Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Syria Bombing. Your Opinion?
(04-13-2017, 08:19 AM)1984hasarrived Wrote: I do not think there is a cold war about to take place, but there are so many financial links between high up officials in Trump's administration that there are concerns about that.  There has also been huge amounts of contact during the election between people in his administration, and at the minute this is under investigation by the FBI

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/20/us/po....html?_r=0
http://www.latimes.com/politics/washingt...story.html

I know that some people will say it is a witch hunt out to topple Trump, but the truth will out.  We are not dealing with "alternative facts", they are "facts".

I don't doubt there was a huge amount of contact. That's what governments do - they talk to other governments. I'd worry more about it if they HADN'T had any contact. If one intends to hit the ground running, then he'd better have on his running boots.

Still, I welcome the investigation, and agree with you that the "truth will out" eventually. I only slightly worry about whose version of "truth" comes out. Eventually, the actual truth will, and that's what I'm waiting on.

I also agree that another Cold War will not take place. that would be impossible, seeing as how one of the players is dead, dead, dead - the Soviet Union. What I don't understand is why they are even trying to fire up a new cold war, if they realize that the Soviets are no more. My best guess is that they are hoping no one out here realizes that "Soviet" and "Russian" are not the same thing, and they're trying to make bank on that.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(04-13-2017, 09:06 AM)guohua Wrote: I had to disagree with you 1984justarrived.
Russian Gate had nothing to do with this Presidential Election.

My husband says, like Ninurta said, the KGB was good, be we were better.
Mr. G. says that their control on the individual agent was too tight, the man or woman had no wiggle room.
My Husband on the other hand could disappear if need be, break contact with everyone and re-surface when he felt safe and make a report of his reason for his action.
They couldn't do that.

The Bombing was an important show of force for Trump, Not so much Stria as it was for Putin.
They learned that Trump is Not All Talk Like Obama.

Yes you're dealing with a Witch Hunt and The Truth was out and they've already made it perfectly clear, Trump did nothing wrong.

"Ivan" in the Soviet Military had the same hobbles and constraints as "Boris" in the KGB. They were very, very good at what they did, but authority was way too centralized and top-down, to the point that there was no initiative possible in local units - they had to wait for orders from on high, with the result that they missed a lot of opportunities to do what they did well, and in some cases got damn near annihilated waiting on orders.

There's a lot to be said for being able to hit-n-git at will, without having to wait for permission.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

It's often said that in politics, black is white and white is black.

Facts Point to Obama as the REAL Russian Puppet.

'In an op-ed for the New York Post, National Review’s Rich Lowry declared that there
really was a Russian puppet in the White House... and his name was Barack Obama.

In the Monday piece, Lowry wrote that “circumstantial evidence is mounting that the
Kremlin succeeded in infiltrating the U.S. government at the highest levels,” but that
it was done during the Obama administration.

“He re-set with Russia shortly after its clash with Georgia in 2008,” Lowry wrote.
“He concluded the New START agreement with Moscow that reduced our nuclear
forces but not theirs.
When candidate Mitt Romney warned about Russia in the 2012 campaign, Obama
rejected him as a Cold War relic.

“The president then went on to forge an agreement with Russia’s ally Iran to allow it
to preserve its nuclear program. During the red-line fiasco, he eagerly grasped a
lifeline from Russia at the price of accepting its intervention in Syria.

He never budged on giving Ukraine ‘lethal’ weapons to defend itself from Russian
attack,” Lowry continued.

“Finally, Obama cut U.S. defense spending and cracked down on fossil fuels
-a policy that Russia welcomes, since its economy is dependent on high oil prices.”

And the chickens have now come home to roost, Lowry argued.

“The cost of Obama’s orientation toward Russia became clearer over the last two weeks.
When he pulled up short from enforcing his red line, an agreement with the Russians to
remove Bashar Assad’s chemical weapons became the fig leaf to cover his retreat,”
Lowry said.

“Even if Obama eventually got tougher on Russia — imposing sanctions after the Ukraine
invasion and sending contingents of U.S. troops to countries near Russia -he never entirely
shed his reflex toward accommodation.”

Lowry is 100 percent right. The Democrats’ neo-John Bircher hysteria over Russia may
have reached a fever pitch now, but that’s mostly because it’s a convenient excuse as
to why they lost the presidential election.

For all the Democrat talk about President Donald Trump being a Kremlin puppet, it’s worth
pointing out that the president did something Obama never would: strike back at Russia’s
client state of Syria after Assad used chemical weapons.

