Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump lies again
(04-21-2017, 07:01 AM)senona Wrote:
(04-21-2017, 05:36 AM)1984hasarrived Wrote:
(04-21-2017, 05:15 AM)senona Wrote: As for Trump and his golfing, one has to remember first and foremost that Trump is a businessman and does much business on golf courses.

Not saying that is any excuse for spending taxpayers money, but that may be a habit of his from years past.

Plus yes, all Presidents use golf as a form of relaxation away from the hectic D.C. games, so most taxpayers know that is a given. 
Do believe each President goes thru scrutiny by media when it comes to how often they golf. ha. 

But the Left leaning media is out for blood with Trump.

And if Trump continues to donate his salary to charity, as he did his first quarter-pay, that may help off-set his golfing somewhat.
Of course, you won't be hearing about that on CNN or MSNBC any time soon.

True it won't go back to the taxpayers, but his donation will be put to good use by someone.

President donates first-quarter pay to National Park Service

Quote: President Donald Trump has found a recipient for his presidential salary -- at least the portion he earned between January 20 and March 31, 2017.

At the White House press briefing on April 3, press secretary Sean Spicer  that Trump would be donating his full first-quarter, pre-tax earnings of $78,333 to the National Park Service.

"The President has spoken with counsel and made the decision to donate his first-quarter salary, in total, to a government entity, and he has chosen this quarter to donate it to the National Park Service," Spicer said.

Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke was at the podium to accept a check for that amount.

I just hope Trump keeps his promise to donate it all over the next 4 years.
We will see.

And we might as well accept his golfing, as we did Obama, Bush, Clinton etc. etc.

But his golfing level is way more than any other president after less than 100 days.  And I disagree that he is doing business while playing. He criticised Obama for playing golf, and in the next breath said "if I am elected, I won't have time to play golf. I wanna stay in the White House and work my ass off" 

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/...rig-bw.cnn

Remember he said that, well he is doing the opposite, hence that was a ... lie. The source is CNN but the words are his, undeniable facts.  He promised to play less golf, and is doing the exact opposite.

I can't imagine him playing golf with Angela Merkel, hell he wouldn't even shake her hand.

His golfing trips to Mar a Lardo give members of the club to rub shoulders with him and high fliers.  I saw a aselfie by someone boasting about sitting near Trump during dinner at the resort.

He also increased the fees there to $200,000 soon after his appointment, cashing in on his position methinks.

Trump is the kind of guy at work who is watching the clock and is out the door at 4.59 every day, and even earlie on Friday.  Just two weeks ago he was at Mar a Lardo on Thursday.

Oh I get the hypocrisy deal of speaking out about Obama, while playing golf himself.
I still say that is the businessman in him even tho he is doing exactly what he complained about Obama doing. 

Not sure if I would call that "lying" tho, saying he wouldn't do that.
Not when it comes to a favorite past time of his for years and years. He might have tried not doing it, but if it is a hobby and a way of making deals so to speak, well it may not be so easy to give up. LOL

I think what drew a lot of criticism on Obama's part was the timing during crucial times.
Such as the decapitation of a hostage, only to act like it was an inconvenience to make a 5 minute speech then continue playing like it was no big deal. 

Obama's timing was off in my opinion when it came to certain things. Poor judgment call. 

We will have to wait and see how Trump does when he is put in a similar intense situation.

Right now, Trump's golfing isn't too-too bad.....yet.
And it may drop off where as other President's might have started to increase, once they got 'settled in'.

Oh hey, bit of trivia here for ya.  minusculebiggrin
Even Sky might like this, if he doesn't already know.

Guess which President golfed the most?
And actually helped the golf industry?

-->> Dwight D. Eisenhower 

Quote:As our golfer in chief, President Dwight D. Eisenhower brought golf to the White House lawn and played nearly 800 rounds while in office. Not since Mary Queen of Scots has a head of state done so much to popularize the game. Fred Corcoran, the legendary golf promoter, once said Eisenhower’s devotion to golf was “the greatest thing that ever happened to the game.”

For being the game’s unofficial ambassador, Eisenhower was selected for induction to the World Golf Hall of Fame in the Lifetime Achievement Category. In a word, Eisenhower inspired. Together with Arnold Palmer, their charisma changed how Americans viewed golf and sparked the nation’s interest in the sport. Don Van Natta Jr., author of “First Off the Tee,” wrote that when Eisenhower assumed office in 1953, an estimated 3.2 million Americans played golf; by 1961, that number had doubled.

