Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Vatican Bombed?
It sure looks like it.

Photos and videos of plumes of smoke filling the air have been shared on social media this afternoon but it’s not yet clear what the cause is.
An eyewitness living nearby – who tweeted images of the scene- said it looked to be coming from a neighbourhood just behind Vatican City.
@MountainButorac said he saw the smoke from his roof, “then a few minutes later there was a loud boom and more smoke”.
“I’ve heard lots of sirens,” he added. “The smoke was drifting high over my apartment.”

[Image: SRCja7JQZuDka-R4.jpg]

[Image: DBP4QDzXoAEy3Yn.jpg:small]

http://investmentwatchblog.com/breaking-...look-good/

Some are saying a fire started in a car junkyard but is there really a junkyard beside the Vatican?

Crazy Times.

Jude
Very, Crazy Times and this Pope is all for others taking in the Terrorist without the Proper Vetting Procedure.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(06-01-2017, 08:45 PM)guohua Wrote: Very, Crazy Times and this Pope is all for others taking in the Terrorist without the Proper Vetting Procedure.

Vatican City should let migrants and refugees in, since the Pope been advising everyone
else to do it. That'll sort out any 'incidents' like this possible one... just ask Sweden!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
I read something saying it came from a parking garage behind the Vatican.  I didn't save the article.  :(
(06-01-2017, 08:59 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I read something saying it came from a parking garage behind the Vatican.  I didn't save the article.  :(

Quote:Thick black smoke towers over Vatican after 'huge fire breaks out in car junkyard'

Local channel Rai News reported the fire broke out inside a car depot in Via Mattia Battistini, Rome, and that over 50 cars were involved after a "series of explosions".

The huge fire reportedly rose up over the entire western area of the capital.
The fire service and police were at the scene immediately and people living nearby closed their windows.
Link
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(06-01-2017, 08:59 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I read something saying it came from a parking garage behind the Vatican.  I didn't save the article.  :(

'...There is confusion over where the apparent fire originated.

Initial reports suggested the blaze happened within the Vatican walls with
eyewitnesses reporting “Vatican on fire” and saying they heard a “loud boom”.

But local media outlets say the large fire happened at a “car scrapyard” near
the religious site in Italy’s capital...'
The Sun:
From our trusted friends, Snopes.   tinysure They say this article is false. 

BAD reporting from Geller for making a declaration that it was a bombing done by Muslims before even knowing what happened!  

Quote:On 1 June 2017, the web site Geller Report published an image of black smoke rising above Vatican City under the headline “Breaking: Vatican City Bombing”:
[Image: Screenshot-2017-06-01-at-12.51.37-PM.png]
Geller Report also implied that the bombing was carried out by Muslims:
Quote:Not to worry, the Pope says Quran is a book of peace and Islam is not a violent religion.
Ramadan?
Despite the sensational title and subsequent tweet plugging the article, this image does not show a bombing in Vatican City — because a bombing did not occur. Geller appeared to admit as much in the body of her article:
Quote:Plumes of black smoke have filled the sky above the Vatican amid reports of an explosion.
Eyewitnesses spoke of seeing thick smoke coming from a building right next to the headquarters of the Roman Catholic Church after a ‘loud boom’.
One news outlet in Rome claimed a large fire had erupted at an auto garage.
The local news outlet Rai News reported that the smoke was coming from an auto junkyard to the west of the capital, where “a fire of vast proportions” had broken out, causing several explosions. 
The Twitter account for the local fire station also posted a video of the junkyard fire:
Quote:(1gju-18.30) #Roma, incendio autodemolitore via Battistini: evacuata a scopo precauzionale una palazzina nelle vicinanze. 4squadre impegnate pic.twitter.com/wI2Qski9Ay
— Vigili del Fuoco (@emergenzavvf) June 1, 2017
The exact cause of the fire is still unknown as of this writing. However, the fire did not occur at the Vatican and there have been no credible reports about a bombing in the area. Vatican officials told Catholic.org that the Pope, as well as tourists at the Vatican, were safe and confirmed that the smoke had come from the junkyard fire a few miles away from the holy site:
Quote:A garage fire near the Vatican sparked fears that a terrorist attack has struck the holy site. Additional reports of an explosion caused a frenzy of reports that a bomb may have exploded.
However, officials in Rome say the Vatican is safe, and the cause of the incident is a garage fire next to the Vatican walls. The Pope as well as the tourists and all others at Vatican City are safe. The fire is presently being extinguished.
(06-01-2017, 09:14 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: From our trusted friends, Snopes.   tinysure They say this article is false. 

BAD reporting from Geller for making a declaration that it was a bombing done by Muslims before even knowing what happened!  
Phew! For a second there, I thought the Pope would be asking for us in Europe to
take part in another crusade!!