Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kitsap Naval Base
I was just reading something over lunch that seemed a bit odd to me. It casually mentioned that Washington State (in a location right next to Seattle) is host to the world largest single stock-pile of nuclear weapons. Now, we know about how many we have (in the US) and about how many everybody else has, so it's reasonable to say "well they have to be stored somewhere". 

Dolphins Defend Nukes

It's also reasonable to assume Dolphins can be put to good use... that's not the point though  tinylaughing

My point is, while I'm reading this one VERY BIG ELEPHANT in the room popped in my head:

Here is the base (marked by the A) right across from Seattle.

[Image: kitsap_naval_base.jpg]

And here's another very interesting picture (to say the least)

[Image: th_Q229_AWW6.jpg]

That's the Cascadia Subduction Zone (right off shore from the largest single nuclear stockpile on the planet). 

I really don't have much more meat to add to this thread, I'm just curious as to what your thoughts are on this? Did you ever hear about this? Were you aware? 

And what do you think?

I think:

minusculebonker minusculewtf minusculewtf minusculewtf smallveryupset

ETA:

My thoughts are pretty much along the WTF?! road. I mean, I'm sure they aren't sitting in a pile "out back" but I'm also pretty sure it's not something that could be evacuated WHEN the big one hits. Not exactly a "throw it in the trunk! QUICK!" and squeal off.
I think the people who stored those there, of all places, lost most of their brain cells back in the 60's!   tinywhat 

Same with other sites around the world; Fukushima comes to mind.   tinysure
minusculespooked  That's just Dangerous!
WTF  minusculewtf  are they thinking?
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
To validate my post above, take a look at this map.   Hmm... seems we have more brain-dead people in the East than the West.   minusculewtf 
But, at least the threat is lower in the East.

[Image: nukeplantmap.gif]