Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
'Get to Mars during my first term'
Yes, It can be done and it Should be done.
Terraforming of Mars should have already started.
What was the other Lazy Administration worried about?
Oh, I finding out we have a Seecret Space Fleet, Most people Already believe That.
Quote:Donald Trump instructed Nasa astronauts to get to Mars within his first term - or failing that, his second term, in a livestream with Peggy Whitson.

He was calling up the Space Station to congratulate Ms Whitson for her record-beating stay in Space: she's been up there for more than 534 days, which was the previous record.

The President congratulated her via video link from the Oval Office alongside his daughter, Ivanka, and NASA astronaut Kate Rubins.

He said: "All over we have astronauts and we have everybody who are flying right now 17,000 miles per hour.

"That's about as fast as I've ever heard, I wouldn't want to fly 17,000 miles an hour but that's what you have to do.

"534 days in space - that's an incredible record to break, and on behalf of our country and on behalf of the world we would like to congratulate you".

Appearing to forget he had signed a bill directing Nasa to send astronauts to Mars by the 2030s, Mr Trump asked: "Tell me, Mars, what do you see a timing for actually sending humans to Mars?"

Politely, Ms Whitson replied: "Well, I think as your bill directed it will be approximately in the 2030s".

Mr Trump said: "We want to do it during my first term and at worst during my second term so we want to speed that up, OK? "

The President also expressed disgust about the drinking habits of astronauts in the International Space Station.
“Water is such a precious resource up here that we also are cleaning up our urine and making it drinkable. And it’s really not as bad as it sounds,” Ms Whitson said.

Grimacing, he replied: "That's good, I'm glad to hear that. Better you than me."

Source

Just a Down To Earth kind Of Guy, I mean, I talked about the drinking of Urine by the astronauts and he wouldn't want to do that, I ask you,,,, Would You?

Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I think it's entirely possible but there's too much that can go unnecessarily wrong by rushing it. With that said, (surprisingly) I don't blame Obama either. Congress is in charge of appropriations and NASA's budget has been on the chopping block more than French Heads. The Budget has gone down steadily since we landed on the moon and (other than a small "BLIP" in the early 90's) has been the subject of cut after cut from EVERY congress for the last 45 years. 

NASA "made us great" at one point and we just forgot. I would certainly rather spend the money on space than on more bombs and tanks.
[Image: 300px_NASA_Budget_Federal_svg.png]

net photo upload

kinda small...
I'm sure Trump already knows about the bases we have already built on Mars.  Sorry, but I have to believe the people who have risked their life to come out and tell us about what's been going on since the 1950's, and yes, some of them DID die for disclosing the truth.
Maybe this is how "Disclosure" will happen, and make Trump one of the most famous presidents in the process.   :smallwink: 

What irks me is knowing the tax payers are going to pay for something AGAIN that's already been done. mediumsmartass