Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
In 2005, the majority of young people lived independently in their own household
This is sad, in the last ten years (thank you Obama) more young Americans have been forced to live at home with their Parents!
Why, No jobs, the H1-B visas and Illegals will work for less.
Yes, they'll work for less and rent an apartment or house and move in three families to help pay the bills.
That is The Truth!
Everyone can Thank Big Business and Obama and His Boss, Soros.
Quote:Census: More Americans 18-to-34 Now Live With Parents Than With Spouse
Are they going to tell you the truth in this article,,,,,, well yes, partially, but they don't put the Blame Firmly On The Shoulders Of the Man Who Willingly,,, Destroyed America. Obama.

Quote:(CNSNews.com) - Four decades ago, in the mid-1970s, young American adults--in the 18-to-34 age bracket--were far more likely to be married and living with a spouse than living in their parents’ home.

But that is no longer the case, according to a new study by the U.S. Census Bureau.

“There are now more young people living with their parents than in any other arrangement,” says the Census Bureau study.

“What is more,” says the study, “almost 9 in 10 young people who were living in their parents’ home a year ago are still living there today, making it the most stable living arrangement.”

The Number 1 living arrangement today for Americans in the 18-to-34 age bracket, according to the Census Bureau, is to reside without a spouse in their parents’ home.

In 1975, according to Census Bureau data, 31.9 million Americans in the 18-to-34 age bracket were married and lived with their spouse.

Back then, this was the most common living arrangement for that age bracket.

Also in 1975, 14.7 million in the 18-to-34 age bracket lived in their parents’ home; 6.1 million lived in an “other” arrangement (including with siblings, grandparents, other relatives, or unrelated roommates); 3.1 million lived alone, and 0.7 million cohabitated with an unmarried partner.

In 2016, according to the Census Bureau, only 19.9 million were married and lived with a spouse—while 22.9 million lived in their parents’ home.

Also in 2016, 15.6 million lived in an “other” arrangement. 9.2 million cohabitated with an unmarried partner, and 5.9 million lived alone.

In the last decade, says the study, the pace of change in the living arrangements of young Americans has been rapid--but has not been uniform across the states and regions of the country.

“Within the last 10 years, the breadth and speed of change in living arrangements have been tremendous,” it says. “In 2005, the majority of young people lived independently in their own household (either alone, with a spouse, or an unmarried partner), which was the predominant living arrangement in 35 states. By 2015—just a decade later—only six states had a majority of young people living independently.”

Source
You read that part, Within The Last Ten Years!
Makes you think most snowflakes who are too afraid to make their own way in the world, especially after being coddled their entire lives.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
funny thing is ..... they did it to themselves voting for and supporting that fucking kenyan piece of shit ...... they still fucking stupid enough not to see the damage that bastard did .....

On bright side ..... it will keep most the little commie bastards off my patch as they cant afford to travel abroad  .....
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

Yes, as the paycheck stayed basically the same, and inflation kept rising and rising, it became harder and harder to save a penny to move out. Unless you had rich parents to help you get "set up", you were (and are) forced to stay put at Mommy's house.
And, as you said, the immigrants working for low wages kept them low for everyone else.

I just got out of school and on my own in the nick of time.  I was working and had my own apartment three weeks before I turned 18.  I made it just fine on my own as a single adult back then.
Those days are gone for the youth of today, unless you go to school for 20 years to be a brain surgeon, or astronaut, or some high-paying job like that.
Then they spend another 40 years paying back the student loan that got them that high-paying job. Then they retire with no savings, and then they die.

It's a beautiful world we're enslaved in, isn't it?   tinysure
@"Mystic Wanderer" 
Yes the paychecks stayed the same or Less because of Obamacare and if Companies cut your hours to three days or less a week they didn't have to offer healthcare.
So, many people's hours were cut and people hired (mostly illegals) at minimum wage to cover the other hours.

Then these idiots got the bright idea of a $15. and hour minimum wage, This is how our education system has failed us, They believed that they get Fifteen dollars and hour and get to keep they hours they were working,,,,, they believe that with this raise in pay their rent would stay the same, their car insurance wouldn't increase NOTHING would be affected but their larger pay check.
STUPID!
Let me ask this,,, you think that rent and other cost would not increase when you started to make more money,,,,,,,,Who was raised to believe they could raise a family, own a home and go on vacation and afford Healthcare at a Job working for Burger King, Taco bell and so on,,, How Ignorant.
I have to ask, How many people believe the Transition to Adulthood is Hard?
It would appear we have some in this current batch called the Millennials are finding the Real World To hard For them,,,,, What,,, No More Awards For Just Showing Up?
No Safe Place To Run and Hide In When Your Co-Worker At McDonalds Ignores You? 
Quote:By his twenties, Kyle Kaylor imagined he would be living on his own, nearing a college degree, and on his way to a job that fulfilled him.

Instead, at 21, he found himself out of school, living with his parents, and "stuck" working as a manager at a fast food restaurant scraping to make hand-to-mouth.
Launching into adulthood has been tricky, he said.
Now for the real Meat of the article.

Quote:For one, the report shows young men like Kaylor, who makes less than $22,000, have fallen by the wayside when it comes to income.

"In 1975, only 25 percent of men aged 25 to 34 had incomes of less than $30,000 per year. By 2016, that share rose to 41 percent of young men," according to the report.

"That is a product of a shrinking blue-collar economy," said Anthony Carnevale, director of the Center on Education and the Workforce, a non-profit institute at Georgetown University.

Traditionally, men occupied most positions in industries such as manual labor and construction work. With those mostly gone, male wages have been hit harder than "women who started off behind" but excelled in school and college, Carnevale said.
Source
(Traditionally, men occupied most positions in industries such as manual labor and construction work.)
For that you all need to Thank Obama, the Puppet of Big Business and Soros.
Opening our Borders and Flooding our Country with Low Wage Earners and Unskilled workers.
they'll work for Minimum Wage or less on a construction site, Because they rent homes and put three or four families in it.