“Whatever remained to be done to remove the last traces of the average man’s carefully nurtured prejudice against a game originally linked with the wealthy and aloof was done by President Eisenhower,” historian Herbert Warren Wind, a Hall of Fame member, wrote.

“Probably few men in the long history of the game have ever been bitten by the golf bug as badly as the president.”

800 rounds? WOW....lol.
Now that is some serious playing.

Thought this was funny, his comment about when he was asked about his score....

Quote:Like a regular duffer, Ike loved the game no matter how badly he played and sneaked in a round whenever possible. He drew the line, however, when asked to divulge his score.

“If I don’t improve,” Eisenhower once said, “I’m going to pass a law that no one can ask me my golf score.”

Anyhow, guess we can blame Eisenhower for all the  President's after him for their time on the golf course. 

Quote:The president’s preoccupation with the game became a national punch line. Democrats joked that Eisenhower put in a 36-hole workweek. That often was true. He played Wednesday afternoons and Saturday mornings at Burning Tree Country Club.

Golf Week

Doesn't end the squabble, but thought it to be interesting none the less.  :smallwink:

Nice find about Eisenhower.

But I do have to disagree with you, saying he will do something, work his ass off in WH and not play golf, then doing the exact opposite is lying where I come from.

He said many promises on the campaign trail and has not followed through, e.g. Clinton and special investigation, #draintheswamp, and he has just restocked it with billionaire buddies and family. 

http://ibb.co/kJ6E5kc
He must of worked some time before or after a Golf Game.
Quote:Freed Egyptian American prisoner returns home following Trump intervention
Now When did he find time for this,,,,,,,, Hummmmm?
Quote:An Egyptian American charity worker who was imprisoned in Cairo for three years and became the global face of Egypt’s brutal crackdown on civil society returned home to the United States late Thursday after the Trump administration quietly negotiated her release.

President Trump and his aides worked for several weeks with Egyptian President Abdel Fatah al-Sissi to secure the freedom of Aya Hijazi, 30, a U.S. citizen, as well as her husband, Mohamed Hassanein, who is Egyptian, and four other humanitarian workers. Trump dispatched a U.S. government aircraft to Cairo to bring Hijazi and her family to Washington.
This will Piss Off The Obama Worshipper,,,
Quote:The Obama administration unsuccessfully pressed Sissi’s government for their release.

It was not until Trump moved to reset U.S. relations with Egypt
 by embracing Sissi at the White House on April 3 he publicly hailed the autocrat’s leadership as “fantastic” and offered the U.S. government’s “strong backing” — that Egypt’s posture changed. Last Sunday, a court in Cairo dropped all charges against Hijazi and the others.
Source
Another WIN for President Of The United States (minus California , Hopefully) of America!  minusculeclap
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(04-21-2017, 08:13 AM)tguohua Wrote: He must of worked some time before or after a Golf Game.
Quote:Freed Egyptian American prisoner returns home following Trump intervention
Now When did he find time for this,,,,,,,, Hummmmm?
Quote:An Egyptian American charity worker who was imprisoned in Cairo for three years and became the global face of Egypt’s brutal crackdown on civil society returned home to the United States late Thursday after the Trump administration quietly negotiated her release.

President Trump and his aides worked for several weeks with Egyptian President Abdel Fatah al-Sissi to secure the freedom of Aya Hijazi, 30, a U.S. citizen, as well as her husband, Mohamed Hassanein, who is Egyptian, and four other humanitarian workers. Trump dispatched a U.S. government aircraft to Cairo to bring Hijazi and her family to Washington.
This will Piss Off The Obama Worshipper,,,
Quote:The Obama administration unsuccessfully pressed Sissi’s government for their release.

It was not until Trump moved to reset U.S. relations with Egypt
 by embracing Sissi at the White House on April 3 he publicly hailed the autocrat’s leadership as “fantastic” and offered the U.S. government’s “strong backing” — that Egypt’s posture changed. Last Sunday, a court in Cairo dropped all charges against Hijazi and the others.
Source
Another WIN for President Of The United States (minus California , Hopefully) of America!  minusculeclap

Well done, at last something positive done by this administration. Makes a change from all the fails. 

Spicey opening his mouth daily, Nunes, Flynn, Iraq not Syria, Pavarotti, armada I could go on and on.
Not to take sides or attempt to imply any political persuasion is correct,
This from Reuters:

Trump extends program allowing some veterans to use local doctors, hospitals.

