Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump Revives
Yes, yes, Yes Wait For It!!!!!

Quote:Trump Revives 1960s-Era Space Council
Damn good idea, I think, let's get this started again.
I know the Chinese, Japanese and Russians are looking to put humans back on the moon by 2020.
I do think the Aliens have lifted their Ban on Humans now visiting and occupying the moon.
The alien's may have vacated.

But We Need To be there, you agree?

Quote:President Donald Trump signed an executive order Friday to re-establish the National Space Council, reviving an entity that was formed during the 1960s race between the U.S. and the Soviet Union to reach the moon first.

The council, to be led by Vice President Mike Pence, will be a forum to shape the Trump administration’s approach to space as private-sector companies including Elon Musk’s SpaceX and Jeff Bezos’s Blue Origin emerge as significant players.

“Space exploration is not only essential to our character as a nation but our economy and our great nation’s security,” Trump said Friday at a White House signing ceremony, adding, “I think privatization of certain aspects is going to play an important role.”

Though Trump hasn’t yet filled a vacancy for NASA administrator, the council could set a new direction for the space program, said Phil Larson, an assistant dean at the University of Colorado Boulder’s College of Engineering and Applied Science and an Obama White House space policy official.

“If they develop a national space policy that grows opportunities in the commercial sector and extends more agile, entrepreneurial, and innovative space capabilities to the national security realm, taxpayers will benefit and our country could be safer as a result,” Larson said.
Read the rest of the article here: Source

[Image: tumblr_n3gu61uX0H1s7y8efo1_400.gif]
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Here is another plan I am in agreement with.

Quote:NASA Revives Plan to Put Nuclear Reactors on Mars

I think that'll solve a lot of problems with heating and supplying power.
Quote:As NASA makes plans to one day send humans to Mars, one of the key technical gaps the agency is working to fill is how to provide enough power on the Red Planet’s surface for fuel production, habitats, and other equipment.

One option: small nuclear fission reactors, which work by splitting uranium atoms to generate heat, which is then converted into electric power.

NASA’s technology development branch has been funding a project called Kilopower for three years, with the aim of demonstrating the system at the Nevada National Security Site near Las Vegas. Testing is due to start in September and end in January 2018.

The last time NASA tested a fission reactor was during the 1960s' Systems for Nuclear Auxiliary Power, or SNAP, program, which developed two types of nuclear power systems. The first system — radioisotope thermoelectric generators, or RTGs — taps heat released from the natural decay of a radioactive element, such as plutonium.
RTGs have powered dozens of space probes over the years, including the Curiosity rover currently exploring Mars.
Source
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]