Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
James Comey's Testimony Posted Online A Day Early.
Sky News:

Ex-FBI head James Comey: Trump urged me to let go of Flynn case.
The fired FBI boss says in testimony that the President asked him to drop
an investigation into his national security adviser.

'Sacked FBI Director James Comey has revealed that President Donald Trump
asked him to drop an investigation into former National Security Adviser Michael
Flynn.

The revelation is contained in a written statement that Mr Comey will deliver on
Thursday to a Senate hearing investigating allegations of collusion between the
Trump campaign and Russian officials.

Mr Comey, who was fired by the president a month ago, describes a meeting
at the White House on Valentine's Day during which Trump brought up Mr Flynn.

"He is a good guy and has been through a lot," Mr Comey reports Trump as saying.
"I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go.
He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go."

Mr Flynn resigned after it was revealed he had misled the White House over
contacts with the Russian ambassador to the US.
Of Trump's words, Mr Comey writes: "It was very concerning, given the FBI's
role as an independent investigative agency."

The former director also describes a one-on-one dinner with Trump at the White
House a few days after the inauguration.
He said Trump told him: "I need loyalty, I expect loyalty."

"He then said 'I need loyalty.' I replied 'You will always get honesty from me'
He paused and then said 'That's what I want, honest loyalty.' I paused, and
then said 'You will get that from me'.

"It is possible that we understood the phrase "honest loyalty" differently
but I decided it wouldn't be productive to push it further."...'
SOURCE:

CNN:
James Comey testimony: Trump asked me to let Flynn investigation go.

'Former FBI Director James Comey will say Thursday that President Donald
Trump asked him about the former national security adviser Michael Flynn
and to "see your way clear to letting this go," according to a copy of his
opening remarks posted online.

"He then said, 'I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting
Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go,'" Comey said in remarks
posted on the website of the Senate intelligence committee.

"I replied only that 'he is a good guy.' (In fact, I had a positive experience dealing
with Mike Flynn when he was a colleague as Director of the Defense Intelligence
Agency at the beginning of my term at FBI.) I did not say I would 'let this go.'"

Comey's testimony was publicly released intentionally Wednesday by the Senate
intelligence committee at Comey's request, a Senate intelligence committee
source said. He is scheduled to give his testimony before the committee
Thursday...'
SOURCE:
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Then there's the 'other' headline grabbers...

The Independent Newspaper's header is this:
James Comey confirms Trump tried to make him drop Russia investigation.
SOURCE:
However, when you click on it...

James Comey confirms Trump tried to make him drop probe into Flynn's Russia
ties and pledge loyalty.

SOURCE:

NBC News sets off with a different angle.
Comey to Testify He Assured Trump He Was Not Personally Under Investigation.
SOURCE:

So it looks ominous for President Trump and as these reports confirm, he may have not
asked Comey to drop the Russian investigation, but it seems he did relay his hopes to the
ex-FBI Director that Flynn -who was sacked the day before, wouldn't take a hiding.

But wait...
The ABC website says:
'The Latest on fired FBI Director James Comey's prepared testimony for his scheduled appearance
Thursday before the Senate Intelligence committee (all times local):

A prominent law professor in Washington, D.C., says President Donald Trump's comments to James
Comey contained in the former FBI director's written testimony were inappropriate but not criminal.

Jonathan Turley, a law professor at George Washington University, says nothing he read in Comey's
statement persuades him that Trump violated the law by interfering with a federal investigation.

Turley was referring to the entirety of Comey's written statement, including his account of an Oval Office
meeting in which Trump asked Comey to drop the investigation of former National Security Adviser
Mike Flynn. Comey says Trump told him, "I hope you can let this go."

Turley says in an email that "the comments are grossly inappropriate," but that "we do not indict people
for being boorish or clueless."...'
SOURCE:

I'm starting to wonder if this whole thing is just something to keep the mainstream media in business!
OMG!  Some actual ammunition for the MSM to spew out for the next six months, even if it isn't a 'criminal' act.  They will find a way to use it to the fullest, I'm sure.  tinysure  This will be the main thing pointed out, and all the good he does will go in silence. tinycrying

I think I'll just avoid the media for a couple of weeks until this dies down; my mind can't take much more Trump bashing.
And ????? Nothing new .... same old fucking leftist bastards butthurt they got thrown out on their fucking asses spouting the same old tired fucking lies and propaganda ..... meh ....  *gives leftists international gesture of greeting .... *
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

Comey orchestrated a leak.

'...Mr. Comey acknowledged that he orchestrated the leak that revealed his account of his conversation
with Mr. Trump in which the president asked him to drop the investigation into the former national security
adviser.