'President Donald Trump on Wednesday moved a step closer to fulfilling his campaign
promise to reform the troubled Veterans Affairs department, but some veterans groups
are concerned that the administration may be working toward privatizing their healthcare.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1667]

Trump signed a law extending the pilot "Veterans Choice" program, which allows some
veterans to receive healthcare from local doctors and hospitals closer to their homes than
the VA's 150 hospitals and nearly 1,000 outpatient clinics.

The law eases procedures for reimbursing private providers and creates a system for
sharing medical records with them.

"This new law is a good start, but there is still much work to do," Trump said at a signing
ceremony attended by VA Secretary David Shulkin and Florida Governor Rick Scott. 
"We will fight each and every day to deliver the long-awaited reforms our veterans deserve."

Trump pledged to hold a news conference next week on "all of the tremendous things that
are happening at the VA and what we've done in terms of progress and achievement."

Reforming the agency, rocked by a waiting-time scandal in 2014, was one of Trump's
most-repeated campaign trail promises.
He has frequently suggested having the government pay outside physicians to
provide veteran healthcare...'
SOURCE:

I have no idea if this is a good thing or not, but I believe the overall intention is positive.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(04-21-2017, 11:21 AM)BIAD Wrote: Not to take sides or attempt to imply any political persuasion is correct,
This from Reuters:

Trump extends program allowing some veterans to use local doctors, hospitals.

'President Donald Trump on Wednesday moved a step closer to fulfilling his campaign
promise to reform the troubled Veterans Affairs department, but some veterans groups
are concerned that the administration may be working toward privatizing their healthcare.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1667]

Trump signed a law extending the pilot "Veterans Choice" program, which allows some
veterans to receive healthcare from local doctors and hospitals closer to their homes than
the VA's 150 hospitals and nearly 1,000 outpatient clinics.

The law eases procedures for reimbursing private providers and creates a system for
sharing medical records with them.

"This new law is a good start, but there is still much work to do," Trump said at a signing
ceremony attended by VA Secretary David Shulkin and Florida Governor Rick Scott. 
"We will fight each and every day to deliver the long-awaited reforms our veterans deserve."

Trump pledged to hold a news conference next week on "all of the tremendous things that
are happening at the VA and what we've done in terms of progress and achievement."

Reforming the agency, rocked by a waiting-time scandal in 2014, was one of Trump's
most-repeated campaign trail promises.
He has frequently suggested having the government pay outside physicians to
provide veteran healthcare...'
SOURCE:

I have no idea if this is a good thing or not, but I believe the overall intention is positive.

I agree that this is very positive, but I think the guy is seriously overwhelmed with what this job entails, and it interferes with his golf.

He is doing what he can, but has no experience and no real team to back him up, so he is struggling badly.

Also he is an idiot who says random shit, there is that too.
He's Trying,,, I believe these are Two Great Directives.
The Dodd-Frank is Important and should have the Wall Street Scum Looking Over Their Shoulder.
Hillary would never had done either of these.

I'd Like to see the Tax code simplifies.

Quote:The directives Trump signed Friday will:

► Review significant tax regulations issued in 2016 and 2017 that are overly complex and "impose an undue financial burden" on taxpayers.
"Such a big thing. People can’t do their returns. 
They have no idea what they’re doing. They’re too complicated," Trump said.
But the order is more likely to target corporate taxes than individual returns. Among the most significant tax regulations adopted in the last year of the Obama administration were a clampdown on so-called "tax inversions," which allow multinational corporations to get favorable tax treatment by merging with companies in lower-taxed countries.

"It’s obviously one of the significant things, and one of the things we'll be looking at," Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin told USA TODAY. "We’ve got 100 people in the tax department across the street at Treasury, and they are looking at everything."

► Direct the Treasury Secretary not to use orderly liquidation authority to bail out insolvent financial institutions, reigniting the debate over a key provision of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010. Critics have said that provision could actually allow banks to take more risks than they ordinarily would, and Trump wants to re-examine whether court-supervised bankruptcy would be a better way to wind down failing banks.

"It doesn’t sound like much, but it is," Trump said on signing the directive. "That's a biggie."
Source
An oldie but a goldie is revitalised by a new statement from the White House

Trump May 2014 "If I decide to run for office, I'll produce my tax returns, absolutely," he said. "And I would love to do that." (bold emphasis mine - 1984)

Steve Mnuchin 2017 " President Trump has "no intention" of releasing his tax returns, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said Wednesday.
"The president has released plenty of information, and I think has given more financial disclosure than anybody else," Mnuchin said during a press conference at the White House. "I think the American population has plenty of information."

