Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Incredible graveyard of
OK, did the Title at the top get you to click here?  minusculebiggrin

I have found an article that just might interest some of you.
Here you go, the full Title.

Quote:Incredible graveyard of 5000-year-old 'giants' found in China  

Cool, Yes?
[Image: TELEMMGLPICT000133771240-large_trans_NvB...3reVA.jpeg]

Quote:Agraveyard of 'giants' buried 5,000 years ago has been uncovered by archaeologists in eastern China.

The men, whose bones were discovered in Jiaojia village near Jinan City in Shandong province, would have towered above many of their contemporaries.
Quote:Many of the men discovered in the graveyard measured 1.8 metres (5ft 11in) tall and would have seemed like giants to the average person 5,000 years ago.
One of the men in the ancient burial ground measured 1.9 metres (6ft 3in), making him a 'giant' of his day.
“This is just based on the bone structure. If he was a living person his height would certainly exceed 1.9 metres,” Fang Hui, head of Shandong University's school of history and culture, told China Daily.

Quote:Archaeologists say their large tombs suggest they were likely considered powerful, high status individuals who had access to better food than the average person.

But what made them so tall? “Already agricultural at that time, people had diverse and rich food resources and thus their physique changed,” Fang Hui explained.

Today, men aged 18 living in the region have an average height of 1.753 metres (5ft 9ins), which is higher than the national average of 1.72 metres (5ft 8ins).

Archaeologists have discovered a number of artefacts at the site from the Longshan Culture, renowned for its eggshell black pottery, from the Neolithic period.

They began excavating the ruins of 104 houses, 205 graves and 20 sacrificial pits in the village last year, China Daily reports.
Source
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
5'11"  was a giant back then?   tinysurprised  I'm 5'9" when I wear a 2" heel shoe!   tinylaughing
(07-05-2017, 10:53 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: 5'11"  was a giant back then?   tinysurprised  I'm 5'9" when I wear a 2" heel shoe!   tinylaughing

Your Average Chinese was not much if even at all Five Foot Tall.
Many today in South China are still short, Four Foot Nine Inches to Five Foot Four Inches Tall.

China, People's Republic 
167.1 cm (5 ft 6 in)
155.8 cm (5 ft 1 1/2 in)

China
Mainland

172.1 cm (5 ft 8 in)
160.1 cm (5 ft 3 in)

China
People's Republic of-Urban

170.2 cm (5 ft 7 in)
158.6 cm (5 ft 2 1/2 in)

China
People's Republic of-Rural

166.3 cm (5 ft 5 1/2 in)
157.0 cm (5 ft 2 in)

China
People's Republic of-Beijing

174.7 cm (5 ft 9 in)
161.3 cm (5 ft 3 1/2 in)21

China
People's Republic of-Sichuan

169.2 cm (5 ft 6 1/2 in)
158.2 cm (5 ft 2 1/2 in)

Link
There is an article with this video, but I can't copy/paste anything here, so you'll have to click on the link to read it:
Click here to read the article

That is interesting isn't it @"Mystic Wanderer" ?
I've heard that the Smithsonian Institution is hiding bones of giants.

Have you heard anymore about your Nazca Mummies?
(08-17-2017, 11:49 PM)guohua Wrote: That is interesting isn't it @"Mystic Wanderer" ?
I've heard that the Smithsonian Institution is hiding bones of giants.

Have you heard anymore about your Nazca Mummies?

@"guohua", yes, they have had a few more shows since I posted, but they are speaking in Spanish (I think), so I have no idea what they said.  I think there is a place to get the transcript on GAIA, but I haven't yet.