Mr. Comey said he decided to make the conversation public through an intermediary after Mr. Trump
said on Twitter that the former F.B.I. director had better hope there were no tapes of their discussions.
He said he did so with the explicit hope of prompting the appointment of a special counsel to investigate
Russian election interference.

“I woke up in the middle of the night on Monday night, ‘cause it didn’t dawn on me originally that there
might be corroboration for our conversation; there might be a tape,” Mr. Comey said, referring to May 15.

“And my judgment was I needed to get that out in the public square so I asked a friend of mine to share the
content of the memo with a reporter. Didn’t do it myself for a variety of reasons but I asked him to because
I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel. So I asked a close friend of mine to do it.”

An article about the memo was published online by The New York Times on May 16, and in the newspaper
the next day. The story attributed the information to “two people who read the memo” without naming them.

Questioned by Senator Susan Collins, Republican of Maine, Mr. Comey did not identify the friend by name
but said he is a professor at Columbia University.
Daniel Richman, a law professor at Columbia, confirmed Thursday that he was the close friend who served
as intermediary...'
SOURCE:

Very professional.
mediumfacepalm
I watched several different news sources about Comey's testimony yesterday, and most all of them said Comey had hurt himself; actually, perjured himself. They also said he did several other things that should land him in jail, but I just woke up, so I need my coffee before trying to remember it all. We'll have to wait and see if anything happens concerning that.

So, first thing I see on Yahoo news (my home page) when I got on the computer is this headline at the top of the screen:

[Image: Comeys_words.jpg]

But then, when you open the article, of course it reads differently...

Quote:WASHINGTON (AP) -- For three hours, former FBI Director James Comey leveled an unrelenting attack on the credibility of the president of the United States.

And then, we have this:

Quote:The White House's statements were "lies, plain and simple." Comey took notes on their conversations because he worried the president "might lie" later. After a while, he said, he so distrusted the man running the country that he did not want to be left alone with him.

Source

I watched Comey's testimony, and I don't recall him ever saying "he so distrusted the man running the country that he did not want to be left alone with him".
He did say something about not wanting to be left alone with him, but not in the words the AP reported above.  They have to make it sound as bad as possible, right?

And here is another article where Trump declares victory, but the Press don't see it that way:

Quote:President Trump took to Twitter early Friday to declare victory in his war of words with James Comey, denouncing the FBI director he fired as a liar and a “leaker” based on Comey’s damaging testimony about their interactions.

But, in a leap of logic that left observers puzzled, he also claimed “vindication” on the basis of the same testimony.
“Despite so many false statements and lies, total and complete vindication…and WOW, Comey is a leaker!” Trump tweeted.

Trump’s claim of vindication contrasts sharply with most legal analysts’ takeaway from the testimony. Both the New York Times and Washington Post ran front-page stories Friday raising the prospect of an obstruction of justice investigation.

Source

Obstruction of justice? 
Well, maybe, but I think the focus RIGHT NOW should be on Comey being a "leaker", which is a felony offense.  They are both calling the other a "liar", so unless there ARE tapes, this could drag out for many months in an investigation that WE have to pay for.

And then along came Jones... Alex Jones.   tinybiggrin
I think they break it down the best...

Even though Hillary called out "when they go high, we go low" -which in itself, sounds
sinister, I think what the game-plan for Trump's opposition is "What we do wrong, we
say they did it"!

I'll have to make a list of the accusations and the outcome of each.
(06-09-2017, 05:40 PM)BIAD Wrote: Even though Hillary called out "when they go high, we go low" -which in itself, sounds
sinister, I think what the game-plan for Trump's opposition is "What we do wrong, we
say they did it"!

I'll have to make a list of the accusations and the outcome of each.

That sounds like a good plan.

See  you in a few months.   tinylaughing
My Husband said Comey sounded like a Whiny Little Girly-Man.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Quote:WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on President Donald Trump and former FBI Director James Comey (all times local):
3:30 p.m.

President Donald Trump says he's "100 percent" willing to testify under oath about his interactions with fired FBI director James Comey.
Trump insists that Comey lied in some parts of the testimony he gave Thursday to the Senate intelligence committee. Comey testified under oath.
Trump says that he never asked Comey for a pledge of loyalty and never told Comey he hoped the investigation of former national security adviser Michael Flynn would go away.

He says nobody would ask a man he hardly knew to pledge loyalty to him.
___
3:24 p.m.
President Donald Trump has criticized TV news channels and called them "killer networks that treat me so badly as fake news."
Trump was speaking at a news conference Friday at the White House with Romania's president.