"more financial disclosure than anybody else" *cough* bullshit *cough*

Can anyone explain to me how this is NOT a lie? Please.
Franklin Roosevelt did not release tax returns during his presidency, but many returns were later made available by his presidential library.
I can see how anything that President Trump said during his election campaign may be
deemed as just more sugar for the masses and in the political circles, sadly this is normal.
But things take time and support, advice and concessions have to be dealt with.

However...

Ted Cruz: Take El Chapo's $14 billion to pay for the wall.

'Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, wants the billions of dollars confiscated from an infamous Mexican
drug lord to finance the construction of a wall on the Mexican-American border.

"Fourteen billion dollars will go a long way toward building a wall that will keep Americans safe
and hinder the illegal flow of drugs, weapons, and individuals across our southern border,"
Cruz said Tuesday in a statement unveiling the El Chapo Act, named after the drug kingpin
who was extradited to the United States in January.

Cruz's bill, if implemented as conceived, would provide the $14 billion subject to confiscation
from El Chapo as well as money taken from drug lords arrested in future cases. It's a bankshot
at border funding designed to fulfill the spirit of President Trump's pledge to "make Mexico pay"
for the wall that has gained currency among some Republicans.

"Having the money seized from Mexican drug cartels would mean that the bad Mexicans would
end up paying for the wall, and the bad Mexicans have been terrorizing the good Mexicans with
crime and kidnappings and murders within Mexico itself," Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner, R-Wis., told
the Washington Examiner while discussing his plan to spend money seized in drug busts for the
wall.

"Saying that we're going to have the Mexican drug cartels end up paying for the wall, that may very
well be something that is powerful enough to get the institutional inertia in the Senate overcome."...'
SOURCE:

"...And Mexico will pay for it..."! -D. Trump.
tinysurprised
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Quote:"Saying that we're going to have the Mexican drug cartels end up paying for the wall, that may very
well be something that is powerful enough to get the institutional inertia in the Senate overcome."...'
SOURCE:

"...And Mexico will pay for it..."! -D. Trump.

Sounds like a great idea to me!  How can anyone (other than the Deep State) oppose this?   minusculeclap
(04-27-2017, 04:50 PM)guohua Wrote: Franklin Roosevelt did not release tax returns during his presidency, but many returns were later made available by his presidential library.

But in recent years, all presidents have released tax returns and set a standard now as the world has changed. Now potential presidents have much more financial involvement in business, I doubt anyone cared about Honest Abe's tax returns. This is now the 21st Century and the world has changed.

Especially with him being a "businessman", it is even more important.

Jimmy Carter gave up his peanut farm when he was elected, and instead Trump advertises Mar A Lardo on a government website with membership at $200,000 a pop - classy.

And Trump of course passed all his business interests to his kids, not exactly a "blind trust".

The guy is a joke, but a dangerous one at that.

i like how there has been no attempt at an explanation of how the two contradictory statements do not make the first one a lie - because it is :)
Ok, this one is not a lie as such but just shows how idiotic and incompetent this administration is.  And the administration is a reflection of him.

Can you imagine if any other real president had done this?  For his own wife no less. 

(04-28-2017, 02:21 AM)1984hasarrived Wrote: Ok, this one is not a lie as such but just shows how idiotic and incompetent this administration is.  And the administration is a reflection of him.

Can you imagine if any other real president had done this?  For his own wife no less. 

You lost me,,, What did he do?
Tell everyone it's her birthday or hold her hand and walked with her?
(04-28-2017, 07:10 AM)guohua Wrote:
(04-28-2017, 02:21 AM)1984hasarrived Wrote: Ok, this one is not a lie as such but just shows how idiotic and incompetent this administration is.  And the administration is a reflection of him.

You lost me,,, What did he do?
Tell everyone it's her birthday or hold her hand and walked with her?

Uhm, the 39 stars on the flag of the US of A.

Sorry the image was so small but it was resized automagically on the site.  I posted a larger clearer image .
I think I need to start a new thread about his idiotic statements.

The latest being " I thought it would be easier being President" 

*facepalm*

He actually said that.

The guy is special stoopid.

And previously he said before election re playing golf "I would work my ass off. I wouldn't have time to play leave the White House and play golf" (paraphrase is mine) meaning is his. Yet he plays every weekend almost.

Too lazy to get the exact wording, and I don't see the point as most people here anyway don't care about his lies to them as he is such a wonderful president.

Great job Donnie boy, you fooled lots of people and they still have faith in you.