place for people to donate.  That needs to be brought to the awareness of people here.  I hope anyone who can help will donate whatever they can spare.

I'm in another province, very, very far from the fires.

But I do feel for Jude, his family, his friends and his community.

It's gonna take a while before they get help from the government. The communities stand together when disaster strike though and I do hope that theirs stick with helping out and reaching out.

It's absolutely terrible what is happening over there.

:(

That's just Criminal!
No reason for such a long wait!  minusculenonono
@"Jude".  Have you heard any news or updates on how extinguishing the fires are going? 
Or, any news yet on the area where you live?
The entire situation went insane in the last 2 days. Now 28,000 evac'd. 10,000 just last night. The winds came up on the weekend, spread, reand came back.

Here is what I woke up to this morning in our Evac area. Getting the order to move again.

[Image: 20170716_103233.jpg]

[Image: 20170716_103247.jpg]

This is the other side last night. Got this from some hikers:

[Image: bc_fires2_jpg_size_custom_crop_850x561.jpg]

Time for that shot.
(07-16-2017, 07:12 PM)Jude Wrote: The entire situation went insane in the last 2 days. Now 28,000 evac'd. 10,000 just last night. The winds came up on the weekend, spread, reand came back.

Here is what I woke up to this morning in our Evac area. Getting the order to move again.

[Image: 20170716_103233.jpg]

[Image: 20170716_103247.jpg]

This is the other side last night. Got this from some hikers:

[Image: bc_fires2_jpg_size_custom_crop_850x561.jpg]

Time for that shot.

That's so terrible!  You might have to move in with Sol for a while.  (Just kidding). 

I'm going to focus on rain for your area, and if others will help me, we can create that big rain cloud right over where you are.  Thoughts manifest into reality. The more thoughts going out, the quicker and easier it will be.   :smallwink:
That looks Really bad and Close.
We're just so very sorry to hear you have to move again.
But then, just maybe you'll be closer to the registration center.

What a waste, all those homes and businesses and of-course any human life lost and the animals.

I heard these fires where started by Lighting Strikes.
You need Rain with out Thunder & lightning.
I don't know My Friend Jude, But it might help to tell the people at the Registration Office that you have Syrian Refugees among you.
It would seem Christy Clark loves them, she has in the past (2015) pledge 1 Million Dollars to help them get settled, I read where that worked out to be about $35,000 per refugee family in the first year.

You guys are getting the Shity Eat Of The Stick My Husband Said.
Jude,
I'm sorry you are going through this.  I haven't heard a word about this here in MI.
Great job on the video though, and I really hope this helps all of you affected get the help you need.
(07-17-2017, 12:42 AM)Chiefsmom Wrote: Jude,
I'm sorry you are going through this.  I haven't heard a word about this here in MI.
Great job on the video though, and I really hope this helps all of you affected get the help you need.

Hey! A friendly voie from the past. :)

Yeah, shit situation but we'll get through it. Canucks are tough. tinylaughing

Nice of you to stop by the thread and I look forward to many conversations in the future with you. Just gotta get through this first. There are more vids on that channel if you want to stop by for them.

Take care and again, nice to re-connect.

Jude
@"Jude"  Do you know where they are moving you to yet?