Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Orville

The Orville- wikipedia

Quote:The Orville

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[/url][url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Orville#p-search]
This article is about the U.S. TV series. For other uses, see Orville (disambiguation).
The Orville
[Image: 250px-The_Orville_logo.svg.png]
Genre

Created by
Seth MacFarlane
Starring

Theme music composer
Bruce Broughton
Composer(s)

Country of origin
United States
Original language(s)
English
No. of seasons
No. of episodes
Production
Executive producer(s)

Production company(s)

Distributor
20th Television
Release
Original network
Fox
Original release
September 10, 2017 – present
External links
Website
www.fox.com/the-orville

The Orville is a comedy-drama science fiction television series created by and starring Seth MacFarlane that premiered on September 10, 2017, with new episodes to air Thursdays on Fox during the 2017–18 season.[1][2]

Contents
  [hide] 

Premise[edit]
The Orville is set on the titular U.S.S. Orville (ECV-197), a mid-level exploratory vessel 400 years in the future. They're like exploring the galaxy or something. First Episode they get called to a Science Station, for resupply. But...
Cast and characters[edit]

Main[edit]
  • Seth MacFarlane as Ed Mercer, the captain of the Orville[3][4]

• Adrianne Palicki as Kelly Grayson, the first officer of the Orville and Mercer's ex-wife.[3][4] The two divorced when Ed caught Kelly in bed with an alien.[5]

• Penny Johnson Jerald as Dr. Claire Finn, one of the most accomplished physicians in the Planetary Union[4]

• Scott Grimes as Gordon Malloy, the helmsman of the Orville and Mercer's best friend[3][4]

• Peter Macon as Lt. Commander Bortus. He's Moclan, a single-gendered species, and is the second officer aboard the U.S.S. Orville.[4]

• Halston Sage as Alara Kitan, a young inexperienced security officer of the Xelayan race, from a planet where high gravity makes her stronger[4]

• J. Lee as John LaMarr, the navigator of the Orville with a casual sense of humor[4]

• Mark Jackson as Isaac, an artificial life-form from Kaylon, a machine society that thinks biological lifeforms are inferior[6][4]

Recurring[edit]

Guest starring[edit]

Episodes[edit]
No.
Title
Directed by
Written by
Original air date
Prod.
code
U.S. viewers
(millions)
"Old Wounds"
Jon Favreau
Seth MacFarlane
September 10, 2017
1LAB01
TBD
"Command Performance"[8]
Robert Duncan McNeill[9]
TBA
September 17, 2017
1LAB03
TBD
"About a Girl"[10]
Brannon Braga[11]
TBA
September 21, 2017
1LAB04
TBD
"If the Stars Should Appear"[12]
James L. Conway[13]
TBA
September 28, 2017
1LAB02
TBD
TBA
Jonathan Frakes[14]
TBA
TBA
1LAB05
TBD
TBA
Jon Cassar[15]
TBA
TBA
1LAB06
TBD
TBA
Tucker Gates[16]
TBA
TBA
1LAB07
TBD
TBA
Seth MacFarlane[17]
TBA
TBA
1LAB08
TBD
TBA
Jamie Babbit[18]
TBA
TBA
1LAB09
TBD
TBA
Jon Cassar[19]
TBA
TBA
1LAB10
TBD
TBA
Kelly Cronin[20]
TBA
TBA
1LAB11
TBD
TBA
Kevin Hooks[21]
TBA
TBA
1LAB12
TBD
TBA
Seth MacFarlane[22]
Mark Jackson[23]
TBA
1LAB13
TBD

Production[edit]

Development[edit]
MacFarlane originally wrote The Orville as a spec script, which was picked up by Fox on May 4, 2016. The network ordered 13 episodes. It will be the first live-action television series created by MacFarlane, as well as his first live-action starring role on television.[24]
Following the project's greenlight, MacFarlane stated, “I've wanted to do something like this show ever since I was a kid, and the timing finally feels right. [...] I think this is gonna be something special.”[1]

