Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Visa Applicants
Quote:Trump administration begins vetting social media profiles for visa applicants

GREAT, Idea!  minusculeclap
I don't think I would have Publicized it though for everyone to know. I mean can't you go and Sanitize, Delete and Clean your Social Media Pages to look more Normal or Pro-American?
But that actual idea is a good one I think to perform a thorough background check.

Quote:The Trump administration has implemented a new rule that allows officials to demand five years' worth of social media profiles and 15 years of biographical information as part of a visa application.

The rule, which ABC News previously reported the State Department was considering, took effect May 25 even as the president’s so-called travel ban remains tied up in the courts -- part of Trump’s push for “extreme vetting.”

Consular officers processing visa applicants at embassies around the world can now ask applicants for social media profiles from the last five years, prior passport numbers, greater detail about family members, and longer personal history, including travel, employment and residence for the last 15 years, instead of the last five that applicants were previously asked for.

The rule applies to “immigrant and nonimmigrant visa applicants who have been determined to warrant additional scrutiny in connection with terrorism or other national security-related visa ineligibilities,” according to the State Department.

The department estimated that this would affect 65,000 applicants a year, or 0.5 percent of all applicants -- “only a fraction of 1 percent of the more than 13 million annual visa applicants worldwide,” according to a statement.

Asked if there were other changes in the works, a State Department official told ABC News, “What we would emphasize is that this is a dynamic threat, we have to keep changing to keep up with it, and we’re constantly looking for ways to do that.”

Failure to provide all this new information will not necessarily result in visa denial, according to the State Department, and social media profiles "will not be used to deny visas based on applicants’ race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, political views, gender, or sexual orientation," it said.

It will be up to the individual consular officer screening the applicant to determine if he or she requires the additional questions.
Source
Currently, hasn't the terrorist that have infiltrated other countries the the UK and Britain, didn't they all have some form of terrorist affiliations discovered on the Social Media pages after they committed their Acts of Violence and Murder.
Of-Course, I read the comments from the Liberals.
They don't like it, Naturally they won't like anything Trump imposed and Naturally they Hate anything that would help keep American's Safe.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Awwww .... guess am fucked then as dont use social media..... an not about to fucking start using it .....  

Does that mean I cant go to amerika to get molested by the terrorist state agency now .......
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

Sounds good to me.  Anything to help keep those murderers out!  
I'm sure it could be argued that this is an invasion of privacy, but better that than being attacked.
Not invasion of privacy as those stupid enough to use  social media gave up their right to privacy long ago ......
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....