And what necessitated that? Barack Obama’s policy of accommodation, bordering on
appeasement, to Russia and its allies.

There was a Kremlin puppet in the White House. Thankfully, term limits forced him to leave...'
SOURCE:
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
I saw this and it was too funny not to share.   tinylaughing  You'll have to click on the picture to see it larger.

[Image: North_Korean_Giant_Magnet.jpg]

(04-13-2017, 07:34 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(04-13-2017, 08:19 AM)1984hasarrived Wrote: I do not think there is a cold war about to take place, but there are so many financial links between high up officials in Trump's administration that there are concerns about that.  There has also been huge amounts of contact during the election between people in his administration, and at the minute this is under investigation by the FBI

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/20/us/po....html?_r=0
http://www.latimes.com/politics/washingt...story.html

I know that some people will say it is a witch hunt out to topple Trump, but the truth will out.  We are not dealing with "alternative facts", they are "facts".

I don't doubt there was a huge amount of contact. That's what governments do - they talk to other governments. I'd worry more about it if they HADN'T had any contact. If one intends to hit the ground running, then he'd better have on his running boots.

Still, I welcome the investigation, and agree with you that the "truth will out" eventually. I only slightly worry about whose version of "truth" comes out. Eventually, the actual truth will, and that's what I'm waiting on.

I also agree that another Cold War will not take place. that would be impossible, seeing as how one of the players is dead, dead, dead - the Soviet Union. What I don't understand is why they are even trying to fire up a new cold war, if they realize that the Soviets are no more. My best guess is that they are hoping no one out here realizes that "Soviet" and "Russian" are not the same thing, and they're trying to make bank on that.

If you look into it, a lot if these contacts were business related, not political.  It just stinks.

I am more concerned now about war. 

Here we are on the brink of WW III (nuclear) with two unhinged leaders sporting dodgy haircuts facing off.

Thanks America, or should I say Russia?

God help the world.
A few things here:

I never understood the notion that Obama was a "weak" leader who didn't know how to take action. The guy was a neocon at heart (or the neocons that run the government certainly got to him). For all of his Nobel bullshit and smooth talk he was one of the worst when it came to indiscriminate bombing. 

Drone Wars, By The Numbers

Quote:Obama embraced the US drone programme, overseeing more strikes in his first year than Bush carried out during his entire presidency. A total of 563 strikes, largely by drones, targeted Pakistan, Somalia and Yemen during Obama’s two terms, compared to 57 strikes under Bush. Between 384 and 807 civilians were killed in those countries, according to reports logged by the Bureau.

Nobel Peace Prize?  tinylaughing

And yes, I fully respect people who immediately jump to his whole "Red Line" debacle. But what NOBODY brings up anymore is that after that line was crossed, he was primed and ready to strike. The SAME DAMN strike that Trump ordered (and is being hailed for?). But then, in a moment that should make us F*CKING PROUD, he actually decided to ask congress for PERMISSION. Permission that is usually granted as such by Congress according to the War Powers Act. It was NOT an attack against us, it put the US in no immediate danger, so your God Damn RIGHT I expect a president to ask for permission. It's his constitutional DUTY to do so. 

But congress at the time? They weren't having it. (Congress during most of his tenure would have yelled "YOU LIE!" if he went on TV and said the sky is blue on a Sunny Day...). And to be completely fair, the left wasn't having it either. A bunch of scared scarecrows who were too damn worried about becoming the congress that brought us another war. So this isn't blaming the "right", I'm blaming the "mood" if you will. 

Obama Seeks Approval to Bomb Syria

Then he figures out his resolution won't pass. Some on the right said it had "no clear objective", some of the left said "it's a symbolic strike at best with no plan for actually dealing with Syria", and those in the media just counted the days that have passed since his "red line" was crossed. So he picks up the phone and dials up Putin. He tells Putin that you will help me get rid of these chemical weapons and we'll let the Quagmire that is Syria just keep on trucking. 

While I applaud the effort to get rid of the WMD's, I agree with most and say it still allowed Syria to spiral into an even deeper Hell Hole while really solving nothing. Assad just went from Chlorine to Barrel Bombs. Sarin to conventional artillery.

