Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Phoenix Lights
After doing a search, I realized we don't have a thread about the Phoenix Lights in the UFO forum.    What?! tinywhat

The most famous sighting in recent history, and nothing here to cover it?  That just won't do!
So, I've put together a few things of interest for anyone wishing to research this sighting from Phoenix and throughout Arizona on March 13th, 1997.

[Image: phoenix1997.jpg]

We'll start out with this documentary video:

https://youtu.be/HGS09LzpARs

5 surprising things about the 'Phoenix Lights' sighting we learned at UFO Congress

Quote:The "Phoenix Lights" incident remains a big deal to UFO researchers worldwide even 20 years later because thousands reported witnessing the phenomenon.

We know the official explanation that the lights in the sky and possible craft were military flares left many, especially among UFO and extraterrestrial believers, unsatisfied. We know that the curiosity about it probably isn't going to go away anytime soon.
Several hundred people attended "The Importance of the Phoenix Lights-Mass UFO Sighting" panel discussion earlier this week as part of the International UFO Congress in Scottsdale.

Panelists included witness to lights
Richard Dolan, a UFO writer and researcher, host of a weekly radio program and guest on the shows "Hangar One" and "Ancient Aliens";
Dr. Lynne Kitei, a witness to the lights and author of "Phoenix Lights: A Skeptic's  Discovery That We Are Not Alone";
Jim Mann, director of Arizona MUFON (Mutual UFO Network), an investigative and research organization.

The panel was moderated by James Fox, a director of three UFO documentaries.
Here are a few things you may not know about the lights, according to the panel:

The 5 things include:

1. Mysterious lights were spotted in the months before March 13, 1997.

[Image: 636229502332893938-lynnketeiphoenixlightshost.jpg]

2. It's called, the Phoenix Lights, but the mass sightings began in another state.

3. It took three months for news of the mass sightings to 'go viral.'

4. Even among some UFO investigators, there is not enough evidence to say it was extraterrestrial-related.

5. Seeing the lights caused an unnatural reaction, according to some witnesses.

(You can go to the link above to read the full article.)

It might surprise you to learn that Kurt Russell was the unknown civil pilot witness to the phoenix lights UFO mentioned on a news show two years later.

https://youtu.be/wR_dxZJGWfU

Linda Moulton Howe shares her theory for what was going on with the Phoenix Lights at the 1:00:40 mark in the video below:

I also have a thread here on RN showing what that big black triangle is (or could be), called the TR3B. But, what were the others? tinybighuh
Check it out here:  The "Black Triangle" TR3B Patent

That should be enough to get you started with your research.
I know most of us "old-timers" who are interested in the UFO topic already know about The Phoenix Lights, so this will be mostly for those who are new to the subject.

Enjoy!   tinybiggrin
I just saw the Kurt Russell video.....interesting and thanks