Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Legend of the Underground City Beneath Death Valley
Now this one will make you wonder if it's true.
My husband tells me the Desert especially, the Mojave Desert Holds lot's of Secrets and the Look of the desert can change after a dust storm or a Monsoon Rain.
[Image: deathvalley_jlzid2.jpg]
So could not only the Indians (Paiute) tribe but a couple of white men have actually found the entrance and then lost it?

Quote:The story is well-known today among the descendants of the Paiutes and it is how the undergrown city got its name. While there have been some research done inside the tunnels and caverns, very little is known about the ancient secret underground.

An Indian guide from the 1920s named Tom Wilson told that his grandfather discovered catacombs below the ground in the area. After walking for miles in the labyrinth of strange caves that lie beneath the valley floor, he discovered the underground city where people were living. They spoke an unknown language and wore leather-like clothing.

Two men by the name of White and Thomason claimed that they fell through the bottom of an old mine shaft near Wingate Pass and found themselves inside a natural underground cavern that went on for 20 miles. The men discovered several perfectly preserved mummies that were dressed in fine clad leather and wearing thick gold armbands.

Beside of the mummies laid spears made out of gold. The city had been abandoned for centuries and except for the mummies, the underground system appeared to be untouched. T
here was an ingenious system of lights that were fed by subterranean gases. And there have been claims that people have seen a large polished table that could have been part of an ancient council chamber.

White and Thomason tried to gain assistance in order to explore the caverns further however when a friend stole their treasure, which was the only piece that they had taken from the caverns, they were rejected by scientists who wanted to see proof. When White and Thomason attempted to lead the scientists to the mine entrance, it wasn’t there. A recent cloudburst had altered and rearranged the entire countryside and the landscape didn’t look anything like it had before.

This unsolved ancient mystery still hasn’t been found and no one knows for sure if the Underground City of Shin-Au-AV really does exist.
The actual story as to how the Cavern got it's name is above the above quote. Here: Source  and again here: Source
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
From what I've read about the MoJave Desert, it's full of high-strangeness... portals everywhere. 

Could it be that the men walked through a time portal that closed after they came out?