According to MacFarlane, The Orville was inspired by The Twilight Zone and Star Trek.[25] He was also encouraged to sell the series due to the success of Guardians of the Galaxy and Deadpool.[26]

Casting[edit]

On July 29, 2016, MacFarlane's role was revealed to be Ed Mercer, the captain of the Orville, while Adrianne Palicki had been cast as Kelly Grayson, Ed's ex-wife and the newly appointed first officer of the Orville, and Scott Grimes, who voices Steve Smith on American Dad! (another show created by MacFarlane), was cast as Gordon Malloy, Ed's best friend whom he hires to pilot the Orville.[3] On August 19, Peter Macon and J Lee were cast as series regulars.[27][28] On October 31, Halston Sage and Penny Johnson Jeraldjoined the cast.[29] On December 8, Mark Jackson was cast.[6] On April 3, 2017, Chad L. Coleman was added as a series regular and Larry Joe Campbell was cast in a recurring role.[30]

At San Diego Comic Con, MacFarlane confirmed that Charlize Theron would guest star in an upcoming episode [31] The two had previously co-starred in A Million Ways to Die in the West.

Filming[edit]

On August 24, 2016, Jon Favreau signed on to direct the pilot.[32] Production on the pilot episode began in late 2016, and the rest of the episodes began filming on March 27, 2017.[24] Production wrapped on August 23, 2017.[22]

Reception[edit]
The series has received generally negative reviews from critics. On the review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, the series has a rating of 11%, based on 18 reviews.[33]Metacritic, which assigns a rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream critics, reported that there were
"Generally unfavorable reviews" for the series, with an average score of 34 based on 17 reviews.[34]

Ratings[edit]
No.
Title
Air date
Rating/share
(18–49)
Viewers
(millions)
DVR
(18–49)
DVR viewers
(millions)
Total
(18–49)
Total viewers
(millions)1
"Old Wounds"
September 10, 2017
TBD
TBD
TBD
TBD
TBD
TBD

"Command Performance"
September 17, 2017
TBD
TBD
TBD
TBD
TBD
TBD

"About a Girl"
September 21, 2017
TBD
TBD
TBD
TBD
TBD
TBD

"If the Stars Should Appear"
September 28, 2017
TBD
TBD
TBD
TBD
TBD
TBD

I liked the episode

Of note was going back through the list of director for the first season

I think this might actually beat ST: Discovery after watching the differences between the trailer and the actual episode..

They have a lot of people who have worked in various science fiction franchises.. Both television and Movies..
Several str trek alumni in the form of actors and several episode writers and creators..

The guy who played tom paris 
and johnathan franks

Also Braga 

Several well known directors from other various series is the only way to describe it..

From 90210, gilmore girls, Lost, to the magicians..
Seth I think has planned to win

As for the critics views..
well They do not matter you see
Who pays them is a good question the critics never answer

In the end..

I think it is obvious that the writers and directors have a better feel for the market then the critics in this case..
I have the series saved on DVR..
Ah man, that looks like an awesome show! minusculeknocks

I hope they will air it on HULU, being as that is the only way I can watch it.
Would almost buy a TV and get Satellite for that.
I did say Almost!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
whispers softly

my couchtuner .ag

it will probably be up there soon

Fox is airing an encore presentation tuesday
@"guohua" 
@"Mystic Wanderer"

I will PM the link I can remember

if you use couch tuner make sure you have ghostery and ad block
extentions
SO EXCITED for this. They pushed it off in my neck of the woods to have a 1-hour special on the Packers (it didn't air until 11pm) so I have it recorded for later. I love the stuff Seth puts out and hope this lives up to the hype!
(09-12-2017, 01:30 AM)Armonica_Templar Wrote: @"guohua" 
@"Mystic Wanderer"

extentions

I'd need to use my computer or Lap Top.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(09-12-2017, 01:30 AM)Armonica_Templar Wrote: @"guohua" 
@"Mystic Wanderer"

extentions

I watched this on HULU last night.  YAY! 

It was pretty good. Funny-weird kind of movie, but one I'll watch every week.   Thanks for letting us know about it. minusculethumbsup2