Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Policeman killed in Paris shooting.
Policeman killed in Paris shooting.

'One policeman has been killed and a second wounded in a shooting in central Paris, police say.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1665]

Some reports say a gunman who fired on them has been shot dead. The Champs Elysees,
where the shooting occurred, has been sealed off.

France goes to the polls on Sunday in the first round of the presidential election.
Jihadism is a major issue in the vote after attacks claimed by so-called Islamic State...'
SOURCE:

When does it end...?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
@"BIAD"  WOW, I was just reading this. The French People have had One Too Many Killings. Around Them Up and Deport Them Back to the War They Refuse To Fight In their Home Land.
France has a Problem. They have this Open Arms, Huggie, Huggie Government.
I understand that as of March this year France has agreed to take in 30,000 more,,,, Ah,,, What part Of,, this Is Stupid Don't They Understand?
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(04-20-2017, 09:29 PM)guohua Wrote: @"BIAD"  WOW, I was just reading this. The French People have had One Too Many Killings. Around Them Up and Deport Them Back to the War They Refuse To Fight In their Home Land.
France has a Problem. They have this Open Arms, Huggie, Huggie Government.
I understand that as of March this year France has agreed to take in 30,000 more,,,, Ah,,, What part Of,, this Is Stupid Don't They Understand?

The migration was supposed to be a major part of the deculturing of France, Germany and
the other countries of the European Community. What the eliteist who have faith in the project
didn't figure on was that the ideology that came with these dangerous extremists, could have
an effect that will put them out of office!

And that's what Le Pen is counting on!
I will be in France again in a few months.

This is not good, will have to get more details on this story. 

I hope that all this settles down soon and we can get back to eating good cheese, drinking Pastis, and smoking Gauloises.
(04-21-2017, 12:27 AM)1984hasarrived Wrote: I will be in France again in a few months.

I hope that all this settles down soon and we can get back to eating good cheese, drinking Pastis, and smoking Gauloises.

You must stay safe and yes that is smart to investigate and keep your eyes and ears open.
One bit of advice, if humanly possible, stay away from areas frequented by tourist, stay a good distance from areas of armed police milling about.
Fad into the Shadows and never travel in a group, Groups are Targets.

Stay Safe!
(04-21-2017, 12:35 AM)guohua Wrote:
(04-21-2017, 12:27 AM)1984hasarrived Wrote: I will be in France again in a few months.

You must stay safe and yes that is smart to investigate and keep your eyes and ears open.
One bit of advice, if humanly possible, stay away from areas frequented by tourist, stay a good distance from areas of armed police milling about.
Fad into the Shadows and never travel in a group, Groups are Targets.

Stay Safe!

Thanks for the advice. I grew up in a civil war, have been in war zones (Middle East) and through tempestuous and volatile times (seeing a mob burning the US flag and chanting, I soon got my ass out of there), so I know how to be careful.

I live in a remote area in France, so crowds are not often seen as it is a large area with only a few hundred people. However, I am always very aware when I am out and about in the big city, or tourist places.

Thanks for your concern.
@"1984hasarrived" 
You're a Member, a Family member to us, we are all Friends here and close to each other and we care.

Makes us a little different,,,, Rogues you might say.  smallgreennumberone

Stay safe, 1984... from the video below, France seems to be place that struggling at the moment.

Maybe we can make the streets a bit safer for 1984 and the French citizens...

France faces its own EU referendum as far-right Europhobe Marine Le Pen and independent centrist
Emmanuel Macron beat two main parties to go head to head in presidential elections after tight vote.

'France could face its own 'Frexit' in the future after far-right leader Marine Le Pen and independent
centrist Emmanuel Macron beat the two main parties to go head to head in the upcoming presidential
elections.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1683]

With 34 percent of the vote counted, France's Interior Ministry says that far-right presidential candidate
Marine Le Pen is leading with 24.6 percent of the vote followed by centrist Emmanuel Macron with
21.9 percent. 

But it is thought that Le Pen's chances of winning are limited as supporters for Republican candidate
and third place contender, Francois Fillon, who conceded, will support Macron.

However, far-left leader Jean-Luc Melenchon has refused to concede defeat until final results of
first-round vote are announced.

Celebrating his victory, Macron said: 'The French have expressed their desire for change.
We're clearly turning a page in French political history.' 
Le Pen later told her supporters she is offering `the great alternative' in the presidential race.

She said: ‘This is a historic result. The French must take the step for this historic opportunity.
This is the first step to drive the French [people] into the Elysee Palace.
'It is time to liberate the French people from the arrogant [political] elite.' 

Former favourite Fillon conceded and voiced his support for Macron after initial projections showed
he and Melanchon got 19.5 per cent of the vote. 

Shortly afterwards, France's Prime Minister, Bernard Cazeneuve, also called on voters to support Macron. 
The outcome capped an extraordinary few months for a deeply divided France, which saw a campaign
full of twists and turns and widespread anger at traditional parties...'
SOURCE:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)