Fast forward to Trump? Mr. "America First". Mr. :

[Image: 2i20e84.jpg] 

What does he do? Mr. BIG BALLS bombs a base in Syria. He bombs them with NO future plan (he holds that close to the vest tinylaughing ), and as @"Ninurta" pointed out he's bombing the same people who are FIGHTING ISIS!!!

mediumfacepalm mediumexhausted

So my view on Syria? 

Wag the Fucking Dog

Quote:Obviously and clearly it has succeeded in changing the subject matter of the political dialogue. The bombs were TV's lead item and the newspapers' front-page story.

It changed the tone, too.  Fareed Zakaria who had called Trump a "bullsh*t artist" over and over again just a week earlier, now gushed that "Donald Trump became President of the United States." USA Today printed "Trump hits high mark ..." and tweeted "It was a successful week for the president. Will his #winning ways continue." The New York Times wrote, "an emotional President Trump took the greatest risk of his young presidency ... it was an emotional act by a man suddenly aware that the world's problems were now his - and that turning away, to him, was not an option." Matt Lewis, of The Daily Beast, wrote "... very different Donald Trump. More serious - and clearly moved emotionally. Frequently invoked the Almighty." An op-ed piece in the Wall Street Journal declared that "President Trump faced his first serious foreign policy test this week ... to the surprise and perhaps frustration of his critics, he passed with flying colours."

If he truly wanted to eliminate ISIS he wouldn't be playing cock measuring contests with Russia and Syria. 

If it WAS the Saudis / Israelis that carried out a False Flag he could be the greatest President we have ever seen by Calling them out and playing cock measure with them. But he wont. He will be the same BS Artist we've had occupying that office my entire life. 

And we will be back to square 1 by the end of his 1st term looking for the next "Mr. Fixer Upper / Mrs. Fixer Upper". 

My $.02
[Image: giphy.gif]

Thanks @"727Sky"     tinylaughing
(04-15-2017, 05:08 PM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: A few things here:

I never understood the notion that Obama was a "weak" leader who didn't know how to take action. The guy was a neocon at heart (or the neocons that run the government certainly got to him). For all of his Nobel bullshit and smooth talk he was one of the worst when it came to indiscriminate bombing. 

Drone Wars, By The Numbers

Quote:Obama embraced the US drone programme, overseeing more strikes in his first year than Bush carried out during his entire presidency. A total of 563 strikes, largely by drones, targeted Pakistan, Somalia and Yemen during Obama’s two terms, compared to 57 strikes under Bush. Between 384 and 807 civilians were killed in those countries, according to reports logged by the Bureau.

Nobel Peace Prize?  tinylaughing

And yes, I fully respect people who immediately jump to his whole "Red Line" debacle. But what NOBODY brings up anymore is that after that line was crossed, he was primed and ready to strike. The SAME DAMN strike that Trump ordered (and is being hailed for?). But then, in a moment that should make us F*CKING PROUD, he actually decided to ask congress for PERMISSION. Permission that is usually granted as such by Congress according to the War Powers Act. It was NOT an attack against us, it put the US in no immediate danger, so your God Damn RIGHT I expect a president to ask for permission. It's his constitutional DUTY to do so. 

But congress at the time? They weren't having it. (Congress during most of his tenure would have yelled "YOU LIE!" if he went on TV and said the sky is blue on a Sunny Day...). And to be completely fair, the left wasn't having it either. A bunch of scared scarecrows who were too damn worried about becoming the congress that brought us another war. So this isn't blaming the "right", I'm blaming the "mood" if you will. 

Obama Seeks Approval to Bomb Syria

Then he figures out his resolution won't pass. Some on the right said it had "no clear objective", some of the left said "it's a symbolic strike at best with no plan for actually dealing with Syria", and those in the media just counted the days that have passed since his "red line" was crossed. So he picks up the phone and dials up Putin. He tells Putin that you will help me get rid of these chemical weapons and we'll let the Quagmire that is Syria just keep on trucking. 

While I applaud the effort to get rid of the WMD's, I agree with most and say it still allowed Syria to spiral into an even deeper Hell Hole while really solving nothing. Assad just went from Chlorine to Barrel Bombs. Sarin to conventional artillery.

Fast forward to Trump? Mr. "America First". Mr. :

[Image: 2i20e84.jpg] 

What does he do? Mr. BIG BALLS bombs a base in Syria. He bombs them with NO future plan (he holds that close to the vest tinylaughing ), and as @"Ninurta" pointed out he's bombing the same people who are FIGHTING ISIS!!!

mediumfacepalm mediumexhausted

So my view on Syria? 

