Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Times Square crash: one dead and 20 injured after car ploughs into pedestrians in New
Times Square crash: one dead and 20 injured after car ploughs into pedestrians in New York.

Police said there was no indication it was an act of terrorism.

'A young woman was killed and at least 20 others were injured after a speeding car ploughed
into pedestrians in Times Square.

Pedestrians saw the car make a U-turn in the middle of 7th Avenue in midtown Manhattan
during heavy traffic. The red Honda saloon then continued for approximately three blocks
against the flow of traffic, leaving bodies strewn in its wake.

Witnesses described people screaming and running from the vehicle, while others lay in
the intersection, unable to move.

The car eventually crashed into a telephone people and stopped, smoking, on 45th
street and Broadway. The intersection marks the heart of one of New York City’s most
popular tourist destinations.

An 18-year old woman and her 13-year-old sister were struck midway through the driver’s
rampage, directly outside the offices of Thompson Reuters. The 18-year-old was killed,
and her sister was hospitalised for her injuries.
At least 21 other people were injured.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1826]

Mayor Bill de Blasio called the crash “a very serious incident”, but emphasised that there
is no indication that it was a terrorist act...'

'...Police suspect the driver, Richard Rojas, was driving while intoxicated.
Witnesses say they saw him emerge from the vehicle panicked and shirtless.
The 26-year-old Navy veteran has been arrested twice for drunk driving, police said...'
SOURCE:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
I just saw an update to this.  They said the girl was 18 that died. tinycrying 

They also said the man was intoxicated, and had prior arrests for driving under the influence.

(I didn't save the source to post here.)

I hope he's happy now.  A young life has been lost because of this piece of shit getting behind the wheel after drinking!   smallfit 

At first, I thought the terrorist attacks using cars was starting up here in the U.S., but at least that wasn't what it was.
I might have spoken too soon.  Just came across this on Twitter...

[Image: NY_Article.jpg]

Can someone blow this picture up, please?
(05-18-2017, 09:49 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I might have spoken too soon.  Just came across this on Twitter...
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1827]

Just as a side-note to offer a puzzle on the drink-driving excuse:

'...Mr Aubry said: "He makes a u-turn on to the westside sidewalk between 7th Avenue and 42nd Street,
proceeds on the westside sidewalk for three and a half blocks where he hits a stanchion...'

SOURCE:

Is this what a drunk does?

(05-18-2017, 09:52 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 09:49 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I might have spoken too soon.  Just came across this on Twitter...
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1827]

Just as a side-note to offer a puzzle on the drink-driving excuse:

'...Mr Aubry said: "He makes a u-turn on to the westside sidewalk between 7th Avenue and 42nd Street,
proceeds on the westside sidewalk for three and a half blocks where he hits a stanchion...'

SOURCE:

Is this what a drunk does?
NYC=Sanctuary City, never use the words Terrorist or Illegal's.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
BULLSHIT on him being drunk ..... was 0 on breathalyzer ..... fucking religion of pieces strikes again and the fucking leftist media covers it up ......
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

New York driver suspect Richard Rojas was 'hearing voices'

'The Navy veteran's mental state becomes the focus of investigations, after it emerges
he had been arrested several times.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1828]

The Navy veteran suspected of driving his car into pedestrians in New York reportedly told
police he had been hearing voices at the time.
Richard Rojas, 26, is accused of steering his car onto the pavement in the heart of Times
Square, driving for three blocks and hitting 23 pedestrians along the way.
One of them - a teenager - died.

He then walked from the vehicle waving his arms before being tackled by members of the
public, including a ticket seller and a security guard at a Planet Hollywood restaurant.

Initially, there were fears the incident had been a terrorist attack but investigators discounted
that and are focusing on Rojas's sobriety and mental health.

Rojas, who lived in the Bronx, said he was hearing voices and had expected to die, according
to law enforcement officials quoted by the Associated Press.
He tested negative for alcohol but it is understood that he is also undergoing tests while in police
custody to see if he had taken drugs.

People who lived near Rojas described him as a friendly man who had been having problems.
Last week, he was arrested and charged after allegedly threatening a notary with a knife.
He had accused the notary of stealing his identity.

In 2008 and 2015, he was arrested for drink-driving. After pleading guilty in 2015, he lost his
driving license for 90 days. During this time, he had told police he was being harassed and
followed.

Rojas enlisted in the US Navy in 2011 and served on the destroyer USS Carney in 2012.
His most recent base was at Jacksonville in Florida but he was discharged three years ago
after being court-martialled for reasons that have not been disclosed...'
SOURCE:

This may be nothing, but notice that the first image of the stationary vehicle has a man
standing in the road wearing a red T-shirt...
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1829]

Then the phone-captured image shows Rojas in a dark-blue T-shirt menacing frightened
passers-by...
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1830]

A still from video footage shows Rojas being taken away by Police and there again, a dark
T-shirt and the same shoes...
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1831]

Yet, the image of Rojas presumably being moved from a Police station where his initial formal
arrest may have occurred, he's now wearing a similar T-shirt of the man in the road of the first
image! (Oh, but there's no logo though.)

Just a curious coincidence, I suppose...?

Quote:Yet, the image of Rojas presumably being moved from a Police station where his initial formal
arrest may have occurred, he's now wearing a similar T-shirt of the man in the road of the first
image! (Oh, but there's no logo though.)

Just a curious coincidence, I suppose...?

Good catch @"BIAD".   minusculegoodjob

So, wonder what is behind this?  Curious indeed!

And, I couldn't help but notice how they kept referring to the "Navy Veteran", as if that should make our opinion of him better.
Any descent armed force Veteran behaves a little different than this guy, IMO, but then, I don't know his story.