Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
France elections: Le Pen 'steps aside' as party leader.
A very strange decision...

France elections: Le Pen 'steps aside' as party leader.

'Far-right French presidential candidate Marine Le Pen has announced
that she will step down as leader of her National Front (FN) party.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1691]

The move comes just a day after she reached the second round of the
French election, where she will face Centrist Emmanuel Macron.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1692]

"This evening I decided to take my leave of the presidency of the National
Front," she told TV channel France 2. "I will be above partisan considerations."

It is not clear if her decision will be permanent. She told France 2 that France
is approaching a "decisive moment".

Ms Le Pen took over the FN leadership from her father in January 2011 and
helped her party secure big gains in regional elections.

She won 7.6 million votes on Sunday - the strongest ever result for a FN
candidate, and 2.8 million more than her father, Jean-Marie Le Pen, won in

Her party wants to slash immigration, clamp down on free trade, and overturn
France's relationship with Europe...'
SOURCE:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Sounds like "somebody" got to her.
She has fought long and hard to achieve for herself and her party their station in the election... Something is weird IMO about her withdrawal ... Maybe she is burned out or they showed her the real JFK assassination video ?
(04-24-2017, 10:43 PM)727Sky Wrote: She has fought long and hard to achieve for herself and her party their station in the election... Something is weird IMO about her withdrawal ... Maybe she is burned out or they showed her the real JFK assassination video ?

Ah but, there's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip... and I think this is a strategic manoeuvre.

'...After reaching the second round of the French presidential election, Mrs Le Pen announced that
she would be temporarily stepping down from leadership of her own party to boost her election
chances. 

She said: “I think that we're approaching a decisive moment. I've always believed that the president
should be the president of all the French people and reflect the French public in its entirety.

“I believe that you should act on your words, and it is for that reason that I will be stepping down
as head of the Front National.

“Therefore as of tonight I am no longer the president of the Front National, I am a candidate o
 the presidential election.”...'
SOURCE:

Le Pen is going after Macron's 'almost people'.
He's an ex-Rothschild employee and a rich kid with his eye set on keeping France in the EU.
Ousting migrants and demanding borders isn't enough for the French voters and Le Pen
knows that.

Distancing herself from a party that has been stained for many years is a good idea and now
her focus will be constructing a more solid backing for her path to the Presidency.
(In my humble opinion)
French election: Boos for Macron after Le Pen upstages him.

'Emmanuel Macron was given a rough ride at a factory in his hometown, where Marine Le Pen
had paid a visit just hours earlier.

Emmanuel Macron was booed and jeered by striking factory workers during a chaotic campaign
visit in northern France. The presidential candidate had been meeting with union leaders from the
Whirlpool plant in Amiens, where jobs are at risk because the production of tumble dryers is going
to be moved to Poland.

But during the closed-doors talks, he was upstaged by his far-right rival Marine Le Pen, who made
an unannounced visit to the picket line - taking selfies with blue-collar employees and declaring
herself as the candidate of France's workers.

She vowed to stop the factory from closing if elected on 7 May, and told the striking staff: "Everyone
knows what side Emmanuel Macron is on - he is on the side of the corporations.
"I am on the workers' side, here in the car park, not in the restaurants of Amiens."...'

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1703]
Workers at the Whirlpool plant have been protesting over production being moved to Poland.

'...When Mr Macron paid a visit to the same picket line a few hours later, the crowds booed and
whistled - with some shouting "President Marine!" in the background.

One woman was heard asking him: "Why didn't you come here before?"
Another man yelled: "Save our jobs, Monsieur Macron!"

The pro-business candidate defended his decision to meet with union leaders before going to the
factory, and said he would not ban job losses if elected. Although Amiens is Mr Macron's hometown,
Ms Le Pen got more votes than him there during the first round...'
SOURCE:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)