Trump chose to take a question after his criticism of TV networks from Jonathan Karl of ABC News. Karl asked him about the Senate testimony Thursday of fired FBI Director James Comey. The former FBI director said the president had told lies.

There is a video on the source article page that I can't embed here, if you would like to watch it.  President Trump seems quite confident as he says Comey lied under oath. Source Article
Here is something else Comey covered up... 47 hard drives with personal details of American citizens; that's 600,000,000 documents Folks that proved Obama was spying on us! 
Dennis Montgomery showed some evidence of this to Sheriff Arpaio four years ago, but nothing ever came of it. Could it be because Obama was in office at that time? 
Ya think?!   tinyok

[Image: Comey_buried_docs.jpg]

Here is a link to some of the documents: LINK

ETA: Just came across this interesting tid bit.  This is from Jim Stone:

Quote:BLOCKBUSTER: MY "MAIN CORE" REPORT FROM 4 YEARS AGO IS NOW PROVEN ACCURATE TO THE LETTER

4 years ago I published a report that detailed the plan to use the NSA to gather key facts on 20 plus million Americans so they could be quickly rounded up and killed. AS IT TURNS OUT, COMEY JUST GOT BUSTED FOR DOING EXACTLY THAT, and the main core report was accurate to the letter.

It is not wrong at all for me to say this is proof that this web site is far ahead of the curve, and does not publish click bait bull. If it is said here, it is a legitimate warning, and the main core report is now concrete solid proof.
Source

So, according to this write up, if Hillary had won, the information collected on the people would let her know who was against her so she could round us up and kill us, just like she does to all her enemies.  Are you democrats out there seeing who you voted for?  tinyok

From The Guardian.

'Donald Trump survived Comey's testimony, but the fallout could be fatal.'

Nice header for reader-ratings, but already the narrative is set at 'Trump=Evil, The Established=Good'

It implies that the given-situation is that the President is a Russian spy and making jobs, increasing the
value of the dollar and cutting Government waste is done so at the behest of Vladimir Putin.
This malicious hotel-owner seeks to do bad things because... because the writer doesn't like him and
Hillary Clinton lost the election.

Ex-Director of the FBI, James Comey is the Knight in this story. He -along with his people and the
opposing parties of Donald Trump, always-always tell the truth and have never committed any crimes.

'...The former FBI director threw out a trail of clues for the special counsel to follow in the Trump-Russia
investigation, which looks set to shadow his presidency...'

Because regardless of word-smithing a setting of intrigue and importance from a fictional novel, this writer
is telling the reader that James Comey not only had the honour of running an agency that was set-out to
investigate federal crime and protect the people of the United States, he would only relate 'clues' at an
official Hearing and not just tell the plain truth.
Nice.

'...At 10.20pm, Kellyanne Conway wandered in from the landscaped gardens of the British ambassador’s
residence, built in the 1920s and resembling an English country house in the heart of Washington.
An Andy Warhol portrait of the Queen watched from above the ornate fireplace as results of the British
election flashed up on a giant TV screen...'

Mother-Of God, whatever happened to reporting? This painting of surroundings isn't needed unless the
writer is... why, Great Scott...! more of the backdrop of a favoured narrative! Are you setting up the reader
by providing needless badinage to imply fairness with an ulterior motive of being cruel to the person in
question? No... that would be unethical.

'...Conway, a senior adviser at the White House, could not quite escape questions about former FBI director
James Comey’s testimony earlier in the day. Donald Trump had “never intended to tweet” during the session,
she told the Guardian, with a dismissive air that implied he had much better things to do...'

'Dismissive' -or Ms. Conway possibly didn't trust the eager Journalists who waited whilst she perused the
landscaped gardens of the British ambassador’s residence? 'Escape'...? Isn't that the act associated with
someone fleeing a crime? Wow, you're suggestiveness knows no bounds.

By the way, the subtle hint of insult that an established high-moral, higher-civilised 'John-Bull-British' residence
is somehow sullied by a 'New-World'-colonist Andy Warhol rendering of a British monarch and used  for
symbolism purposes to reflect Ms. Conway out-of-place at the Ambassadors' home...
It hasn't gone unnoticed.

'...But the president, who broke his Twitter silence less than eight hours later, may be in a similar position to
Theresa May. He survived for sure, but with a self-inflicted wound that could yet prove mortal.
Comey threw out a trail of clues for special counsel Robert Mueller to follow in his investigation of Trump’s
alleged collusion with Russia, which looks set to shadow his presidency for years...'

So let's get this straight. Comey testified under oath that several times he told the President that he wasn't
under any type of investigation regarding Russian hacking. But it seems here in this article that not only did
Donald Trump fail somehow by not adhering to an imagined Twitter-time curfew, he also survived something
he wasn't involved in.