Wag the Fucking Dog

Quote:Obviously and clearly it has succeeded in changing the subject matter of the political dialogue. The bombs were TV's lead item and the newspapers' front-page story.

It changed the tone, too.  Fareed Zakaria who had called Trump a "bullsh*t artist" over and over again just a week earlier, now gushed that "Donald Trump became President of the United States." USA Today printed "Trump hits high mark ..." and tweeted "It was a successful week for the president. Will his #winning ways continue." The New York Times wrote, "an emotional President Trump took the greatest risk of his young presidency ... it was an emotional act by a man suddenly aware that the world's problems were now his - and that turning away, to him, was not an option." Matt Lewis, of The Daily Beast, wrote "... very different Donald Trump. More serious - and clearly moved emotionally. Frequently invoked the Almighty." An op-ed piece in the Wall Street Journal declared that "Pree in that assessmentsident Trump faced his first serious foreign policy test this week ... to the surprise and perhaps frustration of his critics, he passed with flying colours."

If he truly wanted to eliminate ISIS he wouldn't be playing cock measuring contests with Russia and Syria. 

If it WAS the Saudis / Israelis that carried out a False Flag he could be the greatest President we have ever seen by Calling them out and playing cock measure with them. But he wont. He will be the same BS Artist we've had occupying that office my entire life. 

And we will be back to square 1 by the end of his 1st term looking for the next "Mr. Fixer Upper / Mrs. Fixer Upper". 

My $.02

Those tweets were one of the reasons I voted for Trump - Syria's CIVIL war is internal Syrian business, and none of ours. Now, he appears to have done an about-face on that former stance, making him nothing but another lying politician. I'm guessing I'm not alone in that assessment, judging by the strong reactions of many others. Curious how his former foes suddenly gush all over him when he does exactly the wrong thing, but a thing they want done - spark US involvement in yet ANOTHER war. Send some of those bastards to the front lines to duke it out their goddamned selves, and they might rethink that stance. War is easy when you get to send OTHER folks to do YOUR dying.

So what if Russia is involved? That doesn't mean WE have to get mired up in Syria's internal problems, too. Hell, I invite whomever I want to my house, but that doesn't mean the whole damned neighborhood gets to barge in. Syria can invite whomever THEY want to their house. I got no problems with that.

Propaganda pictures don't move me much anymore, either. Maybe I have a stone heart these days. Someone gassed your kid? Well ain't life a bitch all around! Get your ass in gear, pick up a goddamned rifle, and take care of some business. Don't phone me to take care of your dirty work for you if you won't do it for yourself, and don't expect America to do it, either - we may get the wrong people, as was so wonderfully demonstrated.

All their fighting age men run like hell for the west in banana boats, and they expect us to send OUR fighting age men to die for them? Fuck 'em - why should we defend what they don't find worth defending? Let the bitch burn to the ground.

This kid makes sense.  But, is it a good idea to tell the world what might really be going on? 
I started not to share this because of that fact, but he has it on video, with almost 11,600 views, so it's already out there. 

What do you think?

https://youtu.be/4VCgU1v0c3I
(04-16-2017, 12:54 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: This kid makes sense.  But, is it a good idea to tell the world what might really be going on? 
I started not to share this because of that fact, but he has it on video, with almost 11,600 views, so it's already out there. 

What do you think?

https://youtu.be/4VCgU1v0c3I
He's Never set in a National Security Briefing Nor Has He Ever Given One.
He's is a Deep thinker as long As It Fits In His Very Small World and Pleases His College / Unversity Professor.
Yes Trump Called Putin, But Only Because this Procedure was Established under the Obama Administration.

Quote:Pentagon spokesman Captain Jeff Davis said in an official statement: "Russian forces were notified in advance of the strike using the established deconfliction line. U.S. military planners took precautions to minimize risk to Russian or Syrian personnel located at the airfield."

Quote:The communication channel between the U.S. and Russian military is still open, Pentagon officials stressed Friday, despite reports that Russia may close it in response to the U.S. airstrike in Syria.
“Our [military-to-military] communication line is still open and they are answering on the other end,” a senior military official told reporters at the Pentagon. 
Reports Friday morning indicated Russia is suspending the line, which was set up to avoid midair incidents between Russian and U.S. pilots in the skies over Syria. Russia and the U.S. set up the so-called deconfliction line in October 2015 after Russian air forces intervened in the ongoing Syrian civil war.
Source
 The kid is Bright, but doesn't check his facts.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]