On the plus-side, this piece of spoliation continued the narrative of using 'Trump' and 'Russia' in the same
sentence. So I guess when Hillary stops coughing green phelgm up, there'll be a cheque on it's way to The
Guardian writer.

'...“History will remember it as a significant inflection point,” said Norm Eisen, former ethics czar under Barack
Obama. “We’ve had leaked and hearsay evidence before but now, for the first time, we had direct evidence
of obstruction of justice. It was a giant step forward towards accountability for Trump, but there will be many
more giant steps necessary.”...'

Mr. Eisen wasn't at the Hearing and regardless of your fuzzy attempts at averting the reader's concern that it
was James Comey who admitted to leaking classified informmation to the media via a friend, your narrative
fails.

I agree that Mr. Comey's theatrical ''I'm-the-victim-here' performance did go some way to assisting to illuminate
the dark and shadowy trail of how politicians have been using Government agencies for their own nefarious
deeds. (See...? anyone can type manipulative bullsh'*t)
However, he isn't the same as the average citizen and enjoys the royal allowances afforded to those who he's
assisted in politics. So leaking classified information doesn't mean he'll go to jail for that crime.
Thus is the Establishment.

'...What Comey did not say may ultimately prove as telling as what he did during his blockbuster questioning
by members of the Senate intelligence committee...'

Holy-crap, Batman...this writer KNOWS what Comey refused to tell the Committee!

'...Although he declined to describe Trump’s plea on behalf of Michael Flynn as obstruction of justice, Comey
made the first public suggestion that Mueller will investigate the president himself. “That’s a conclusion that I’m
sure the special counsel will work towards to try and understand what the intention was there and whether that’s
an offence,” he said...'

Robert Mueller will investigate a suggestion. The new FBI Director will do what this writer is stating -that Comey
never said and by using an out-of-context sentence, the same scribe reinforces that the vodka-drinking Trump
will be held accountable and then smarter-minds can work out if his non-actions are offences.

'...Republicans seized on Comey’s remark that Trump is not “literally” under a counterintelligence investigation
and was content for his “satellites” to be scrutinised if necessary. But when the ex-FBI director was asked if the
direction of the investigation could include the president, he carefully replied: “As I explained, the concern of one
of my senior leader colleagues was, if you’re looking at potential coordination between the campaign and Russia,
the person at the head of the campaign is the candidate.

So, logically, this person argued, the candidate’s knowledge, understanding, will logically become a part of your
inquiry if it proceeds.”...'

Yep. That's a logical outcome... except the slightly-obscured caveat that the candidate is the leader and the leader
is guilty by default, is a bit much, don't you think?!

'...As for those satellites, Comey implied that Jeff Sessions, the attorney general, may have more links to Russia
than have already been established. Sessions announced his recusal from the investigation in March, under
pressure from revelations of previously undisclosed meetings with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak...'

Jeez, I wish James Comey hadn't just 'implied' or 'felt' all these things to the Committee and it will always be a
mystery why the same ex-FBI Director only imparted his beliefs to this writer! Maybe The Guardian should be
called before the Committee with the hopes that this matter of 'feelings' could be sorted out.
Let's not forget that we are now empowered with the knowledge that the FBI works off hunches, hopes and
presumption.

'...“Our judg[e]ment, as I recall, was that he [Sessions] was very close and inevitably going to recuse himself for a
variety of reasons,” Comey said. “We were also aware of facts that I can’t discuss in an open setting that would
make his continued engagement in a Russia-related investigation problematic.”...'
SOURCE:
(I corrected the misspelling of 'judgement' in the effort to show how everyone is fallible. I 'felt' it was the right
thing to do)

Revelations is a word that's used in the current media circles instead of 'biased guessing' For further details,
seek advice from The New York Times and CNN.

If Sessions is a Russian spy, why isn't he in prison? If he's leaking...sorry James, if he's handing over classified
information... sorry again James, giving State secrets to the Ruskies, where's the evidence and what sort of
damage is being done by not confronting Sessions?
Or would an outcome ruin the narrative?

I watched and listened to James Comey's testimony and even though he implied he was working off 'gut-instinct'
I would suggest that this Trump-hating article lies more towards the fecal outcome of a gut production.
There's more of the piece in the link, but in plain terms -and without the flowery decoration, it once again proves
to me that the Establishment care nothing for a self-benefitting unlawful act, but have more interest in the manner
the act is exposed.

The Credo: 'We only do wrong when we get caught doing it'
The Wishful Thinking of The Liberal-Progressive left.

Nothing To see here Move Along, Comey was proven to be a Paranoid Loser.
[Image: source.gif]
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]